Julia_Loves_McCartney
Hi all,

On July 11, it'll be exactly 4 years since my tabby cat McCartney passed away. He was not even quite 6 years old yet. He passed suddenly due to an enlarged heart. It is something he was born with. But I had no way of knowing about it because he was always the perfect picture of health. I had no clue he had this defect. No one did, until the x-ray done on the day he passed. He passed away in less than 36 hours after he first started showing signs of distress. It just came out of nowhere. Nothing could be done. I'm still shocked by it to this day, if I sit and think about it hard. I'm also very sad I couldn't be there when he passed. I was at work, over an hour away. I had no idea he would die that day, or else I would've been home. I had no idea he would even die at all! I still hadn't known about his heart and his serious condition, until it was too late to make it there on time. I can't help having that feeling of guilt. I don't know why. I need to remind myself that I had no way of knowing, and nothing could be done. My mom was the one who took him to the vet and was with him that horrible day, because I couldn't be there in time. She told him over and over that his mommy loved him. I hope somehow he knew what she meant. I'm getting tears again now. This is the worst I've cried about it in a long time. It's just so vivid in my mind and easy to relive.

McCartney was just the best. He had a beautiful coat, adorable kitten-like face, and was such a lover-boy with a sense of humor. He was so mischievous and smart! He was very loyal to me and loved to follow me around. He always had that content look on his face, softly blinking his eyes at me. I miss everything about him.

Two weeks to the day of McCartney's passing, my mom found a gray and white kitten in the middle of a dangerous intersection. She got out of her car and saved him. He surely would've been killed if not for her. She brought him home, and I decided to keep him. I named him Desmond, from the Beatles song Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da. I did it as a tribute to my McCartney, as he too had a Beatle-related name. I believe it was no accident Des was sent to me. God planned that as a way to bring me comfort. Me and my Des are very close.

Just asking for prayers right now, because I always get emotional this time of year in particular. I added my boy to the candle lighting ceremony for tomorrow (Mon. July 2). Thank you for reading. I know it was long, and some of you regulars may have seen this story from me before.

~I love you eternally, McCartney boy~

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Tankie12
💛😔💛
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
McCartneys Mommy,

I just read your story. I’m so deeply sorry you’re baby passed away 4 years ago at such a young age due to heart failure. My heart aches for you. You can tell just by reading your story how close your bond is with your baby. My baby Teddy passed away at almost 11 years old to Congestive Heart Failure. He battled it for 8 months and was On Medications he passed on his own. It will be 2 months on Wednesday and I’m devestated still. I cry like it was just yesterday. Cats & Dogs are very good at hiding illness and dealing with them as well. They do a lot better than us when it comes to illnesses. I’m so so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and you are in my thoughts and prays. Sending you big warm hugs and comfort. 💕

Hugs
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
Aww thank you so much JennyTeddy. Your words and prayers mean a lot to me. I'm so so sorry for your loss of Teddy as well. Know that you're not alone. Sending prayers.

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Aw you’re welcome & thank you 💛
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Time can only do so much, the love and also the pain seems to be eternal, we just get to a place where we can go on. The anniversary of their passing is so difficult, no matter how long it has been. Your story is very touching, the love so evident. Finding Des, a blessing, another gift from God. You have my prayers for peace and comfort through this period, thank you for sharing your story again, I wasn't here before so I appreciate reading it and know that when I light my candle this week I will remember McCartney, you and your sweet angel Des. Blessings.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
Chinadoll wrote:
Time can only do so much, the love and also the pain seems to be eternal, we just get to a place where we can go on. The anniversary of their passing is so difficult, no matter how long it has been. Your story is very touching, the love so evident. Finding Des, a blessing, another gift from God. You have my prayers for peace and comfort through this period, thank you for sharing your story again, I wasn't here before so I appreciate reading it and know that when I light my candle this week I will remember McCartney, you and your sweet angel Des. Blessings.

Thank you so much Chinadoll, those words really made me happy. Your first sentence is very true. God bless.

Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
Today is the sad, sad day. My dear sweet boy McCartney passed away exactly 4 years ago today, July 11 2014. Can't believe I have gone this long without him at my side. He was gone in less than 36 hours of showing his very first signs of distress. Hard to believe. My heart breaks over how quickly he was taken.

God is watching over him until I am with my boy again. Please say a prayer for me and my boy today. It's always a rough date every year. God bless.

Quote 0 0
MyBella
photo2.JPG

Dear Julia,

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious and so adorable McCartney, oh my goodness what a sweet face in this photo of your handsome boy.

I post these candles in honor of McCartney's four years, may you always feel the soft glow and warmth of your beautiful boy's loving spirit.
Wishing such peace and healing to your heart.

Sincerely, Don & Vera

Image result for heart candle
Quote 0 0
Sil
Julia Loves McCartney,

I am sorry for your loss of McCartney - "Grief does not have a time limit just as Love does not have an expiration date"
We will always miss them, we will always cry because their presence meant so much in our lives.  I understand, my sweet male doggie, Sol said good bye July 17, 2017 -
just in a few more days, it will be one year - the first year of many.

Again, I am sorry for the loss of your sweet McCartney.  Prayers and Hugs
Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
Thank you so so much MyBella and Sil for your kind words. And for the candles and photo of my sweet boy. God bless.

Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
Every now and then, I type up messages to McCartney and post them at his residency at Rainbow Bridge and thought I'd share what I added:

7/11/2018 - Hey McCartney! Hope you're doing ok. Today, July 11, is always a tough day. Four years ago I lost you, my sweet boy. You were my baby. My shadow. My companion. My healer. My cuddler. My playmate. My friend. You are still all of these things, and now you're also my guardian angel. You were taken young and so abruptly, and that hole will forever be in my heart until I meet you again.

Today I am wearing the charm bracelet I made in memory of you. Tonight I'm going to light a candle for you, and I've been thinking about you all day. I wish you were here in my arms right now. That's where you belong. But for now, you can be in God's arms until I get there. I love you, boy!

Many moments I spend thinking of you,
Crying and smiling again and again.
Can't believe your passing is true,
Although our friendship still will never end.
Rewinding time is something I wish,
To hold you and watch you be so clever.
No longer can I give you a real kitty kiss,
Even so, you'll always be my treasure and
Years from now, we'll be together forever.

You certainly are my treasure. I love you, my best friend and guardian angel.

Quote 0 0