Krum
This morning my worst nightmare happened, my yorkie that was my loyal companion for 12 years succumbed to congestive heart failure. I miss him so much, he has been with me since I was 18 years old. I am now feeling guilt for a lot of the things that I didn't feel I did for him. He lives a great life He was my best friend I love him so much. We went everywhere together on so many adventures throughout both our lives. as he got older and his heart got worse he couldn't walk as much he was constantly coughing but mentally he was still a pup he wanted to run and play and go on trails and physically his body just couldn't do those things anymore and it killed me. I feel like I have a peace of my soul missing. I miss my best friend and have learned it's better to reach out to others going through similar events.
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Krum, I so sorry for your loss of your little Yorkie. I believe every one of us here always feels a little guilty after our dear friends pass. We always wish we had done more, that is a normal reaction when we lose someone we loved so dearly. So many times we don't fully realize how deeply we loved them until they are gone, but they knew. Your Yorkie knows how much you cared, how much you loved him and he will always be by your side in spirit and soul. I lost both of my dogs this year to CHF. There is no cure and veterinarians really don't know why this disease occurs. This is a long journey you are on, there are no do's or dont's, we all grieve as we must. The first few months are so difficult, the missing routines, the emptiness in the house, the waves of tears. We just have to take it one hour, one day at a time. Concentrate on the good memories when possible, this forum is a wonderful place to share your story. There are so many people here that know exactly what you are going through and can help you on this path. Blessings and prayers for you.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Aaron76
Sorry for your loss Krum, I lost my boy on Saturday and I to feel guilty, maybe I could’ve done more but I know everything we could do we did. Just know that your beloved Yorki knew you loved him.
Quote 0 0
carmens_mom
I am so sorry about your loss of your Yorkie.  I felt so many of the same things you felt when my Gigi developed a heart murmur and then CHF - did I do enough, what if I did this, should I have done that,,,, But we all do the best we possibly can because we love them so much.  And at some point, it's out of our control.  If you have any pictures of your Yorkie, we would all enjoy seeing them  and hearing about his wonderful life.  My deepest sympathies.
My warmest regards,  Carmen's and Gigi's mom - alicia
Quote 0 0
Radarsmom
Krum, I'm so sorry for your loss!  It truly is a terrible feeling.

It's one month ago today I sent my dog Radar to the Bridge.  I still feel guilty...guilty I didn't try harder to save him.   It is true that all of us here feel some guilt about our animal's passings.  There's always something in hindside that we'd wished we'd done differently. 

Remember that the life you shared together is what's important, and it's a precious gift.  So many animals live their lives without knowing love.  Your Yorkie knew you loved him, and though you couldn't help his medical problem, he was glad to have you helping him through it all.  You did the best you could for him.  That's all any human can do.

My prayers are with  you.
Connie C
Quote 0 0
Pawsitively_Heartbroken
Krum, you are absolutely not alone. Grief is real, and that's okay. But let go of the guilt. At least that's what I'm trying to learn. My sweet Kota died of DCM with CHF. She was only 7. The happiest and most loving 7 year old Lab you could image! She was diagnosed in August this year and lost her battle on 12/16/17. During the onslaught of emotions I experience each day, the guilt kills me the most. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in the what ifs. Then I realize how upset Kota would be with me! She would bring me her favorite toy and then literally tackle me with hugs and wiggly kisses. They always know how to make things better.

I wish I could tell you these terrible feelings will subside. But I am hopeful they do. Because it's not your fault! You fought for your sweet boy and I fought for my Kota. And we lost. Unfortunately that's one of the hardest parts of letting them into our homes and our hearts. They want to stay with us forever, but they must continue on their journeys, and now so must we.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and my heart is truly with you.
Quote 0 0
Preshadore
Hi Krum..I am so sorry for the loss of your yorkie. I lost my Yorkie Precious 5 weeks ago due to Congestive heart failure.You are right about still being a puppy on the inside, but the heart is weak and can't keep up anymore. I took her everywhere with me too(they are very portable) I miss her so much...Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Quote 0 0
dezell
I am so sorry for all of your grief. I too have
a yorkie that is 8 years old that 3 years ago was diagnosed with CHF. She was a toy yorkie so pretty small in size. She was our baby...... She actually went missing 3 days ago in our woods by our house and has not returned. She was starting to show struggles before she went missing with her belly getting big and coughing a lot. I want to believe that she is out there but am so afraid that she gave up the fight. We have searched for her endlessly and nothing. I don't want her to be alone and want her to come home :(
Quote 0 0
Preshadore
I am so very sorry, I have tears in my eyes as I right this, I hope your yorkie is found.I will say lots of prayers for her..congestive heart failure is hard and the cough tells us it's getting worse..so sorry.sending positive thoughts your way!!
Quote 0 0
dezell
Thank you so much! We miss her and are praying hard for her. Just feel lost right now. I am so glad I found this site. So many positive people and give me a chance to talk about it with people who know. Thank you
Quote 0 0