Nikola
Hello to u all, we are all going thru the same thing in different circumstances, it's so very painful, with so many ups and downs. ....

I'm missing my sweet cat so much, Ocelot. She was 19 and she passed on ....October 12th last year. ..
She is now with her dear twin sister Mint, that's my only comfort.

I miss having cats, I'm crazy over them - but I can't bring myself to have anymore right now even tho there are many who need homes, I feel guilty, then upset again...lost without caring for sweet felines.
The dilemma is awful.
I miss Ocelot so much,we spent 24 hrs a day together. .....

It's so difficult, I long to have more - hoping it will ease the pain, as soon as I think of it I feel guilty.
I'M sponsoring at the cats protection - that's as far as I can go just now. ...
It's an awful dilemma, so lonely without her. .......
So lonely without any cats. ....
First time since I was about 4 years old I reckon....

Time is different for all some people have another straight away, I want to.
But I just can't. ...my pain for Ocelot is so raw
When her sister Mint passed on in 2010 I had Ocelot to take care of...

Thanku for listening

Take care
Niki
Quote 0 0
Evie123
So sorry Niki. When we lost our cat I felt so much sadness that I went to the cat shelter a week later and ended up bringing two home with me! I found it did help but with hindsight I should have waited a bit longer as we also had our beautiful dog Molly and I should have just concentrated on her really. I have no regrets getting them and one is still alive now but it did make life more difficult practical wise. We had to say goodbye to Molly on Saturday and my husband warned me not To go out and get another dog! I couldn't do this anyway because of commitments and the grief is so intense and raw right now that I just want to be with her. I feel for you my love, you have people who care here. Stroking a new fur baby does help to ease the pain and you grow up love them too, though you don't expect to feel the same but you will. Only you know in your heart if this is the right thing to do. Life is too short so if you feel this would make you happy then go for it. I would maybe give it a little bit of time to be sure. Hope this rambling helps a bit! X
Quote 0 0
Nikola
Thanku Evie
Yes it definitely helps, it's not rambling.
It's so good to communicate with others who feel the same.

I'm so sorry about your Molly though, sending you love and of course lots of understanding.

Time is definitely short yes. I'm wondering where did 19 years go, and so blessed to have had my girl for so long - her and her dear sister got me thru much.

Thanku for replying
Take care
Niki xx
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
So sorry about your losses Niki.  I`m feeling a lot like you at the moment, we lost our 17 year old dog Jim 10 weeks ago, and its the first time in 35 years that we`ve had no animals in our home. We started out when we were first married with 2 dogs and a cat, lost one dog age 10, but had his brother for a further 7 years. Five weeks after losing him, we got Jim from a rescue shelter - we were so lucky to have had him 17 years. We`ve also had 2 ginger cats, Rusty was knocked down and killed age only 2, then we had Ollie for 16 years.  So its so strange and quiet in our home now - we`ve no kids - and I so miss having an animal. Jim was our baby, our Once in a Lifetime dog, Iloved all our other animals so much but I can`t really explain about Jim - he just burrowed his way deep inside our heart -  and I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like I would be betraying his love for us somehow....
  Anyway, I`ve got my name down as a volunteer at the rescue where we got Jim from - as of yet I`ve not been there as apparently they`re inundated with volunteers, so I`m waiting for a phone call from them.  But I so miss having animals around the house.
                  Jackie.
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
niki, i'm so sorry to read of the loss of your sweet ocelot and wow 19 years to be together is surely a blessing from above.  i'm sure ocelot and mint are still both with you in spirit and that you will see both again.  days do get a wee bit better but there are always those triggers that can take us from an ok day to one where we just keep getting knocked over by those tsunamis of grief at our loss.  but we muddle through the fog somehow and i'm sure when ocelot and mint feel you are ready they will nudge you towards a new feline to give your love to, one who needs your love as much as you need it's.  you are in a great place though for support in this difficult time since we are all going through the same emotions.  today is one of those bad days for me after a weekend of ok days, and as much as life is a true struggle for me without my service dog roxie my heart and mind are together in the knowledge that she is not in pain but once more young, healthy and as she says "beautiful again" as I told her she would be as she listened to me say see you later sweet girl at the vet's office that horrible night after Christmas this past year.  so hon, before the tears that are falling become  waterfalls I will wish you many many hugs and love and light.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
Evie123
Jackie, you're so right that a house feels empty without your pets. We have one cat left and my dh is adamant about not having any other pets. Your idea of helping out at a rescue shelter is a good one and I hope to do the same. Luckily my family all have dogs and I get some comfort from cuddling them, but it can never be the same. I am a walking zombie at the moment, can't stay in the house because it's so sad but when I go out I get panicky because I just want to be near Molly by being at home, then the cycle starts again. I have had to take the week off work and get some meds from the doc because I'm so depressed and anxious that I can't get over this. So hard and cruel.
Quote 0 0
Evie123
Jerseynonna, I felt so sad reading your post. You sound like a very brave person and I send you huge hugs. Our babies will be laughing at us while they're playing at the bridge chasing smaller animals and enjoying the sunshine. I've heard that the food is pretty good there too. X
Quote 0 0