Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 27      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
Marie123

Reply with quote  #31 
Haha Rowdys so cute! My little kitty Raven had the start of dementia too when I let her go. She still knew who I was but she'd act like she didn't know where she was in the house and in the end she seemed to forget how to eat sometimes. It was heart-wrenching! It's just so good to know others care about their babies this much. Anyone who's loved a cat, dog, bunny or any animal knows that no other love can compare. They won't ditch us like other humans do. They just love, and yearn to be loved. There's nothing more solid than that.🐾
JoyAlane

Reply with quote  #32 
Thank you for responding. The support here is so precious. I never knew of pet dementia until my little Rowdy. The early signs I didn't understand. We can look forward to seeing our babies again. That's my hope.. God Bless you.

Attached Images
jpeg 1031151052_HDR.jpg (119.41 KB, 2 views)
jpeg 0607162220_HDR.jpg (125.07 KB, 2 views)

MyBella

Reply with quote  #33 
Hi Charlie,

Hope this finds you and Deborah doing well and finding a bit of peace each and every day, never worry if you should have a setback or two, it's all part of the process.
Try your best to use those fun and loving moments that your precious babies provided over the years to help bring a smile to your face. Your China, Nicky and Noel would't want anything more than to see their wonderful and loving Mom and Dad smile in their honor.
Hope you and Deborah enjoy your little break, never worry, your babies will be right there with you, just as they always have been, you may want to pack a few treats for them just as you always do......
Give our best to Deborah, and always my biggest wishes for such peace, light and healing to find your hearts.

Your Friend Always, Don
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #34 
Don thank you for the good wishes, I will certainly relay them to Deborah, she is always glad to hear from you too. She inherited a house 6 years ago, that we visit each summer, but due to her health problems, we can only go for a short visit this time. The dogs loved going there, we have doggy beds, toys, treats at the other place. So it will be somewhat bitter sweet when we arrive. I will have to go through some of the same things we did here when they passed away. I have a lot of memories of them at this other place. It has a beautiful backyard that China and Nicky loved, and of course, we had a whole set of routines there for them also. I have pictures and videos of them at this other house. We have been trying to hold onto it for awhile but will soon have to sell, it's just too much upkeep and all our kids live here in FL. I hope you have another wonderful Bella Sunday with your little girl and Vera. Blessings to you.

This is what I will miss the most on the trip:

[image]

I'm sure we will have a good time once we settle in, Deborah loves the place and it always brightens up her days when we visit. She went every year to visit her relative there and fell in love with the old house. She has so many wonderful memories in the place.

Your friends, Charlie and Deborah.

Reply with quote  #35 
Hi Charlie,

Another great photo of your adorable China and the handsome Nicky, each time I see the two of them together, I have a stronger sense of how Nicky is such the protector to his little sister, so beautiful and wonderful how he loves her so much.

I send you my most positive thoughts as you go on your trip, it will be a very difficult time, but do know, your precious China and Nicky will always be with you, sending you such love to help you as you visit this home that gave you so many beautiful memories of your babies.
I wish you and Deborah such strength during this difficult time.

Your Friend Always, Don

MyBella

Reply with quote  #36 
Hi Charlie,

Thinking of you and Deborah on this Thursday, may the love of your adorable China and the ruggedly handsome Nicky be felt so deeply in your heart.
I sincerely hope you feel their loving presence with you on your trip to the other house, even though they aren't there physically, their loving spirits will always be with you, no matter where you go..... your Nicky and China wouldn't miss a road trip with their wonderful Mom and Dad, you can count on that.
Sending my warmest wishes of support as you take on this most difficult first trip without your precious co-pilots.
May you always feel the pure love of your China, Nicky and Noel each and every day.

Your Friend Always, Don

Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #37 
Don, thank you for such wonderful and uplifting words, you truly are a blessing to so many. We arrived here early Monday morning, the trip went well with no problems at all, I think I had my co-pilots looking out for me! It was so a strange trip without them, we only stopped once for gas, and along the way, I saw several of the rest stops where we use to stop and let them go for a walk. I would always have fresh food with me on the trip and we would all sat at a picnic table and eat. They loved those little breaks from the trip. 

The first 24 hours was so hard, that night I had a very difficult time, all the memories came rushing back and it overwhelmed me a little. Lots of tears. But I made a promise to myself that the next day I would try to only remember the good times, the fun things we did there and how much they loved the back yard. I put out some bird food in the morning, they both loved to watch the birds eat. I would talk to them and tell them 'daddy gave the birdies some food, see the little birdie'. They would lay in the grass and watch their friends swoop in and lite on the perch. China loved to watch them take bird baths, she got a thrill watching them splash their wings. As the days have went by this week, I have focused on good memories. It has helped, but I still find myself staring at a particular place and imagining I see them there. Of course, it is quiet in this house also, too quiet. We did manage to drive down to the beach, Deborah loves the beaches here, and sat for awhile and listened to the waves and the seagulls, it was very peaceful. My son and daughter-in-law plan to visit us on labor day weekend. They have a standard poodle and a mini poodle, both rescued. I look forward to seeing them, even for a few days.

This is a truly difficult journey we are all on, isn't it. We all have been changed by that special love, we can never be the same again, and I would never want to. They gave me so much, they gave me their all, they left me as a better person, I cherish their memories, I'm forever enveloped in their love, what a blessing.

Again, thank you for remembering Don, and tell Vera hello, and tell Bella .... she is the best!

ps. We will return in October, I hope everyone here on this forum finds a way to peace and please know, they are still with you.

Reply with quote  #38 
I'm glad your trip went ok. It's been a weird day for me, too, not having Raven here on my birthday. Oddly, I haven't been quite as upset as I thought I'd be. It's like you said, I think they're watching over us still. I know your babies wouldn't miss a trip with you for anything. But it must have felt so odd not having them along, at least not in the way you're used to.
I hope you guys find peace as well. Everyone here is so kind. It's a rough road we're all on, but no one here is on that road alone.
Take care now! 🐱
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #39 
Thank you, Marie, for your kind words. I have a strong feeling that Raven was right there with you, I truly believe that. I'm glad the day wasn't too upsetting, those special occasions can be difficult sometimes. I want to wish you a happy birthday, you are a special person and you gave Raven a special life. It's like you said, 'we are not on that road alone', those words mean so much to me. My neighbor said them to me as we left last Sunday.  I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have people like you and others on this forum whom I know understand what we are going through. Blessings.

Reply with quote  #40 
Thank you too, Chinadoll. I cried some this morning but the rest of the day wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't do much, just hung out with the other animals enjoying Car Week on history channel, and now I'm meeting one of my friends for dinner. I'll probably do something with them again next week but right now a big celebration just isn't my thing. Today was also Black Cat Appreciation Day, so I made a donation to a black cat rescue in Raven's name. It helped some. By making it more about the animals it made me feel better. I'm so glad you guys made it ok and the way you talk about your babies reminds me so much of my relationship with my animals. They are such an important part of our lives that I believe a bit of their essence remains with us, even though their physical bodies have departed. Take care now. You are always so kind to everyone here, I wish you nothing but the best!
Blessings, Marie and the crew 🐱🐊🐌
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #41 
We have been at our second home for a week now, so many memories have come to mind. The first few days were difficult but I've turned my attention to how much fun they had here in this old southern home. My wife visited her relative here for so many years, each time bringing Nicky and later China. They loved it here. 

Below: Nicky resting on the old southern porch:

[image]

Nicky letting China 'wrestle' with him, he made her so much stronger than she would have been. They were the best of friends, and they still are.

[image]

Blessings to all of you here at the forum. May you find peace and comfort in the days, weeks, months ahead. I pray each night for us, we all share our grief and our love for our dear friends.

Reply with quote  #42 
Aaawww makes me think of how my little Roswell talked Raven into playing with her. So sweet! The memories are bittersweet, but cherish them forever. I hope everyone is doing ok as well. I felt my girl with me yesterday, watching the eclipse.
Love to all of you from Marie and the crew ☀🐱
PeanutWee

Reply with quote  #43 
Hi Charlie, I'm so glad you're recalling such fond memories there of Nicky and China. The photo of Nicky on the porch is so adorable. And the one of Nicky and China "wrestling", oh how wonderful for you and Deborah to see their friendship grow. So sweet and heartwarming. Thanks for sharing these photos.

Wishing you much peace and memories to lighten your heart,
Sincerely,
Peanut's Mom

Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #44 
Thank you, Marie and Peanut's Mom, your words are so sweet and uplifting. I hope you both are doing ok today. I've been so busy since we got here I haven't been on the forum much and it was so nice to see your comments. You both made my day. Praying for peace for all of us here, we truly are helping one another at such a difficult time, strangers with so much in common. Bless you both and thank you again.

Reply with quote  #45 
Hi Charlie, thank you for your kind words on Peanut's thread. I liked very much how you described hand feeding Nicky and China as "intimate feeding", those words are perfect really. I hope you and Deborah are having a peaceful visit to your second house.

Sincerely,
Peanut's Mom

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.