Lisarb
I just backed over my son’s beautiful sweet cat WHILE MY SON WAS IN THE CAR with me. He was a dear cat- the very sweetest I’ve ever had and I’ve loved many, but he was white and deaf. In the five minutes it took to open the garage door and pump up a couple footballs the cat must have walked under the car and laid down. It’s really hot and he must have closed his eyes and gone to sleep- he does that but I never realized he couldn’t sense the car starting up. I heard something and thought I had a tire problem- I jumped out to look and there he was. Thank God my 14 year old son with his ear buds in listening to music didn’t know what happened and thank God he was absolutely dead and not just severely injured. I quickly moved him to the side of the house without my son knowing and drove my son to football practice. This happened 6 hours ago and my husband knows the whole story, completely forgives me and buried our boy. Some (many) would laugh at the ridiculousness of this story, but I am literally in agony. I’m trying to go about the day normally since we decided not to tell the kids until my 12 year old comes home later. We also decided to say that it happened on the street by an anonymous driver who didn’t ever see the cat to spare them from thinking a horrible neighbor hit and ran. I know I must live a sheltered, blessed life because this may be the single worst thing I’ve ever experienced. I’ve been thru many many pet deaths, every one horrible in their own way... but this???? I am at a loss.... usually a strong woman, but currently destroyed.... I know I actually have friends who would laugh at this- and others who would shrug it off, but I feel like I just murdered a member of my family and I am not OK right now. I can’t think of anyone to call who could keep this horrible secret and/or care enough to provide support. Thank God for my husband, but honestly he is wrecked also and poor thing has to work a shift now. I think you compassionate souls will understand. Would appreciate any comfort, thank you
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Oh my dear Lisarb, what a terrible tragedy to happen to you and to your sweet cat. The sad fact is that accidents do happen and this was an accident. Your cat most likely died instantly and I agree that it would have been so awful if he had been terribly hurt. He is at peace now and I think the story you plan to tell your son is the best idea. It's hard enough for us as adults to understand these things and why they happen but a 12 year old would have such a difficult time and you need to put his needs first now. I'm sorry for your pain and I am sending my deepest condolences to you and to your family.
All the best, Sam
Quote 0 0
Lisarb
Thank you for Taking the time to respond, Sam. You are a very kind soul. I imagine you must have suffered a loss recently for you to be on this formum and I hope you are doing well yourself. Thank you again very very much.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Lisarb, I am so sorry for your loss and what you're going through. I'm sorry you have friends that would be so insensitive, animals are definitely a part of the family. What happened was an accident, and I wish you only comfort in the following days❤
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I am so sorry for the terrible accident. I wish you and your family comfort.
Quote 0 0
camunki
Lisarb, i am soooo sorry about this tragic accident. Was your cats name Lisarb? or what is his name?

Again, this was an accident, and for any person to shrug this off or laugh (as in some of your friends) that is just very cold hearted, and they must not own pets or they would not feel this way. Again, you did not plan this and in time you need to forgive yourself and not go into the guilt thinking. I am glad that you were able to have your cat and being deaf, you must have been a good mom, knowing he was deaf. As for your sons, I hope they are doing ok with the news, and being so young (your sons) they may have a hard time taking this all in.

Please know you are not alone, whether we lose our beloved babies to tragic accidents, old age, or illnesses, we are all here for the same purpose, to support eachother and know just how much we love our lil' babies, they are family.

Please keep posting and know my heart goes out to you at this difficult time.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Lisarb
Thank you to all you sensitive, sweet souls. Your words mean so much and I certainly feel much less alone. Grateful
Quote 0 0