ez Show full post »
ksfrick
EZ - I am grateful you were able to maintain your sobriety and that my words were helpful.  Thank you for keeping both Bubba and me in your heart.  I will do the same for you and Batli.

I think you are looking at her death a little backwards.  The love you had for Batli is so evident in the pain you have expressed.  How much more could any of us want for our lives than to be loved that much?  Her life with you must have been wonderful.  You stayed with her on her last night and cats typically go off alone to die.  Batli didn't.  She wanted to be with you when she passed - she made that choice because of the love you two had.

When we let people and animals into our hearts fully, one of us has a lifetime of being loved completely and unconditionally.  One of us has to go on without the other and I am glad it was me who has to go on without Bubba rather than the other way around.  I am also glad I had such a special bond with Bubba - it wouldn't hurt so much if it wasn't something extra special.

I know I told you I believe Batli is still with you and Bubba is still with me.  We have a cabin that is my favorite place and was Bubba's also.  When he was a youngster, he would race around the cabin 3 times at top speed in happiness when we would arrive.  We went there over the weekend (so hard - first time without my boy).  We were almost to the cabin when we saw a boxer - tongue hanging out and smiling that boxer smile standing in a yard.  I think Bubba sent that boxer to greet us and tell us he is happy.

Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
ez, I understand the pain you are feeling all too well. The hole in your heart and the weight on your chest is so unbearable. To know your baby girl is no longer with you is a terrible thing that you have to get used to and you don't want to accept it. I know all these feelings and I am sorry to tell you that you will never get over it. Grief doesn't go away, but somehow we learn to live with it. The shock of them not being present is disturbing at first but as the days go by you get used to the reality. It is so sad that our babies lives are so short, so no matter what we do as long as we choose to open our hearts to fur babies we will continue to suffer the pain of their loss. But think of all the joy she brought you, all the amazing memories you shared. I'm sure you would not trade them for anything in this world. As hard as we grieve, that's how hard we loved them and continue to love them. It's the price we pay for loving them so much. The pictures you posted of your baby are wonderful, thank you for sharing them. Continue to write about her and you will see that although the pain does not go away it will become a little bit easier with each passing day.
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
MAlcindor wrote:
ez, I understand the pain you are feeling all too well. The hole in your heart and the weight on your chest is so unbearable. To know your baby girl is no longer with you is a terrible thing that you have to get used to and you don't want to accept it. I know all these feelings and I am sorry to tell you that you will never get over it. Grief doesn't go away, but somehow we learn to live with it. The shock of them not being present is disturbing at first but as the days go by you get used to the reality. It is so sad that our babies lives are so short, so no matter what we do as long as we choose to open our hearts to fur babies we will continue to suffer the pain of their loss. But think of all the joy she brought you, all the amazing memories you shared. I'm sure you would not trade them for anything in this world. As hard as we grieve, that's how hard we loved them and continue to love them. It's the price we pay for loving them so much. The pictures you posted of your baby are wonderful, thank you for sharing them. Continue to write about her and you will see that although the pain does not go away it will become a little bit easier with each passing day.

I agree with MAlcindor.
It is something we will never ever get over but we do have to learn to live with it.  When I get sad and the last day of Boo's life enters my mind, I try to remember something happy, something he did to make me laugh.  He made me laugh everyday.  It isn't easy, no doubt about that.  And it is a shock still sometimes when I realize Boo is not here.  Even after 3 months, it's still shocking sometimes.  But is is, like Malcindor said, the price we pay for loving them so much.  And that we did, we loved them so so much. 
Please take care of yourself and continue to visit the forum.  

Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
ez
Ginger4256 wrote:

I agree with MAlcindor.
It is something we will never ever get over but we do have to learn to live with it.  When I get sad and the last day of Boo's life enters my mind, I try to remember something happy, something he did to make me laugh.  He made me laugh everyday.  It isn't easy, no doubt about that.  And it is a shock still sometimes when I realize Boo is not here.  Even after 3 months, it's still shocking sometimes.  But is is, like Malcindor said, the price we pay for loving them so much.  And that we did, we loved them so so much. 
Please take care of yourself and continue to visit the forum.  

Quote 0 0
ez
Thank you so much for your kindness and caring It made a difference
Quote 0 0