JaspersMom Show full post »
Memories_of_Marmalade

Thank you for sharing that story Pamela. Especially as one who just lost an Orange Boy. It made me tear up. : ** )
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Dear James,
When I reposted this sweet but sad story I actually was thinking of you and also our friend Jackie, as I know you both lost orange kitties. This story just touched my heart after my first kitty Jasper crossed over, and even though he was a tabby, I could just see him waiting there at the pond, and not wanting to leave me. It is so true that they do not live as long as we do, and it is true that when we open our hearts and homes to them, we are choosing tears, plus so much love.

Thank you so much James for your kind reply, and I am so glad to hear that the story resonated with you as much as it did with me. It is truly a story for the ages, and one which gives such comfort and peace at a time when we need it most. I truly believe that our dear little ones are in a kinder and gentler place, and I have absolutely no doubt that our eyes will meet theirs once again. Thinking about you, and hoping that the light and love of your sweet little orange boy Marmalade will always light your path, and help you to face another day without him by your side, knowing that he will never ever leave your heart. Hugs, Pamela
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Thank you Pamela!! Yes, and Michelle (Rocky) & Jennifer (Reeses) and Jan (Jagger) too. We are part of what we have dubbed the "Orange Boys Love Club"! : ) 

There are some delightful photos of Jennifer's "Rocky" here. I need to try and find the awesome photos of Reeses that Jennifer shared too:

https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/my-rocky-10167407?pid=1308987905
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Hi James,
I so hope that Michelle and Jennifer are able to read this story, as it is so comforting and really does give such hope in one's heart. That is so sweet that you all and Jackie have dubbed yourselves the Orange Boys Love Club. Rocky sure is a beautiful boy, and I really loved the pics, and I am sure that Reeses is so cute also. Your Marmalade is certainly the handsome one, but you know that already. I do not know why, but for the last week or so, several nights in a row, I have been dreaming about little orange kittens, and these dreams started before I even remembered about posting this story. I don't know what that is all about, but they are always small and very young, and they are orange and white. So maybe I can join your club too as an honorary member lol! I looked for a Tabby Boys Club here but could not find one, then there is my Black and White Tuxedo baby girl PT. Thanks for writing James, always so good to hear from you. Pamela
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Pamela! 

Of course, your words of wisdom and comfort have helped all of us immeasurably here. 

Perhaps our Orange Boys whispered in your ear to share that story again. : )  

I had a daydream like vision once when napping, that Marmalade was visiting me when he was just a kitten. This was when he was still alive. It seemed so real. I had always wondered what he must have been like as a kitten, as we met when he was around 9 or 10 years old.

I had a black and white Tuxedo cat as a teenager in Florida. He followed me home as a kitten and walked several blocks after me. I named him "Hogan." I absolutely adored him.

Thanks again for your being so kind and supportive to everyone here.

XO,
James

Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Thank you so much for sharing this, Pamela. The “waterworks” are flowing pretty rapidly tonight. I would do it all over again to have my sweet Bubby again. Bringing home him and Lola as 1.5 pound kittens. Their fur was so new that it was still sticking straight up. And their tails were like antennas.

But I would do this pain and tears all over again for his unconditional love for 10 years.

It was a beautiful story!

Hugs,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Dear Jackie,
I thought about you and James and your sweet little orange boys when I posted this story, so I am really glad that it meant as much to you as it did to me. I first found it after my Jasper had crossed over, and I would find myself reading it over and over again, and although it would always bring me to tears, it just gave me such peace in my heart. Out of all the poems, stories, and writings I have poured over through this journey of grief, this will always stand out as The One, if you know what I mean. I would choose tears all over again for the sweetness and the love, the pain and sadness of losing them is unbelievably hard, but I am just so grateful for our bright and shiny days so filled with a special love and a bond that can never be broken. 

I could just picture my Jasper waiting at the water after seeing my reflection, and not wanting to leave and join the others, all he cared about was his mommy. Even now I am tearing up, but as the story goes, they are healing tears. I could also picture my little girl PT and my beloved Jingles not wanting to leave, sticking by their mama like they did here on earth, oh how I miss my little ones! How sweet that you brought your Bubby and Lola home at 1.5 pounds, they were such tiny little ones. You helped them to grow into beautiful and vibrant cats. I know that you would do the pain and the tears all over again for Bubby's unconditional love for 10 years. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat with no hesitation for seventeen years with my Jingles, seven years with my Jasper, and thirteen years with my little Pootie Tang, even knowing now what I was facing. When we choose tears, we also choose love, with deep love comes very heavy grief, and then one day the light breaks through the darkness, and we know without a shadow of a doubt why we did it, and that it was so worth it. Take care my friend and I hope that you rest well tonight. Hugs, Pamela
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
JinglesMom wrote:
When we choose tears, we also choose love, with deep love comes very heavy grief, and then one day the light breaks through the darkness, and we know without a shadow of a doubt why we did it, and that it was so worth it.

Dear Pamela,

This...this is everything! Our love is so deep, the tears are endless. Like you said I would do it all over again without hesitation even just for the 10 years we had. I would do it for 5. They are just that special. 

Thank you for being so thoughtful of us, especially thinking of James and myself and our little orange boys. And of course you can be an honorary member of the Orange Boys Love Club! We would love to have you! 🧡

Hugs to you all!
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0