Liz
Yesterday my Coco died. It was unexpected in her sleep. I woke up and she was gone. I am devastated. She was my baby and always with me or by me. My husband and two boys are saddened by the loss, but I am completely crushed. Today all I want to do is sleep, and I feel heavy with the weight of my grief.
Quote 0 0
Graceful

Dear Liz,

I can't tell you how sorry I am about Coco's sudden death.  Of course it's understandable how crushed you are, as your experience is very traumatic.   My heart goes out to you. 

The pic you posted of Coco is absolutely beautiful, sweet, and innocent; she looks so, so lovable.

My family had a Chihuahua when I was growing up, and I loved her to pieces.   Uncanny, but her name was KoKo (KoKoMo), too, spelled with the letter "k" - so I can somewhat relate to how you feel.   Those little dogs are for those of us who really understand their psyche -- how to navigate the world being so small. 

Liz, there is lots of comfort and understanding here on the forum, and lots of support.  I am still here after many months from the loss of my kitty, Twirlie, who died of pancreatic cancer.  I hope you will find the support you need, as you have just suffered an immense loss.  I do share in your grief, and am truly sorry for your loss of Coco.   I stand with you today. 

Sending you comfort, strength, support and a prayerful heart,
Grace   xox

Liz wrote:
Yesterday my Coco died. It was unexpected in her sleep. I woke up and she was gone. I am devastated. She was my baby and always with me or by me. My husband and two boys are saddened by the loss, but I am completely crushed. Today all I want to do is sleep, and I feel heavy with the weight of my grief.

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

Quote 0 0
Ana
Hi Liz, I just wanted you to know how sorry I am that you lost your adorable little CoCo. It is such a shock to lose her so suddenly and with out warning. I am thinking of her warm and cozy with you in bed. She must have felt so loved and secure with you all snuggled up in bed with you. I wish I had something to say that would make you feel better. Many years ago I awoke to find one of my fur babies had passed on while sleeping with me. The shock of finding him that way was horribly difficult. There was no time to say good bye or to give him a last kiss.  The only thing that comforted me was that the last thing he knew was falling asleep by my side. You will be in my heart and my prayers. ~Larchana 
Larchana Behrends
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Dear Liz,

I am so, so sorry for the sudden loss of your precious girl, Coco, I can only imagine the heartbreaking pain you must feel having woken up to her being gone, such a horrific way to wake up.

Your Coco, has very similar coloring's to my little girl Bella, also a Chihuahua, all 3 lbs of her and like Coco to you, Bella was my true love, always with me.

I know how your heart is broken and you are in such pain, this is the place to come for support and understanding, we are all here for you.

Be gentle on yourself, baby steps is the most we can hope for at this time, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Sending positive healing thoughts your way.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
Liz
Thank you for all the lovely responses to my post. Your words of support will be tucked in my heart.

I read in another post about waves of grief and just trying to swim through them. It's unbelievable to me how accurate that is.
Quote 0 0
Katel
How sweet and adorable your Coco girl was and how sorry I am you lost her.  To lose her suddenly like that is truly heartbreaking and you would be still in shock.  Chihuahuas are tiny but with hearts big enough to fill our world,  as is the girl I have now, and the boy Danny I lost last year.  Coco looks happy in that photo and you can see she was much loved even though that won't bring you much comfort now but i do pray so in the future. 

As Ana says the last thing Coco knew was snuggling into the warm side of the one she loved, she would have felt so protected and at peace.

I'm so sorry that you must go through this pain and know that I am sending you prayers.

Kate
Quote 0 0