Mfarnumm
We came home Friday afternoon from a happy night away to find our sweet little Coco dead in his bed. A total shock. The pet sitter was shocked, there was no hint something like this would happen. He had Cushing's disease but seemed under control. Coco was 10, a rescue. I had six dogs all rescues up until 2 years ago. They were all around the same age, so all started dying at the same time. First Artie died a year ago Nov, he was 16, then Lucy,15, that December. Roxy, age 12, collapsed one morning last May and we revived her to find she had a heart tumor, she died in August. Bugsy, my precious 12 year old, died at the vet while we were away on a long weekend. Another shock. And now Coco. We now have two other dogs, Rodney, 10, is very confused. Wally, he's new, so not as sensitive to the losses.
I'm reeling. In relentless pain. Physically weak, with a knot in my stomach. Crying makes me feel sicker, so I'm trying not to as much. I keep seeing Coco's still little body and everything feeling so wrong. My vet said he probably had some kind of heart attack or stroke. The same as Bugsy. I have to remember I had 9 wonderful, healthy years with these guys. Our little pack. All of the loss is hitting me, I can't believe they're all gone.
Quote 0 0
maddy79
I am so sorry, I can't even imagine the pain you must be feeling from loosing all your fur babies so close together. But they were lucky to have you in their lives, who knows what would have happened to them otherwise. You had some good years together, though I know it is not enough, it never is. They say we have to pay for their unconditional love, and the payment is loosing them much too soon...

Your pain is so raw right now, that nothing makes sense, but please know that we are here for you!

Maybe it would help to share photos of your pack?
Quote 0 0
Mfarnumm
Hi Maddy, thanks for your reply. I attached our Christmas card from 07. They are all gone
except for Rodney, up front with the big round head. The tiny little brown guy scrunched up in the back is Coco. I can't believe we lost them all in a year and a half. I woke up in the middle of the night because Rodney was breathing heavily and felt such a profound sadness and almost horror that this has happened.
You're right we had great years together, such a crew!
Quote 0 0
maddy79
They are so cute, one of the sweetest little packs I've seen, one more beautiful than the other! Thank you for sharing, and I am so sorry once again. I wish there was something I could do to make it better...

I am sure you already know this, but spontaneous deaths like what happened to Coco and Bugsy, occur all the time, leaving their humans shocked and in disbelief. Add to that the fact that they hide their illness really well... I also thought that a heart attack may have been the cause behind my little girl's death, so I looked it up and found an article about that, where people also shared their stories. I was so surprised to find out how often it happens and how unexpected it is. So many sad stories...
Quote 0 0