Radarsmom
It's been 6 weeks now since I sent Radar to the bridge.  My life has not been the same since.  My grief is tremendous.  It fills my days, along with heavy guilt for not trying harder to save him.  I will never forgive myself for not trying harder to save him, but I finally do accept I did the best I could at the time.  It was so sudden!  And to have Christmas morning without him, the first time in 14 years, means lots of tears.

But today for the first time I think I might have got a message from him.  Two family members have given me presents this morning.  Both of them chose to have ornaments made that contain Radar's image, smiling, from one of his favorite days at the park.  I'm choosing to believe it's his way of telling me he's OK, but oh God I miss him!

Today I'm thinking of the rest of you who have lost loved animals during this time of year.  Somehow it's harder at the holidays.  I will not say Merry Christmas, but instead I wish that this holiday brings you each comfort, and the knowledge that your animal is safe, loved, happy, and waiting for you.  Perhaps today we should each have a toast to our animals.  I will toast Radar, and the animals each of you love as well.
Connie C
Quote 0 0
Charlies_Mom
Radars mom:

Yes you heard from Radar!!! Radar is tell you he is fine. What a wonderful gift. Sending hugs

Charlie's mom
Breckie
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
It sure looks like a message to me, and on Christmas day, how wonderful is that! The guilt and grief are wicked, it comes hard sometimes. I try not to let my mind go in that direction, sometimes I can, others not so much. China went suddenly also, and that is where I have some guilt. But I know she could not have been loved more, and she knows I would have done anything possible to save her, and I'm slowly getting better. I appreciate the sweet message at the end of your post for all the others here, we all need a friend and someone who truly understands. Blessings to you and Radar, I'm so glad you received that sign.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Morningglorysmama
my baby Miss Morning Glory crossed the Rainbow Bridge September 15th of this year and the pain is so intense and raw I don't feel like I'll ever be the same. December 22 would have been her 12th birthday. I'm a mess right now...
Quote 0 0
Radarsmom
I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's terribly hard, isn't it.  We love them so much, they leave so soon, and the pain's so all consuming.  I guess the name of the game, as people here are trying to teach me, is one day at a time, grieving and yet at the same time trying to remember the good, the love, and the happy times.  

May Christmas give you comfort and the gift somehow of knowing your Morning Glory's safe and happy again.  I'll keep you in my prayers.
Connie C
Quote 0 0
Madtrace247
Believe it I lost my Max after nearly 19 years on the 15th Nov this year and it was about three days after he had passed away, I woke up went downstairs to make a coffee it was early in the morning as it was really dark and I hadn't been sleeping that well over the past two weeks as Max was poorly so I was always up early to be with him, anyway as I was making a coffee I heard a sound like a cat jumping off the sofa on to a hard floor, not really thinking and I suppose forgetting he had gone instantly turned around and looked into the very dark lounge, all i saw was this bright light shining from the floor exactly where he had passed away. It was pitch black and i had no lights on either. I burst out crying and then
smiled as i realised it was him and he was just letting me know he was with me. I will never forget that. i feel that he is here. I miss him so much first christmas without him miss taking a funny picture of him with a bow on his head. Or him chewing through ribbon wrapped round a present. Love him xx
Quote 0 0
Radarsmom
Dear Madtrace247, what a wonderful story and a blessing!    I'm so glad you shared it with me.  It brought a smile for the first time in a long while..  Thanks.
Connie C
Quote 0 0
Madtrace247
Honestly radarsmom I couldn't believe it either and I suppose people will read this and think my god she's mad but I really do feel that it was him. And it honestly made me feel better to know that he had chosen to come back to us! The grief we all feel when a loved one has gone not matter whether it's human or feline grief is the same because it's family I still feel lost at home and it still feels weird with Max gone, I miss him so much but I know he had a good life and I know we did everything we could but it was his time to go and I respect his wishes but it doesn't stop me shedding a tear as I write this even now. I feel for you and your loss and it will take time. but I'm glad this story put a smile on your face because that of course was what he wanted to put back on mine. Xx
Quote 1 0