Chenillecat
Today I gave in to everyone telling me I should put up Christmas decorations. Got three boxes of stuff put up and when I opened the fourth box in it was Matski's stocking that is when I lost it and went to the bedroom sobbing.Last Christmas she was like a kitten again with her new toy. I still can't believe my precious Baby is gone I am so lonesome without her.

Matski my darling I love you
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Christmas is such a hard time to try and cope after a loss like this! It had to be so painful finding Matski's stocking today! 😔 I remember deciding not to decorate after we lost Bailey in November/15. Then my sister said that we should decorate the house more than we ever had, in his honour, so that when he looked down he would be so proud. I found his beautiful Shihtzu ornament and for a moment my heart stopped but then I decided to hang it where everyone could see it. I think you should do the same with Matski's stocking. Maybe you could even tuck a little note to her inside - I really believe she will know! I know it's so terribly painful! I am so sorry for your loss! 💛
Hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0
Chenillecat
MJ,
Thank you for your post. I was thinking about not hanging any of our stockings but now you have got me to thinking about getting one for my new kitten Wren. 
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
It makes me feel so happy to think of you getting a Christmas stocking for Wren! I'll bet it will make Matski very happy as well to see her mom doing something fun. Take Care and please post an update.
Sending hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Rosanne777

Dear Chenillecat

I have a new Kitten too!

Yet,I lost my beloved Cat
Maya this past Feb.

I am still very sad 
over losing Maya same
as your sadness over 
losing your beloved
Matski.

Well,many of us whom have
lost a beloved pet this year
will miss them a great deal
more at Christmas.

Quote 0 0
dsdboy
I'm so sorry for your loss, I also don't want to deal with decorations, I lost my Tigger on December 1, again my heart goes out to you.
Quote 0 0
BSmith1199
It sucks!  We all know it sucks!  We hung our Dax's stocking and Christmas ornament the other day and I lost it.  She has been gone nearly 3 years and it still cuts like a knife.

Know this;  It will get better.  It does get better.  Time just will not move fast enough to get there from here.  Hang in there.
Smokey (1959-1959, car), Prissy (1966-1968, car), Tina (1955-1974, old age), Rags (1976-1980, stolen), Dax (1999-2015, my choice, due to renal failure), Shelby & Jag (2015)

You only think you are training them.  When they are gone, you finally get it.
Quote 0 0