Mslinda
12/23/19, I lost my German shepherd of 13 years comet. I rescued comet in Louisiana at the age of 3 months. He was such a great guard dog and protector. He greeted me each day I came home from work with a bark of happiness. I remember each time I would take him out to use it, he would always look back to see if I was coming. I would always tell him I'm right behind you comet. This is the worst pain and I dont know how to make it stop. I really miss my dog. Everywhere I look, I see things that remind me of him. I still squeeze his squeaky toy to make it seem as if he is still there. I hope an angel came and took him to let jim know what has happened and why I'm not there with him. I hope he is ok. I miss you so much comet doggy. Rip.
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Hello Linda, so sorry about Comet. These wonderful pets should live as long as we do. I lost my boxer in October, coming up on 3 Months. I’m,still having a difficult time. It is just as bad as losing my Mom and that was many years ago. I can’t get motivated to move on, very depressed, sad, etc. the grief is bad, it’s going to take awhile we will never forget them, they’ll always be in our heart. Hugs to you. Please post a photo of Comet when you feel up to it.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
GretchenMyLove
Hi Linda, sorry for your loss - I lost my dear sweet Gretchen on Sunday 1/5/20.  She was my EVERYTHING!  I too am reminded of her as I walk around the house because her presence was so big and she was attached to so much in the home.  so many memories that constantly flow through my thoughts throughout the day - I even wake in the middle of the night of drams or thoughts of her.  it is very painful.  I fully understand what you are going through - a little help for me is to read some of the experiences of folks on this support site - it helps me to know I am not experiencing this myself.  prayers to you.
Quote 0 0
Mslinda
Thank you for your words of comfort. I'm glad I've found someone else who is or have experienced this grief. When I talk to non pet owners, I see their facial expressions, I immediately stop talking. I know they dont have a clue. This pain I feel for comet feels exactly like the pain I felt when I lost my 2 brothers in 2006 and when I lost my mom in 2007, because love is love whether it's a person or a pet. I'm trying so hard to get use to the silence and emptiness in my home. I will keep you in my prayers.Linda
Quote 0 0
DogMom86
I love German Shepherds, such loyal and regal souls. I'm so sorry for the loss of Comet. My husband and I had a German Shepherd named Olga that he got me as an anniversary present from the local humane society. Olga was young, only one and boy she had puppy energy! She chewed through the little swing my hubby owned and dug some pretty nice holes. I have funny Olga stories. Once she jumped on the counter and drank all the oil out of the Fry Daddy! I was worried we'd have to take her to the vet, but all she did was puke some and was fine. I will never figure out how she did this: My stepdaughter left candy in her bedroom and Olga unwrapped (yes, unwrapped) them and ate them! The sad thing is, Olga died at 2 years old. She had a sudden brain bleed and we had to have her euthanized. It was my first real experience of pet loss, well with a dog that was mine.

Lots of love for the loss of your beautiful GSD.
Mija, Chihuahua: 2004-2019
16 years
London, Golden Retriever: 2005-2020
15 years

Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, Kawaii and Pepita the Chihuahua

Quote 0 0
Mslinda
German shepherds are my favorite dog. I also have a couple of golden retrievers but, they are not even close to protect me like Comet. Comet was fearless of other dogs and people. This dog was so  beautiful and smart. Sometimes , I swear it sounded as if he was talking.   We were together every day for 13 years.. I come in from work and I find myself looking for him to bark and welcome me. He would be so excite to see me. When he was sick, I would leave work and come home to check on him and get him to eat.  I hope someone in heaven explained to him what has happened to him so he can rest. I can still feel his presence in my home. I know he is probably confused because I'm not there. I thought about an incident with comet when i read the stories about your dog. Comet ate a whole stick of butter in 2017. How he got up on my kitchen counter so fast I don't know. I was so scared for him because i knew it would affect his pancrease and it did. So, i immediately got some milk thistle in him and he was fine but, he gave me a scare. So, I found a breeder here in houston that have the same bloodline and color as comet was and I am thinking abut getting another boy puppy. I think that will help me with the quiet house. Well, I'm gonna go and try to eat something. God bless.
Linda
Quote 0 0