julieandfurbabies
HI there. Iv been surfing the net and found these paragraphs written by different people who have lost there pets. I thought I would share these with you and hope that after reading them you feel a little better. I found some of there words comforting, I hope you do to.  I am thinking of you all
Love and hugs
Julie x  
DEALING WITH PET LOSS
Pets are not just animals that loiter around your home they also play a vital role in your family and in your life. That is why losing a pet really brings a lot of pain to those they left behind. Coping with pet loss is something that is really hard to do, but to cope with the pain that we are experiencing we should try to really understand the real situation. First of all when coping with pet loss, we should acknowledge that our pets are not just animals as we see them. We should see them as who they are, not just as their body coverings. What I’m pointing here is that our pets also have souls, just like you, you are spiritual being you are not just your body or your mind. You are an individual spark of life, and so is your pet. We just differ in bodily coverings we are both spiritual in identity and quality. We don’t need to mourn with the loss of our pets, they are not dead they just leave their body in which temporarily encases them. We don’t need to worry much about them when they leave their body, God will take care of them and most important is that God loves them like we love them. We don’t need to worry much about them they are well taken care of. And some day we will meet them again in a place where there is no suffering and disease, where there is ample of sunlight and fresh air and plenty of fruits and foods for every one. But as of know we must move on and live our lives, they may not be here physically with us but they will live forever in our memories and we will never forget them and the way they touch our lives.

Coping with Pet Loss
Letting go of some one who had been a part of your life is really hard. Coping with pet loss is something that most of pet lovers are really having a hard time, but we don’t need to dwell in it forever it will also pass and the sweet memories of our beloved pet will never be bitter anymore, and it will continue to inspire us in our life.
In coping with pet loss there are things that we need to remember, first we should acknowledge our hurt and the way we feel about the situation. Acknowledging what we feel is the fist step to healing our wounds. We must remember that there is always a light at the end of a dark tunnel, depression is part of the stages of grieving and it will come and go. The feeling of grief that you are feeling at the moment will also end and the sweet memories of your beloved pet will serve as an inspiration and as a light at the end of the tunnel.

If by chance we feel in rage, guilt, or angered towards our self or other people involved in the loss of our beloved pet. Then forgiveness is our next step in coping with pet loss. If we feel angered, guilty or in rage towards our self for our loss we must know that we cannot always carry our baggage on our back we must find a way to speak it out and let it go, your pet loves you and will always forgive you and they are not happy to see you living the way you are now, they always want to see you happy.
Acceptance of the loss is something that is arduous in the part of a pet owner but it will come as you learn to forgive yourself and let go of your baggage. Acceptance also comes with action; your action reflects your consciousness if you already accept the parting of your pet with you it will feel lighter on your part and you know that your pet will also be happy.

Letting go of our pet when we know that they are well taken care of the most loving person in the whole creation is the best thing that will provide us comfort at times that we miss them most. We must also be thankful to and for our pet for touching our lives. For teaching us valuable lessons in life and for making the time that we spent with them worthwhile

Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
AlwaysKikisMomma

Thanks Julie.

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies."
- Gene Hill

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."
- Louis Sabin

"When the Man waked up he said,
'What is Wild Dog doing here?'
And the Woman said,
'His name is not Wild Dog any more,
but the First Friend,
because he will be our friend
for always and always and always.'"
- Rudyard Kipling
Quote 0 0
donnalee

Thank you for taking the time to look this up and sharing with us, Julie.  Those are the kind of thoughts we need to remember.

Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies

bump

Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
KaDunn
Julie-
Thank you. My baby girl shelby was more than just a "pet" to me. She always acted like she was a person. I honestly believe she thought she was. To me she always was a person in an animals body.  I honestly know she is in a better place now. I had a vision of her running around in a green grass meadow. Then the other day I was getting into bed and noticed a small blade of green grass right where I sleep. I know she is there in the green grass meadows beyond the rainbow.
Kim
"Shelby's mommy"
Quote 0 0
Pegoyd01
Thank you Julie xx

KaDunn - thats really lovely :) xx
I miss you Lloyd so so much, I look forward to seeing you again one day at Rainbow Bridge.....you are ALWAYS and FOREVER in my heart my special boy xxxx
Quote 0 0
Dixieinmyheart
Thank you for bumping this. I'm trying to get to the acceptance stage, some days are better than others..I think I am slowly getting there..

Blessed Be!
Julia
"Dixie-Kitty's Mommy"
please visit Dixie at http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DIXIE073/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
heartsick
It takes a very long time to get to the acceptance stage. It can even take a year. Be kind to yourself. We are all on the same grief roller coaster.
Quote 0 0
noey11
Hello-
And Thank-You for posting/ bumping this. This was nice to read as I just lost 2 of my dogs in 2 weeks and I am no where near any stage but the guilt stage.
I had to put my 12 year old black lab down due to cancer on 6/13 and on 6/24 i just found my yellow lab not breathing- he went outside and when I went to call him in I found him by the door not breathing......
I am struggling with loosing both of them, it is so very hard and I feel like its all my fault!!
Thanks
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
Just bumping this up xxx
Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
emptyoystershell
I cried. This really means a lot to me.
r.i.p. Chivs <l3
Quote 0 0