Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 28      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #46 
China and Nicky and Noel, I've missed you so much the last few days. I hope all my friends here on the forum are finding a way through this lonely journey. I've come to realize that grief can sneak up on you at any time, set you back, reset the clock, and renew the pain. Distractions are only temporary, something to get us through one day to the next but the reality that they are gone from this physical world is the hardest emotion to accept. Every morning when I get out of bed I never know what my day will be like. Yesterday seems to have no bearing on today, each one can bring moments of peace or waves of sadness, you never know. I'm far better than I was 8 months ago when China passed but I can tell I have a long way to go. We all are 'changed', we will never be the same again, you can't lose something so dear and precious and expect to be normal again. However, I would never trade anything for the gift I received from them. It is a life long love they left me with, a deep understanding of 'living in the moment'. I am changed, but along with all the sadness, I am a better person, a more caring person, a more compassionate person. This is what they left me, this is what I try to honor, this is their gift. Thank you, my sweet friends. I pray for peace for all of us, for comfort and understanding and for accepting what they left with us knowing we will be reunited again. Blessings to you all.

Reply with quote  #47 
Oh Charlie, such heartfelt words you've written. The honest emotions you've written of on your journey have touched my heart so. Thank you for sharing, you've been such a help to me and others too I am sure.

China, Nicky and Noel, they love you so Charlie. Let their light be a beacon to guide you through that grief that sneaks up on you. As Don says, they want nothing more than to see you smile.

Wishing you peace and warmth,
your friend,
Peanut's Mom

MyBella

Reply with quote  #48 
Nicky resting on the old southern porch:

[image]

Nicky letting China 'wrestle' with him, he made her so much stronger than she would have been. They were the best of friends, and they still are.

[image]

Hi Charlie,

I LOVE these photos, such awesome photos of your Nicky and China. The one of Nicky resting on the porch, even while he was having a rest your Nicky is still keeping his eyes open and watching/guarding over everyone, the true protector that he is. The one of China and Nicky playing.....Oh My Goodness !!!....how great is this photo, to see your rugged Nicky on his back allowing his little sister to wrestle him to the ground while Nicky is "laughing" away, how wonderful the relationship between them, you can see the love they have for each other, oh man is this a great photo, the happiness and love comes through so strongly and that is because of you and Deborah. You provided a wonderful home full of such beautiful love for your babies, a home that gave them so much to enjoy, you can feel the love, the happiness as it resonates from these photos, so wonderful Charlie and absolutely beautiful.

I was happy to read that even though the first day(s) at the other home were difficult, that you would try your hardest to focus on the good and fun times that you shared with your beautiful China and handsome Nicky, feeding the birds I am sure brought back many happy memories of your precious babies. But as you wrote, the distraction are only temporary, (I wish they were longer), it doesn't take much for the emotions to surface again. The love, the companionship, the laughs and especially the cuddling will always be so missed, it will always be hard to not feel emotional when our hearts miss them so much. As you said in your very first post, "the healing will be lifelong"......it was when I read your words that I realized I wasn't alone in thinking the same thing, the healing will be lifelong and while it may get easier as time goes on, it will never be easy.

Thank you for your emails, I really appreciated you reaching out to us and letting us know we were in your thoughts. It is so nice to be around people who truly understand.
Please give our warmest and biggest wishes to Deborah, tell her to enjoy the peacefulness of the beach more often, maybe you could sneak a bottle of Baileys and some eclairs down there to help her really relax....sounds like a great plan....don't forget the straws, a lady never drinks straight from the bottle...that's your job Charlie.....
Wishing such peace, light and love to your hearts, may the love of your China, Nicky and Noel always be felt so deeply in your wonderful hearts.

Your Friend Always, Don

Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #49 
Hi Charlie, what beautiful photos of your dear Nicky and China. Our precious babies always remain close to us, and I think as time goes on we see that a little more. That's where "easier" makes a little sense. You are so right, it will never be easy. I'm so thankful to find such wonderful friends on the forum who show us we're never alone, another thing that helps ease the pain. Wishing you and Deborah a beautiful week with lots of special signs from Nicky, China and Noel showing you that bond is always tight and will only grow stronger. Big hugs to you all from our family to yours.

Dawn and Molly

Reply with quote  #50 
Happy 18th Birthday Nicky !!!!

Image result for happy birthday Nicky cake      Image result for 18th birthday balloons

Hope you, China and Noel have a fun day, with lots of running and playing with all your friends. Eats lots of cake and enjoy your day sweet boy. Be sure to visit your wonderful Mom and Dad to let them know you, China and Noel are never far away. Enjoy your birthday Nicky.

Hi Charlie, 

Thinking of you and Deborah on Nicky's special day, he is running freely with his little sister and big brother, they are forever together.
Any birthday party that involves your sweet China isn't complete without serving her favorite treat, I am sure there is lots of ice cream being served along with Nicky's cake. 
In honor of your babies, I have left a little treat on the table for you, be sure to share it with Deborah, I don't think she will mind sharing the same spoon with you.

Image result for vanilla blue bell ice cream

May the bright lights of your precious babies always warm yours and Deborah's hearts.

Your Friend Always, Don

Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #51 
Happy Birthday to Nicky!! Oh boy, what fun our babies are having with all of the cake, ice cream and fun. I hope he has a chance to visit you today and let you know how near he continues to be. Wishing you, Deborah, Nicky, China and Noel a beautiful day, and sending lots of hugs from Molly and me.

Dawn

Reply with quote  #52 
Don, what a wonderful post for my dearest friends!! You are so thoughtful, it still amazes me how you can possibly remember all these dates and names, you bring so many smiles to so many people. The cake and 'Blue Bell' ice cream is perfect!! I have a video of Nicky celebrating his birthday, with China of course, from two years ago. I got him a little doggy cake and got his favorite treat, deli roast beef from the local grocery store. He is standing up on his hind legs taking the pieces of roast beef from my hand while China is right next to him getting her little pieces. Then you hear the 'Happy Birthday' vocals by Deborah and me, such a sweet video and memory. The Blue Bell was always there, even though Nicky never cared for it but China was addicted to it, lol, her favorite treat along with the yogurt 'drops'. Thank you for bringing those memories back, for caring. Give my best to Vera and the sweet little 'daddy's girl' Bella. I hope you had a very good Sunday and know that I was thinking of all of you on that day.

your friends, Deborah and Charlie

Reply with quote  #53 
Hi Charlie, 

What a great memory of your Nicky getting a doggy cake and roast beef for his birthday, and of course he loved nothing more than to share with his little sister, such a great big brother he always is, I bet you treasure that video. China lucked out with Nicky not liking ice cream, more for his sister then.
Sending my warmest wishes to you and Deborah on this Thursday, I hope today brings more wonderful memories like this one forward, and helps soften those tears that I am sure will fall in your precious baby's memories.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful memory with us, I really enjoyed reading about it.
Give my best to Deborah, and always my biggest wishes for such peace, light and love to always find your wonderful hearts.

Your Friend Always, Don
Marie123

Reply with quote  #54 
Hello everyone! So great to hear from you all! I remember having birthday parties for Raven as well. Roast beef was her favorite too! For her first birthday my friend and I baked white cake cupcakes and mixed catnip into them. Raven and the other cats decided it was more fun to roll on them than to eat them, and both did we have a mess! We were cleaning up cake crumbs for a week!
I hope all of you are doing ok. It's been up and down for me and many others. It just sneaks up on you at the oddest moments that your best friend is GONE!!! I doubt that feeling ever truly goes away.
Take care now, everyone. My friends and I are going to the Renaissance Faire in Wentzville today, and maybe I'll see something there that reminds me of my girl.
Blessings to all of you 🐱
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #55 
Hey Marie, I hope you had a wonderful time at the Renaissance Faire, let us know how your day went. It's good to get out and away for even short periods, a little break, and I'm so glad you did. It sounds like Raven and Nicky would have been great friends. He was raised around cats and loved them, and they both shared the roast beef love, lol. I will remember Raven today as I light my candles, blessings to you.

Reply with quote  #56 
Hi Charlie! We had a great time at the Renaissance Faire and I think Raven was there too. I saw so many things in the vendor's booths that were black cat related. I wanted to buy all of it! Yesterday was also Rabbit Appreciation Day. My friend's bunny Snoopy of 13 years died a week and a half after Raven's passing so it was a double punch to our hearts. There was an animal rescue at the Faire with all kinds of critters, even a baby alligator! But my friend loved the two rescue bunnies best, and we made a small donation to the rescue. I'd also seen one of my wild rabbits in my garage that morning. If all this wasn't our babies letting us know all is well, then I don't know what is!
I hope you guys are doing well. It's been such a sad summer and with the daylight getting shorter my seasonal depression is kicking in. It's going to be a tough holiday season for a lot of us.
Again, so good to hear from you guys! Blessings! 🐱❤
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #57 
I love this one.

No automatic alt text available.

Reply with quote  #58 
Oh wow it's so true! I've seen one somewhere for cats as well. Wish I could find it back. The sentiment is perfect! 🐱🐶
Monty13

Reply with quote  #59 
Charlie, I love this! I hope to have another dog someday so I will copy this to remind me. Thanks for sharing this! I'm very sorry for your losses.
Monty
PeanutWee

Reply with quote  #60 
Dear Charlie,

If I recall correctly, October brings to you and Deborah the end of your summer house visit and the return to home...I know it may bring some sadness and tears. I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your family and am sending warm wishes to you and Deborah for peace and strength.

Your friend,
Peanut's Mom

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.