LexyBaby
I just lost my precious 12 year old Min Pin named Mayhem tonight. My daughter and I are devastated. He was having some breathing problems the last few weeks and was losing strength in his hind legs. We came home from a relatives house and my daughter found him on the floor. This dog was and is my best friend. He was a member of my family and has been by my side through so much. I don't know what to do or how to cope. I lost my 17 year old cat a couple of years ago and now my Mayhem. I'm just so broken hearted.
Missing my LexyBaby...xoxo
Quote 0 0
shantismom
So sorry to hear of your losing your little boy.  We all understand your heartbreak.  You loved him and gave him the best home for 12 years and now he has no pain, no problems.  In time the memories will make you smile instead of cry.
Right now I am still crying over my little boy but I know that in time I will remember him with smiles and thankfulness.
I always remember that our grief is the price we pay for the love we had.  My Shanti is worth it and so is your little boy and the kitty you lost.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
LexyBaby
Thank you. I just can't get over the fact that he isn't laying beside me right now. I don't even know how he passed or if I could have prevented it by being home. I'm beating myself up over this.
Quote 0 0
shantismom
Six years ago I went with my husband and son on a trip to Alaska.  We were gone two weeks, two days before we got home my 12 year old cat died.  I was devastated and so filled with guilt.  I felt as though if I had been home I would have noticed something sooner and saved him. I know how you feel.  I will never know what happened but I do know that he was always loved by me and that I would never have done anything on purpose to hurt him.  I feel as though our dear kittys would tell us "I loved you and I know you loved me.  You were the best Mommy I could ever want to have.  I have no pain and no problems so Mommy try not to cry."  Your baby knew just like my Snicker and my Shanti knew.
My heart goes out to you.

Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
I'm so sorry to hear about Mayhem. I too came home to see my baby was gone forever. It was an accident. This guilt will probably stick with you for a while, but know that it's not your fault. We can't control everything and we can't predict what will happen, otherwise we would have prevented this.

It has been three weeks since Lucy died and I'm still devastated, still not believing or accepting that this is my reality. The only comfort I can offer to you is to let you know you are not alone. Look for signs from Mayhem. Take care of yourself during this awful time of grieving and tell us more if it helps. Peace to you and your daughter.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
LexyBaby
Thank you so much. My daughter is devastated by all of this as am i. I'm trying to stay strong for both of us. I just feel that if I was home. This wouldn't have happened to him. I miss him so much.
Quote 0 0
Lshinn
LexyBaby wrote:
Thank you so much. My daughter is devastated by all of this as am i. I'm trying to stay strong for both of us. I just feel that if I was home. This wouldn't have happened to him. I miss him so much.
Quote 0 0
Lshinn
I lost my springer Wally yesterday at 3:15. We had the best holiday and family weekend. Suddenly he seemed despondent and started vomited. We brought him to the vet and they said his condition was grave and he was in shock. He passed naturally in my arms while I was telling him he was the best boy. I don't understand how this could happen. Nothing is ok. I keep thinking it is a bad dream and I will wake up and he'll be with me. I don't know how to cope without him.
Quote 0 0
Michellef5012
I am so sorry about Wally and mayhem. I lost my pinta 3 weeks ago and OMG this is the toughest thing I have ever gone through and both my parents died. Pinta died after eating a piece of pork, I GAVE her. She choked to death! That day I took her to petsmart and got her a new collar and leash, that night I was calling crematories. So imagine my guilt! I pray every single day I will wake up and my baby is still here. They say it gets better, but honestly even 3 weeks later, I still have the same pain. I wish I could say something to help both of you, I just don't think there are words. I am sorry!
Michelle
Quote 0 0
Lshinn
Michellef5012 wrote:
I am so sorry about Wally and mayhem. I lost my pinta 3 weeks ago and OMG this is the toughest thing I have ever gone through and both my parents died. Pinta died after eating a piece of pork, I GAVE her. She choked to death! That day I took her to petsmart and got her a new collar and leash, that night I was calling crematories. So imagine my guilt! I pray every single day I will wake up and my baby is still here. They say it gets better, but honestly even 3 weeks later, I still have the same pain. I wish I could say something to help both of you, I just don't think there are words. I am sorry!
Quote 0 0
Lshinn
Lshinn wrote:
I lost my springer Wally yesterday at 3:15. We had the best holiday and family weekend. Suddenly he seemed despondent and started vomited. We brought him to the vet and they said his condition was grave and he was in shock. He passed naturally in my arms while I was telling him he was the best boy. I don't understand how this could happen. Nothing is ok. I keep thinking it is a bad dream and I will wake up and he'll be with me. I don't know how to cope without him.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I'm so sorry for the loss of all of the babies.  It is so hard to accept.  When they go so suddenly you are at a total loss, there is no time to prepare.  I lost my baby Dali the less than 24 hours after the vet said she would be okay.  She was on meds for a respiratory infection and had a seizure and was just gone..  I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.  It has been 9 weeks and it gets harder for me, not easier.  I call her and call her like she is still here, but she doesn't come and then I break down and cry.  My heart goes out to all of us who have lost that unconditional love.  Hugs to you all

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0