tgambard26
I can't stop breaking down almost every night.  I lost one of my Jack Russell's in March, then the other one in May.  I am scared at how sad I get.  I don't know how to bear through this.
Quote 0 0
spiritdog
tg, you got a double whammy, I know how hard that is. I am so sorry for your losses.

My 17 yr. old cat died and 2 months later my poodle died unexpectedly! I was reeling
from the losses. And all I had left of my pack was Sidekick my Pom, who was the
sickest one of the pack!! I lived in fear of him dying too.

And 5 weeks ago he did die. I lost my entire pack, my family. I am alone.

Grief is just tough, and something you have to go through, you can't push it aside,
it won't work.

Come here and share, we are all grieving too. I have cried every day for over
5 weeks now, I am angry sometimes, I avoid people, I am lost in grief.
"People disappoint, dogs never do" - spiritdog

"You MUST be your pets ADVOCATE, if it doesn't feel right walk away." - spiritdog
Quote 0 0
ThomasCatsMummy
I am so sorry for your loss. To lose two loved pets so close to one another is heart-breaking. I'm surprised by the strength and length of my raw grief. In the 6 and a half weeks since losing Thomas there have been 5 days when I haven't cried. Some days are better than others but nights when I'm on my own are the worst. What I have learned on here and has comforted me is that this is perfectly normal. We need to allow ourselves time to grieve and let the pain
out.

One thing that has helped me a little is writing some letters to my boy. Just telling him how I feel. Read some other posts here, there's some great advice and more comforting words than I can come up with. Tell us about your Jack Russells, sometimes people are helped by sharing happy memories. Please know that you aren't alone and there's people here who know how you feel.
Thomas Cat
In our lives 14/4/2009 - 18/05/2013
In our hearts forever
Quote 0 0
tgambard26
Thank you both for responding.  It is helpful to know that I am not alone in my pain.  My dogs were so attached to me and I to them.  Names were Charlie and Lucy.  I knew they could feel my constant worry for them, which sometimes hindered my life, but that's just the way I am.  Everyone would be surprised at how much I thought about them being alone knowing they just wanted to be with me.  It does feel almost like I'll never get over it.  I'm so tired of breaking down at night.  Like others here have said, during the day you can get through but at night you can't help but think about it.  Charlie was 14 and could hardly walk anymore.  I held on longer than I should have I think.  Lucy had so many medical problems her whole life, including epilepsy, but still managed to fight through until 13.  We discovered her kidneys had started failing and she stopped eating.  I tried everything to get her to eat and hopefully gain some strength back - chicken, hamburger, eggs.   She didn't want any of it and normally she would have torn through that kind of food.

Well again thank you for reading.  I am so sorry for all of your losses also.  I am glad I found this forum.
Quote 0 0
Baileys_mum_01
I am so sorry for the loss of both your little ones. I know how hard it is to lose one but two so close together I can't begin to imagine how difficult that must have been for you.  You were still grieving for your first baby and then lost your second one so soon after. It so hard seeing them age and suffer from sickness and pain.  The evenings are when I feel my loss the most.  I am at work during the day but as soon as I come home to an empty house that is when it hits me and I break down again and again. Talking to people here has been a lifeline for me. 

I also write to Bailey but in a daily journal.  I talk to him all the time.  I bought a bracelet which I had engraved with his name and a special message for him. Not an hour goes by when I don't think of him. I miss him so much.

You are in my thoughts.  I hope you find as much comfort from this forum as I have.
Quote 0 0