nfjchester Show full post »
Ranissa
I chose to have Bella cremated as well. I plan to put a small amount of ashes in a necklace so a small part of her will always be with me. The rest is going into an urn and I'm going to place her favorite toy and a photo behind it and put her next to my brother and great grandmothers ashes. I'm very anxious to get her ashes back because I know that will make this whole experience seem more real to me. I am very sorry for your loss of Chester. I think I understand what you mean about freezing him to keep forever. All I want to do is be able to look at Bella's shiny coat and pet her again. For me the process of cremation is freaking me out. I keep imagining it happening and thinking that I can't believe I'm doing that to my baby. But I can't stand the idea of her rotting in the cold hard ground either. I'm sorry if I'm being morbid.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
When my husband was cremated I was given a plastic urn from the funeral director which measured about 12" by 8-9". He wasn't a huge man but was about 5foot 10. So the ashes you get back are nothing like the size of the person.
But I know what you feel. The ashes seem to be nothing like the one you have loved, they haven't the same substance, the same Soul. They are just ash. And it feels awful in some way that they are just suddenly dust.

I buried my Misty in the earth because she loved the earth, and loved to be outside in all weather, and was scared of fire. She liked digging mole holes up. The smell of it reminds me of her. When I go to plant new flowers on her grave or move weeds, I smell that earth and it reminds me of her.
I didn't used to care whether I was cremated or not, but now because of a dream I had that she and I were happy, running on a country lane in the night, by a little village church....and then she led me to the church-yard, I have decided that I am going to be buried there, and have made arrangements.

I have a little of her fur in a necklace I wear, and some more in a tiny pot. And I want to be buried with those. I would also like to be buried with her yellow frisbee. I'd like to greet her in the spirit world holding her frisbee! 
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Brettmcghee
A respectful ocean ash scattering can be done with all or a small portion of ashes. It's a great way to spread them around the world to start anew. After a ocean scattering the sun will never set on your loved. I highly recommend http://www.oceanashes.com. 
brett mcghee
Quote 0 0
giselamv82
I've cremated all 4 of my dogs. And yes it's less than having the actual body but it helps in healing. I see their boxes and I have my entire funeral planned out lol. I want to be cremated and have their ashes mixed with mine then scattered out to the 4 corners of the earth in places I have always wanted to go.
Quote 0 0
cakes488
Well most of our bodies are water so you shouldn't really be getting much back.  I've had ferrets cremated and gerbils/hamsters so talk about small ashes.  My crematory puts it in a very nice wood receptacle that you can put a photo in.  My vet also takes a paw print of the beloved and I really like that.  

I will choose cremation every time.  First off I don't own a home so no yard..but even if I did I would feel I could never move then.  Cremation is the only answer for me.  

Quote 0 0