Forum

Author   Comment  
Con0Sea0

Reply with quote  #1 
I cannot seem to cope with this loss very well. He was my soulmate and took me through the worst time of my life. My heart clenches when I talk of him, think of him of just remember him.   

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear Connie,

I am so sorry for your loss. My World is also completely shattered now. 4 weeks ago I felt I had to put down my best friend. My spirit animal. My son. My brother. My only remaining family (that I could trust and had not betrayed me.) Yesterday afternoon, I was at a book store, just trying to get my mind off of the endless cycling of 2nd thoughts and self-doubts regarding my final choice, and I felt that I was being driven completely mad with guilt, regret, remorse, sadness and grief. I had to steady myself against a book shelf to keep my wits about me. I am sure I have had a few nervous breakdowns.

They say that "by making the choice to end their suffering & pain, we thereby absorb their suffering & pain." I hope this is true. My heart is shattered. My World is beyond devastated. All for fully surrendering my heart to a little, noble, enchanting, loving, kind, sweet, silly and loyal creature. My short years with him 4.2 were some of the best memories of my life. I miss him so.

I guess all we can do is continue to travel through time and attempt to heal. God bless you and keep you for also surrendering your heart to you soulmate.

XO

Con0Sea0

Reply with quote  #3 
Memories of Marmalade,

I am so sorry.Your pain is so fresh and raw. You are right to distract yourself and I, too, ask God to comfort me. My Sparky visits me all the time and when I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry today, a Cardinal came outside and made sure I saw him. I went to counseling after I put my suffering boy down and she put me on antidepressants for 3 months. I feel as though it helped. Thanks for reaching out <3

Reply with quote  #4 
I'm sorry about Marmalade. I went through the second thought/self doubt also but then I think of friends who have waited too long and kept their pet around too long. I know we did the right thing by ending the suffering. I envision eternity with my dear Sparky waiting to greet me. I hope you will open your heart to a new dog or cat. They can never take Marmalade's place but someone needs you and you need them. It may sound impossible to do, open your heart again to another devastating loss. An animal needs your love and your home. They will reward you and move your focus to a positive place.
I pray to God when I struggle, to ease my pain and comfort me. It's so hard but my other pets are both rescues and so loving and grateful. You must give yourself time to grieve and it is easier with a loving pet at your side. I have learned to push my grief and sorrow down.  I tell myself, "don't go down that road, it's a dead end".
We all love our fur babies so much and with good reason. They are the only ones who never let us down and they are our family. I hope you have or will have other pets to comfort you. Thanks for responding, I needed it.

Attached Images
jpg 20130908_105348.jpg (746.78 KB, 4 views)

Aztecsmom

Reply with quote  #5 
Constance,

I am so sorry for your pain and I am right there with you. It’s been over 2 years since I lost my soulmate. I still have a hard time looking at his pictures. I still cry every single day. He was my first dog of my own. And now my other heart dog is going downhill and I’m absolutely dreading going through pain this again. My heart can’t take anymore. I will grieve for the rest of my life. 💔
Lrogers424

Reply with quote  #6 
I have learned through my own journey that grief has no time limit, but neither does love. I am not sure I will ever stop grieving for my sweet companion that sadly passed almost 1 year ago, but I will also never stop loving her. I now try to focus on her life rather than her loss.

I began to take medication after her loss too, but I decided the best "medicine" for me was a new purpose. I welcomed a new little soul into my life and caring, training and falling in love with her has given me something to get out of bed (and out of my head) for.

It is difficult to process loss, but be kind and patient with yourself. There is no time limit or right way through it. But we are all here to help you. Reach out when ever you need support and someone to listen.

Reply with quote  #7 

Hi Lori,

You wrote: I have learned through my own journey that grief has no time limit, but neither does love. 

I think that is one of the most comforting and profound statements that I have read on any of these greif support message boards.

Thank you for sharing that with all of us.

XO

James
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.