rachbu Show full post »
Sallyhunt
danzey wrote:
Rachel...........   ....I was thinking maybe leave the radio (a talk station) or the TV on for Moe Moe  so he can hear a human voice, also if you have an answering machine call and talk to him throughout the day.danzey
Quote 0 0
Sallyhunt
Hi Rachel, how are you? I've thought about you so much. It's a hard time to grieve when everyone is in such high spirits with Xmas day tomorrow. It's 3 weeks since we lost Louie and Cuddles and I'm still devastated. Some days I can manage a few hours without tears but sometimes, like yesterday and today, I only manage minutes. Dot has taken it so hard. I took your advice and took her to the vets. She has sedatives to take which she starts before we go away on 27th Dec. But it's been terrible leaving her on her own, she misses Louie so much. She just howls. The vet told me that when I get home to ignore her and let her calm down on her own then when I'm ready to invite her to me for a stroke. It's hard not to comfort her straight away, but I think it's working - slowly. I've registered on a dog re homing site. I'd just like a golden oldie to keep Dot company. I hope Louie doesn't think I'm replacing him.

Oh dear, it's such a sad time, magnified by all the Christmas fun going on around me. I look at people and wonder if they have as much pain in their heart as I do. I envy them. I went outside this morning with my coffee and looked to the sky and there was a cloud in the shape of a heart. I said 'hi Louie, is that from you?' Silly I know. I just look for signs that he's near me. He still hasn't come to me in my dreams. I'm waiting.

So, my friend, who gave me so much comfort and support, I hope you are coping and that Moe Moe is giving you lots of comfort.

I wish you a peaceful Xmas. With love Sally and Dottie xx
Quote 0 0
Evie1456
Hi, Rachel. I'm just checking in on you and MoeMoe. I hope the last couple of days haven been completely awful. I found them incredibly difficult with a few moments of beauty that came through. I've had a couple off sunrises with Riley. She has a beautiful view. I've been thinking about you. Hopefully it's been as unseasonably warm in Chicago as it has been in Maine. How's MoeMoe? How are you?

Hugs from Maine
Evelyn (Riley's momma)
Quote 0 0
rachbu
So, Moe Moe had his echocardiogram, and it turned out that the heart defect is congenital, NOT cardiomyopathy.  He saw the best veterinary cardiologist in Chicago, who determined that the muscle malformation has been that way since birth.  He needs no dietary restrictions, no medications, and will live a long, full, happy, healthy life...

But the real reason why I'm posting tonight is for all of you who may read this and truly hear me when I tell you this:

Sometimes, when you don't think you can possibly smile again so soon, the universe drops an angel in your arms and you can't help but smile back.

Yesterday, the universe gave me Leo, a one-year-old (ish), orange, Maine Coon, who had been dumped and abandoned outside TWICE in his short, little life.  I didn't know if I was ready.  I was really just looking at Pet Finder, and didn't really expect this to happen so soon, but I submitted an application, and someone else wanted him too, but I applied first.

Now, tell me, if this was dropped in your lap, wouldn't you smile back?

My point is that you ALL--each and every one of you--have SO MUCH LOVE TO GIVE, and in memory of your precious, beloved babies, you should open your heart to giving it.  There are babies out there who have never had a mommy or daddy before, and when I pressed his little forehead against mine, and told him, "you have a mommy now," this was the look on his face:

WP_20160104_15_46_34_Pro-small.jpg
Rachel (Cuddles's mommy)
Quote 0 0
danzey
Rachel...........   ....This is the best post I've read here in a long, long time.  Thank you so much for posting.  How could a kitty be dumped once let alone twice.  And then such great news about Moe Moe!!!!!!  If this isn't a sure sign from your cuddle buddy then I don't know what could be.  I'm so happy and excited for you.................danzey

p.s My two (now angel) twins Molly and Ashley looked very much like Leo
Quote 0 0
camunki
Rachel, awesome pic of that kitty Leo, i am so happy for you and glad to hear you are smiling. And yes, Leo will never ever replace Cuddles, but you can give life to Leo like he has never had love before, and I am sure Cuddles is happy as can be knowing him Mum can love another precious soul.

Glad Moe Moe is doing good too!!!

Happy for your new addition/ Leo!!!

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
Sallyhunt
This is lovely news Rachel. I'm so happy you have Moe Moe fit and well and also a precious new baby to love. I am also opening my heart and hoping to re home a golden oldie to keep Dot company. It's been a roller coaster ride for us both and I'm still grieving greatly but they they the more you loved your pet, the more you mourn it. That's so true. Good luck to you, Moe Moe and Leo. May you all have long, happy lives together. Hugs xx
Quote 0 0
rachbu
Sally, I want to hear about YOU! PM or email if you don't want to post!

Same to all others who have or may comment! Just because I'm not posting here doesnt mean I'm not still there for you as friends! If you need a shoulder, don't hesitate to ask!
Rachel (Cuddles's mommy)
Quote 0 0