Forum

Author   Comment  
angiet7

Reply with quote  #1 
Day 3 today and not feeling as bad as yesterday , have been able to smile when talking and thinking of her , and i know that we did do the right thing , i couldent have left my little girl to suffer , i am sure she would have fought for a few more days , but keeping her till she passed away herself would only have been something that would have helped me and not her , yes its hard to make that decision but for all the years that she gave her love to me , it was the best for my little girl , no more struggles , no more feeling unwell and being sick , she is at rest now , and yes we will meet again xx

Attached Images
jpeg 20551_330827608481_671538481_3534058_1073073_s.jpg (4.50 KB, 9 views)
jpeg 27024_381362624188_541864188_3489113_3422387_n.jpg (16.06 KB, 8 views)
jpeg 27024_381362629188_541864188_3489114_2806758_n.jpg (17.32 KB, 10 views)
jpeg Picture_001.jpg (62.11 KB, 10 views)

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh, Angie ~

She's so beautiful!  Thank you for sharing those darling pictures.  I wish you continued healing in the coming days and weeks, and many more smiles ahead.

I'm sending virtual hugs your way today.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
angiet7

Reply with quote  #3 
Day 6 i was able to tend to Mikas resting place today and put her some daffodils on top , each day is getting better , and it only really sunk in the other day how ill my baby had been , she was so brave and strong , because she had been poorly for over a year it was something that had become part of everyday life , I helped her with all her needs gave her insulin mixed her speacial food that she could digest cleaned up her wees from the house , made her comfy at night helped her when she whinned to go out which could be every 3 hours , waited for her to sleep before me ,woke when she woke and so on and all this i did without thinking because she needed me , but its only since she has gone that i have noticed that my other two dogs are calm and peaceful , they are playing and having fun , its hard to explain but i really dident notice how much mika needed caring for because i loved her so much , but i now know she must have been so tired with it all .so i know we did the right thing and she is finally at peace x
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Angie,

When the time comes to let our special needs furs go ahead of us, we are left with so many times every day when we are reminded of them:  Medicine time; walkies time; feeding schedules, etc.  Although T.J. only required special needs treatment for a relatively short time, I was more than happy to do whatever he needed.  I would have gone on doing it all forever if it meant he could have stayed with us.  Now that he has gone, I find comfort in knowing that he no longer requires those things, and that he soars free, the purest of love energy for eternity.

I'm so glad to hear that you are at peace with your decision, and that you don't doubt it any longer.  That is one huge step on the path to healing.  Mika must be speaking directly to your heart for you to have found that healing place in only a few days.  What a blessing for you!

xoxoxo

To Those I Love

If I should ever leave you,
Whom I love
To go along the silent way. . .
Grieve not.
Nor speak of me with tears.
But laugh and talk of me
As if I were beside you there.

(I'd come. . .I'd come,
Could I but find a way!
But would not tears and
And grief be barriers?)

And when you hear a song
Or see a bird I loved,
Please do not let the thought of me
Be sad. . .for I am loving you
Just as I always have. . .

You were so good to me!
There are so many things
I wanted still to do. . .
So many things I wanted to say
to you. . . Remember that
I did not fear. . . It was
Just leaving you
That was so hard to face.

We cannot see beyond. . .
But this I know:
I loved you so. . .
'twas heaven here with you

by Isla Paschal Richardson.

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
angiet7

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you for those lovely words , my blessings to all those that have passed over and strength to those that miss their fur babies , I know we will see them again x
angiet7

Reply with quote  #6 
It was a week yesterday that Mika left my side , i find it hard to sleep at night without her with me but i always say goodnight and goodmorning to her , sleep well my beautiful precious little girl xx
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #7 
Yesterday was four weeks for me without T.J.  I am still sleeping with a little stuffed kitty that I bought a few years ago because it reminded me of him.  As John Lennon said, "Whatever gets you through the night," right?

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

Tricia

Reply with quote  #8 
Dear Angie,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Mika. She is beautiful! I pray that you will find peace and comfort in the days ahead, and your tears will turn to smiles as the beautiful memories of your Mika will live in your heart and her spirit will surround you with her love.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

Tricia

Attached Images
jpeg Burtonangel.jpg (41.26 KB, 2 views)
jpeg OZZIEANGEL.jpg (36.49 KB, 2 views)

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet

angiet7

Reply with quote  #9 
missed Mika very much today , the sun was shinning and i was in the garden , she was always by myside when i gardened helping me dig and picking up little pieces of wood , that was her way of helping , but today in the beautiful sunshine my baby wasent there by my side ,, I miss her little face and funny little ways so much today ,, Mika Moo Mama misses you xxx
dtyp

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Angie,
I'm very sorry about Mika.  What a gorgeous puppy she is.  I know what you mean about sunny days being hard.  On Nelson's last morning we had a glorious spring day and I remember it so clearly, our shadows as we walked slowly across the lawn with our backs to the sun.  He really loved being outside on days like that.  Today we had a similar day and it was really hard.  I just kept thinking that Nelson would have loved it and was wondering if where he is there are sunny days like that where he can walk in the grass and watch the birds and bugs.  It was a very hard one for me.

I hope you are doing okay this evening.  I'm thinking about you and wishing you peace.

Danielle
abbies_daddy22

Reply with quote  #11 
I was just looking at a MyFamily.com site I manage, and noted a post I hadn't seen before where a cousin (distant) was trying to comfort me from back almost 2 years ago when my 12 year old Scottish Terrier Abbie had passed away suddenly, but not totally unexpectedly...  And I just had to follow the links she left to a Rainbow Bridge site which led me here...  I know a lot of folks are here with fresh wounds from recent losses, and be assured, as in all losses in life, it gets better with time, but it takes a LONG time sometimes, and in some way these little guys never leave us or our hearts totally free of the grief and scars.  I still recall my Esky passing even 20 years back...but no longer is it a tear-jerker thinking of her in the last days...  Abbie was fresher, and I still bawled my eyes out today, even though she died in June 2008...  I have a new little Scottie today, and she's wonderful, and is replacing the love cavity in my heart where Abbie's love once held sway, but Abbie will always be there, as will her little brother Angus who was also my boy ...  I think we all just need to concentrate on how lucky we are to have them at all in our lives and how much they bring to us in terms of joy and unconditional love, and we must know these critters have relatively short lives...so we must enjoy them even more for their every day antics, and for those times they patiently await our returns...  I am so sorry for some of the things I did instead of rushing home to see my guys every day, but at the time, other things in life needed to be done...  Abbie, I know you'll be there at that Rainbow Bridge, even if that's years away...just be nice to Andee (my current girl) as she'll probably have crossed over by then too...and maybe even a few more generations of Scotties as I'm HOOKED on these little black devils ;~}.

Love to all...and "This Too Shall Pass"...please remember that everyone, and let's keep on keeping on.  Go rescue a new puppy!  That's what I did!!!

DLC

Attached Images
jpeg Abbie-in-action604.jpg (469.96 KB, 6 views)

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #12 
So true, Abbie's Daddy!  We never really "get over" our losses, but we learn to bear them a little better as time passes, and the smiles of gratitude for having known them replace the tears from having said goodbye (for the most part).  The ones we have loved and lost remain firmly snuggled in the parts of our hearts that were theirs from the beginning.  Our hearts grow to make room for the new ones.

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.