Bkuz
My husband and I lost our beloved pug, Maximus, on Monday, November 25th.  As you can imagine, this has been the most difficult 36 hours of our lives since our sweet boy was a daily part of our life for nearly 17 years.  We knew this was coming but had no idea how much it would hurt.  

I have been lost, broken, and unsure of how to cope with this loss--until I came to this site.  I continue to read the stories of loss, heartache and unsurpassed love of pets and am comforted at the responses.  I have never seen such a collection of support among human beings for their beloved pets and each other and feel an overwhelming sense of assurance and comfort.  

I am certain I will open up more about my loss, but I want everyone here to know how much your kind words to each other and sharing the stories of your amazing pets is helping me to cope with this devastating point in in my life.  

To my baby boy:  I love you, Max, and will miss you terribly.  I will think of you everyday and try very hard to replace the recent memory of your loss with the happiest memories of how you changed our lives forever.  Be well, my love...
B Kuzenski
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Bkuz:

I want to extend my sincerest sympathies on the recent loss of your beautiful Pug - Max. We're glad that you decided to join us in this Forum where everyone is experiencing the exact same thing. It's a seemingly insurmountable uphill battle with grief, yet this Forum has been a much needed source of respite for me. It has really been a comfort to know that the uphill battle that I deal with everyday is manageable. There is light at the end of the tunnel - although it sure doesn't feel like it now. There are a lot of wonderful. caring pet people here who will support you. I hope that you find some measure of peace as you begin your grieving journey. You are not alone. 

Sending Tranquil Thoughts and Prayers your way,

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Bkuz
Thank you so much for the comforting welcome to the community and your support. I was afraid of the journey ahead but now know that I am not alone and have others like you to guide me. Your words mean so much...
B Kuzenski
Quote 0 0