Forum

Author   Comment  
Mwende

Reply with quote  #1 
So I got bitten by a neighbour's dog today ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜ž

And then the weirdest thing happened. As I was leaving the house to go to the hospital, I found a friendly stray dog outside the gate. We instantly connected. I wish my landlord would let me have him. The poor thing was barked at furiously by by little one, and he just stood there whining.

Was this a mere coincidence? Or a message from above?
Sampson

Reply with quote  #2 
My deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved Dexter. I just read your first topic also and saw his handsome picture. I hope youโ€™re feeling a bit better but from experience I know that grief takes itโ€™s own sweet time.
Iโ€™m sorry that you were bitten and Iโ€™m also wondering about the stray dog. If your landlord wonโ€™t let you have him is there a shelter or SPCA that you can take him to? It sounds like he was reaching out to you for help. A stray has such a hard life and people are not always kind to them unfortunately. He may be lost so if you are able to get him somewhere safe his owners could come and claim him.
Wishing you peace my dear,
Sam
Mwende

Reply with quote  #3 
I spoke to KSPCA earlier today and the man I spoke to was extremely rude. I was calling to report the neighbour who lets their dog go outside off lead and without adult supervision, stray dogs and cats around here and how I can play a part in animal welfare. But we didn't get far. I think the KSPCA is very overwhelmed and the guy took it out on me. He made some comments about people calling in expecting immediate results and unwilling to accept that KSPCA can't do that much.

Thanks for your kind comments about Dexter. Today I'm sad but I'm generally able to get on with it. I took his grandson in (from my parents' rural home) because my mum said he was unwell, so I have my hands full with him.

I'm also wondering if there's some deeper reason why the stray dog entered my gated community and came straight to my house out of 100+ choices. He didn't accept the bones I gave him; he seemed to really want to enter the estate. The last time a dog came to me he was dead 24 hours later, having been hit by a car. ๐Ÿ˜ญ On the day the pup and I bonded I asked my mum if she'd replace Dexter's grandson with the puppy but Mum was in a meeting and couldn't talk. I kept picking the puppy up and putting him back down. Then he died.

I feel that loving animals is such a difficult thing. They leave us too soon and seeing them hurt is so painful.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.