MatthewTarpley
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry I've been away so long, I was shocked when I saw this place had a brand new board and I lost my account so I made a new one. So of you might remember me, this is Matthew, and almost a year ago now (actual date is December 15) my Monty, a Seal Point Himalayan, had to be put down after a battle with kidney failure. That's him in my avatar. Anyway, I have started feeling sad, and I know it's because it's coming up on the 1 year anniversary. I am thinking about adding him to the list for the Candlelight Ceremony for Monday night; I haven't done that in a very long time. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

Quote 0 0
cyndelacyn
Hi Mathew, I'm glad you are back.  I am sorry about your furr-baby and the upcoming anniversary.  It's truly sad.  I"m also really curious how you are doing in general... have you gotten past the day-to-day intense grief? If so, when did that happen?
Quote 0 0
MatthewTarpley
Thanks, cyndelacyn. Yes, actually I have gotten past the day-to-day grief. I think it took me about two to three months, maybe? It's been so long ago that I have forgotten how long it took. And despite the wave of sadness I felt a few days ago, I was actually fine yesterday, it was strange. I think I had a peace about me yesterday. I didn't get upset at all like I thought I would. I think I have finally moved on and am at a good place where I will remember him. Otherwise, I am doing well. Still have Muffin and she is a handful as always. Wants to eat practically all day long and get her treats promptly about 7 PM or earlier, little rugrat, heh. Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it very much.
Quote 0 0