RobH Show full post »
MonkeysMama
Hey you guys, just wanted to check in with all of you and you especially Rob. Just wanting to let you know I'm thinking of you and Jack and Alex all the time.

I hope things are still going well.

I've been loving it and also having a pretty hard time lately. I've been thinking a lot that this was too soon, that we shouldn't have gotten her or mostly just wishing that she was Monkey.

I've been missing him a lot lately, it feels harder than it used to and harder than it should be with a new sweet beautiful crazy pup running around.

I'm so so so happy to hear how things are going with you and Alex, it makes me so happy for you.

I hope today was a good day.

Sincerely,
Angelena
Monkey
April 1st, 2011 - June 7th, 2014
Rest in peace my sweet baby boy, I can't wait to see you again.
Quote 0 0
momofanAngel4ever
Hi Rob,
First of all please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of your baby Jack.  Also, thank you for adopting another puppy in need.  You have such a big and resilient heart.  It is a big leap of courage to take that huge step and open one's heart and home to another precious baby in need. We all know that all furry kids are different just like we are and that there is no assurance that the new ones will be even remotely similar to the ones we lost.  They are all so special though.  I myself fear that the new cat may not be as loving and smart as my Angel was.  I have my deceased Angel's sister also.  They were born together and yet so different.  It was always so natural for me to love Angel with greater intensity (not more) than his sister.  Angel gave plenty of kisses, followed me around the house, when I left he'd just walk around and cry for me or just hide somewhere.  His sister is so much more independent, feisty, curious, adventurous, courageous but she doesn't kiss me and is okay for the most part with anther people.  If I am not around she will go somewhere in the house where there is somebody else and be just as happy getting love from them.  Angel never accepted anyone else.  He hated everybody else and cringed when petted by someone else.  Angel's sister is also a sweetheart and I appreciate her for who she is.  
Like others have said I think that time is the answer in your situation.  Think how many years you had to develop that special bond with Jack!  How many years you had to get to know each other and develop your very special relationship. The same will happen with Alex.  If you adopted him from a shelter (I applaud you for it ) unfortunately he has issues.  Like so many of us who have had a bad luck with relationships.  He needs time to gain trust towards you.  Once he realises that you won't hurt him or abandon him he'll come around.  I am sure of it :-)!  
He is beautiful!  I have never seen a Jack Russel with such pretty colours.  Please be encouraged and have patience with this little one.  He will eventually trust you and be so very thankful to you for rescuing him.  He will love you all the more for giving him a chance.  I am very happy for you two.  Love never dies and Jack still loves you very much.  I think that he somehow knows that you extended your hand and a heart full of love to another puppy in need and he definitely loves you even more for it.  Spend a lot of time with Alex, train him, give him healthy treats, play with him and you will have a wonderful, loving companion for many years to come :-)
Angel boy, my greatest love
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
RobH wrote:
Here is a pic of my Alex! He has bonded so closely with me and I to him! I love this little guy and realize my mistake was doubting this decision. I still think of Jack all the time and cry for him. He was my buddy and I'll never forget him. Alex is quickly becoming my best friend and he follows me everywhere and I cannot see a day without him now. I thank Jack for this because I know he arranged it. Thank you all for listening helping and comfort.

He's adorable! We need more pictures of him. I told you it would work out okay as Jack sent him to you. You are blessed to have him as your new little buddy. He'll never replace Jack, but he'll be a different best friend. He's just so darned cute! I'm really happy for you, Rob.

Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
RobH
Thank you momofanangel,and Angelena, truly Alex is a blessing to me. He has come to trust me I believe and I am sooooo protective of him. I too am sorry for your loss. Murphysmom has been a great help to me as well as others on here for my recovery. I am definitely not over Jack and Alex senses it because I breakdown and comes and licks my face and hand to let me know its OK. I catch myself calling Alex Jack sometimes and feel bad but I guess old habits are hard to break. There are so many similarities between Alex and Jack that I'd swear Alex is Jack reincarnated! However, I do know Alex is His own personality and I'm glad because Jack was so very unique. As I write, Alex is laying next to me where he always is now. Alex likes the same things as Jack except he hasn't caught on to playing fetch with a ball yet, that was Jacks favorite thing. I am so happy for Alex and have grown to love him in such a short time. I have yet to hold my memorial service for Jack but plan on it soon. I owe him that and I need that. Its so hard for me to still imagine that Jack is gone from this earth and that I still have guilt over it. If only this or only that I say to myself but it doesn't change what happened. Thank you Murphysmom I will post more pics. I took him to the dog park today and got more pics. He has His first vets appointment next Monday and I'm getting it all done so I know he is healthy and safe. I'm not taking any chances with him. Last night I was hurt by of all people my mother. I came home, she was there and Alex came out the front door and jumped in my arms and she said " no leash? Are you going to do to him like you did Jack" ? Wow! I was so upset and felt like that's what everyone thinks but I wasn't even home when he was hit. Anyways, I will post more pics of him. Thank you!
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Absolutely adorable pictures of Alex! I'm so glad Jack sent him into your life and has seen to it that your bond with Alex is already so strong as is his with you.

I know what you mean about doing everything for the new pup. I'm paranoid now about Spencer's health, safety and well-being. I was like that with Murphy after he got Addison's in 2011. You might have seen me mention that I've slept on my couch since April 2011 with Murphy lying right in front of me so I wouldn't miss a thing with his health and safety, and I haven't been back in my bed since. They're just too special to take any changes, especially when we know what it's like to lose our most precious babies.

I wish you nothing but happiness with Alex and the knowledge that Jack is watching over both of you and seeing to it that you share a wonderful life together. Again, I am so happy for you, Rob!

Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
RobH
Thank you Kathryn! I do remember you saying you slept on the couch. That's real devotion!!! I'm sure Jack is watching over me and knows I'm doing the right thing!
Quote 0 0
MonkeysMama
Rob, you and Jack and Alex pop into my head all of the time. I hope you and Alex are doing well.

Just wanted to send some love,
Angelena
Monkey
April 1st, 2011 - June 7th, 2014
Rest in peace my sweet baby boy, I can't wait to see you again.
Quote 0 0