Rainbinder
I am so sick with grief over the loss of my gorgeous white with brown pure breed English Springer Spaniel it has me not thinking clearly. I don’t know what to do with myself. I don’t know how to move forward. I am literally paralyzed with sadness. She was so much more than a pet. She was my best friend and family member. I am writing just to do something that may help my mental state. I asked the rest of my family if we could have a funeral for her as I believe she deserves that respect and all she gave to us. I am alone in this request. I am drowning in sorrow. I feel for every single person who loves their family member as I do and hope for all to some How be able to move forward with their lives without their best friends. I have not been able to do so this far and not sure when or if it will ever happen because things will never be the same. Rainbinder
Quote 0 0
Rainbinder
Rainbinder wrote:
I am so sick with grief over the loss of my gorgeous white with brown pure breed English Springer Spaniel it has me not thinking clearly. I don’t know what to do with myself. I don’t know how to move forward. I am literally paralyzed with sadness. She was so much more than a pet. She was my best friend and family member. I am writing just to do something that may help my mental state. I asked the rest of my family if we could have a funeral for her as I believe she deserves that respect and all she gave to us. I am alone in this request. I am drowning in sorrow. I feel for every single person who loves their family member as I do and hope for all to some How be able to move forward with their lives without their best friends. I have not been able to do so this far and not sure when or if it will ever happen because things will never be the same. Rainbinder
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Robert I am so sorry. We do love them as so much more than pets because they are. They become a part of us. Your memorial to her is a wonderful ideal. We’ll come up with ways you alone can give respect to your beloved girl. I completely understand feeling consumed with agonizing sorrow. How could we not? They are our best friends, they are always there for us and so happy just to be with us. They know our deepest secrets and still love us, they’ve seen our ugliest sides and yet adore us. Every wonderful memory is laced with the joy and happiness of them. The change in plans just leaves us standing in one spot wondering “what now” and “why”
This grief is inescapable it’s here as a reminder of the deep love you share, they go hand in hand. I don’t know your personal beliefs but I don’t believe the death of the body is the death of the soul. How can everything felt yet not seen be gone? It’s who we are, our souls. I hold to the faith that I’ll see and be with my girl again
My personal physical connection to my beloved Tankie took some time. My remembrance, or memorial of sorts. It was what she’d had and worn since she was weeks old. The heart shaped I.D. tag with her name and return info. She wore it for 10 years. It’s mine now, I wear it and will give it back to her someday, many hugs,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Rainbinder
I apologize to all if I am not using this forum correctly as of now I can’t even begin to think about learning how to do anything. I am just too distraught. My love and compassion goes out to all who have lost. I hope to be able to find a way to go on In my life. It seems to be unattainable at the moment.
Quote 0 0
Rainbinder
Tankie12 wrote:
Robert I am so sorry. We do love them as so much more than pets because they are. They become a part of us. Your memorial to her is a wonderful ideal. We’ll come up with ways you alone can give respect to your beloved girl. I completely understand feeling consumed with agonizing sorrow. How could we not? They are our best friends, they are always there for us and so happy just to be with us. They know our deepest secrets and still love us, they’ve seen our ugliest sides and yet adore us. Every wonderful memory is laced with the joy and happiness of them. The change in plans just leaves us standing in one spot wondering “what now” and “why”
This grief is inescapable it’s here as a reminder of the deep love you share, they go hand in hand. I don’t know your personal beliefs but I don’t believe the death of the body is the death of the soul. How can everything felt yet not seen be gone? It’s who we are, our souls. I hold to the faith that I’ll see and be with my girl again
My personal physical connection to my beloved Tankie took some time. My remembrance, or memorial of sorts. It was what she’d had and worn since she was weeks old. The heart shaped I.D. tag with her name and return info. She wore it for 10 years. It’s mine now, I wear it and will give it back to her someday, many hugs,,,,,
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Rainbinder wrote:
I apologize to all if I am not using this forum correctly as of now I can’t even begin to think about learning how to do anything. I am just too distraught. My love and compassion goes out to all who have lost. I hope to be able to find a way to go on In my life. It seems to be unattainable at the moment.

No worries, you can either go to the little pencil in the upper right side of a comment or go below to the blank page that says New Reply. Afterwards just use the add reply at the bottom of your comments . To see your replies in your email notifications hit the subscribe to this topic on the bottom left of the comments
Quote 0 0
Rainbinder
Tankie12 thank you so much for your kind words. You said what I know to be so true about the great way they are to us no matter what. I can’t thank you enough for caring by sharing with me. I also carry a worry and pain for my other little girl who knows no life without her big sister Daisy. She is walking around very quietly wondering where her partner in crime is and is clearly not herself. I don’t know what to do for her as their daily routine of playing together is gone forever and that is also destroying me. I don’t want to get off the couch where my Daisy laid next to me. My Zoe Zoe Girl is in need of grieving and I am sure she will in many ways that will make it even harder for this family to figure out how to move forward with nothing but tears. My mom believed that our souls are energy and that energy never disappears. I agree with my mom and with you that our souls move on. I love Tankies Tag and find it a beautiful tribute to wear it until you meet again. Bless you for reaching out to someone in so much need of understanding who is is not finding it anywhere. Thank you
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Robert,
I am so sorry for your loss. It is especially hard when those closest to us do not understand. For me, losing my Rookie affected my appetite, sleep, and just general personality and motivation. 6 weeks later i'm eating and (usually) sleeping better, but sometimes I continue to feel like I am just going through the motions with work and friends/ family. I know it will take time, and there's no going back to the way it was.... it's a new normal we all have to get used to.
Thinking of you!
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I bottle raised Tankie and her sister, Browns from birth. They’ve know nothing but us and each other for over 10 yrs. Browns grieved, desperately searched and waited at the fence for her sister. Without Tankie she was nothing, adored each other but Tankie was the stronger one. She let all the little stuff roll off her back. Browns is the more serious, introverted almost.
Browns needed a serious surgery right after Tankie’s death. She had to have her spleen removed because of tumors and the possibility of a rupture and bleed out. But her depression was prohibiting it. I had to pull her out of it and the only way was to get a puppy, a distraction if you will. He became part of our family 3 1/2 weeks after Tankie died. Browns had her surgery two wks later and did well.
I didn’t want a puppy, it was for her. It’s worked out well and I have to admit he’s helped us all. He definitely made
me get up in the mornings or else!
Just something to consider
Let Zoe Zoe Girl know you’re grieving as well. They only think where is she. Just give her lots of extra attention, take her for more walks and be extra loving,,,,
Quote 0 0
Rainbinder
Rookiesmama wrote:
Robert,
I am so sorry for your loss. It is especially hard when those closest to us do not understand. For me, losing my Rookie affected my appetite, sleep, and just general personality and motivation. 6 weeks later i'm eating and (usually) sleeping better, but sometimes I continue to feel like I am just going through the motions with work and friends/ family. I know it will take time, and there's no going back to the way it was.... it's a new normal we all have to get used to.
Thinking of you!
Quote 0 0
Rainbinder
Rook I understand how you are moving forward as I know my world has stopped and everyone else keeps moving forward and I am just numb. I don’t want to do anything except lay here and cry. This is truly one of the hardest things I have had to endure and I have endured death. I think it’s the daily love and interaction with my Daisy Girl we shared that is making it so exceptionally difficult. I wake she is there, I cry she is there, I laugh she is there, I swim she can’t wait to swim with me, I eat she eats and now..... lost thank you for your thoughts as for me this is only day 2 without her.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I am so sorry for your loss and lack of support and understanding from your family. It would make the grieving process so much more healthy if our grief was validated by at least our own family. This forum has helped me tremendously where everyone understands the pain and sorrow we feel at this terrible time.
Quote 0 0