Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 27      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
Beesmom123

Reply with quote  #16 
Charlie,
I am so very sorry for your losses, to lose such beautiful, cherished family members in so short a span is incomprehensible.
The love and care you showed them is so very evident.  thank-you for sharing the pictures, they are truly lovely, China tugging at Noelโ€™s tail, Nicky running with such joy and spirit, a family that love built for certain.

I'm glad you found this forum and the support of people that can truly understand.
It has been so important to me, I have lost two beloved companions over the past 2+ years and consider myself very fortunate to have had the support of many wonderful friends  who have walked  and continue to travel a similar path.

Sending the warmest of wishes for peace and healing to you and your wife.

Take Care,
Diana

Reply with quote  #17 
Diana - 

Thank you for those kind and caring words, I'm not sure what I would have done had I not found this place to come and share my grief and love of my dear friends. Thank you for taking the time to post, so many kind and wonderful people here, on this long journey. Bless you and I pray for peace and comfort for all of us.

Reply with quote  #18 
It's been almost 4 months (4 tomorrow) since I said goodbye to my sweet Raven and for some reason it just hit me like a train these past couple days. My birthday is coming up and the thought of not having her here to celebrate with me is just awful! I almost hope my friends will forget so I can just stay home with my other animals and cry. Like you said there's days I can talk about her and think of her with a smile and then there's days like these. I take it one day (or one second) at a time. That's what all of us have to do i guess. There aren't any rules to grieving and there's certainly no rhyme or reason. I've actually had a few dreams about her, and seen signs that she's watching over me. It's bittersweet for sure. When you love a furry baby as much as all of us here do, it's like losing part of your heart and soul when they go. I hope all of you can find some comfort in knowing that you gave these guys the best of everything, and in many cases they wouldn't have had a chance if someone wonderful hadnt come along and adopted them. We were their angels. Now they are ours.
Love to all of you,
Marie and the crew ๐Ÿฑ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŒ
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #19 
Marie -

Those waves of emotions just come so fast, no warning, you just have to let it flow over you, cry, and begin again. I have found that I have a real problem vocalizing my feelings. I can write about, write what I feel, but if I try to read it to my wife, my voice cracks and tears come. I guess 'hearing' the words have such a different impact on me. This morning I was going over a list of things to take on a trip that we have to make ( I'm a list maker), of course on that list were many entries concerning the dogs and cats. I couldn't bring myself to remove those items, so I made a copy of the list and worked on the copy. I cried. Little things just pop up, and the emotions take over. Birthdays are a big one, I've been through one and I didn't do anything, I couldn't. My heart goes out to you, grief is so individual, it comes in so many forms. I pray for your peace, this is a tough path we are on, each day is difficult, Raven is watching over you, the dreams and signs are special, bless you.

Reply with quote  #20 
Thank you so much! We always include our animals in every festivity that comes along, and even though I've got the rest of my crew it's just not going to be the same without her pulling ribbons off gifts, jumping into bags and boxes, or sleeping on stuff that doesn't belong to her. Im just playing it low-key, trying to get through it. I know what you mean about not wanting to change something like on a list. And the part about reading aloud. I tried reading a "love letter" I'd written to her and I just lost it so I just left it in my journal knowing that her spirit would come later and read it. I know that sounds whacked, but I truly believe she comes to check on me, her brothers and sisters, uncle, aunts and cousins.It's a roller coaster ride every day, and since I suffer from anxiety and depression (plus being older now there's no telling what my mood will be like from one minute to the next!) its worse. It's just a relief to know I'm not the only one on the roller coaster. For all her attitude, all her quirks, Raven was the purest most beautiful soul I'd ever known. Without her I'm just lost. I know we all feel that way without our babies by our side. I'm glad we have each other for times like this, and for the better days ahead.
Thank you ๐Ÿพ
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever

Reply with quote  #21 
Hi Charlie, I'm so sorry for your loss of Noel, China and Nicky, especially in such a short span of time. Losing a furchild is truly heartbreaking. They're such comfort to us, they take care of us, they're our best little friends and soulmates. We lost our dear Molly Beagle 9 months ago at almost age 17, and I'm still trying to find my way through each day without her by my side. My routine and my life were turned upside down, and I'm not sure I'll ever be whole again. I know she's always with me, guiding me and sharing her love wherever I go, just as your precious babies are with you. That loving bond can never be broken, and we will hold them again someday forever. Please know others are here with you and share your pain and deep love of fur children.

Don is such a wonderful friend, always so helpful to those on the forum. He's helped me through the darkest days of losing my Molly. We are very blessed to have friends like him. Prayers for your wife as well, and I hope you are able to feel some healing as you hold your babies close in your heart.

Molly's Mom...Dawn

Reply with quote  #22 
Everyone here has been so kind. I'm glad this forum exists. It makes me feel less alone.
Today is World Cat Day and also the 4 month anniversary of my dear Raven's crossing. My heart and prayers go out to all those who have lost a precious baby, not just cats, but any of God's creatures who were loved and cherished. I'm praying also for all of the pets who are sick, homeless or unwanted. May they find love, health and peace, and may all the kind people out there have the same.
Blessings to all ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿด
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #23 
Dawn - 

Thank you for your kind words and especially for the prayers for my wife. I've seen so many of your posts on this forum, you are constantly reaching out to help others, even while you go through this grieving process. That's special, like Don, so many people helping others while they deal with their own loss. I've read the words you posted for your Molly, the love, the tears, and I pray for your peace also. These 'bonds' are unlike anything we can imagine, the loss is equally so. Molly was and is the love of your life, the gift we never expected, a lasting love that cannot be lost. Bless you.

My wife's and I very first dog after we got married was a cute little mini beagle, we called him Benjamin. He lived such a short life, but even after 48 years, I can still picture him in my mind. To think that one day I will see them all again is the strength I rely on. He was so cute and sweet.

Thank you again for your wonderful words.

Reply with quote  #24 
Marie -

What a beautiful post, my daily prayers include the same hopes and wishes you expressed, the well being and love for all of God's creatures. These anniversaries can be difficult, I will remember Raven and you on this day, I pray for your peace and comfort, knowing Raven is still with you in spirit, watching over you, forever. Blessings

Reply with quote  #25 
 Oh Charlie~  

I am so very, very sorry to read about & see the amazing pictures of Nicky, Noel & China. For me, to lose one baby @ 14.3 y/o was gut & heart wrenching. But to read about you guys losing 3 of your loves in such a short space of time...I don't know how you made it to this point. In the beginning, I would imagine it was impossible to breathe, eat, sleep or even function. There's so much love in your photos...as if it's a circle of 3...little ones who found each other & found their loving, forever home. Thank you for sharing their pictures. They are all beautiful!

We are all most fortunate to have 'stumbled upon' this Rainbow Bridge forum. I don't remember 'how' except it was a night when I sat up in bed after trying unsuccessfully to fall asleep. Tooling on the internet...I found the forum...though I think my Lucy & Sam Dog helped me to navigate/land here. So I think maybe your China, Nicky & Noel helped guide you here too. It helped me so much...and continues to do so. Everyone here has experienced the loss of our heart & soul animals. We will never be the same. They have a special place in our hearts-- for the rest of our lives. But we keep going & hopefully, find comfort here & can offer help to those who recently lost their best furry friend(s). 

I hope that you both have moments & signs from your little ones & whatever helps you each day. They are pain free now...happy & healthy & loving you right back. It's a positive image amidst the lonely quiet & sadness. 

Big hugs,
Kasey
Marie123

Reply with quote  #26 
I stumbled across this forum one day when I was looking up poetry and songs to maybe bring me comfort after Raven's passing. Like you guys I think my girl was guiding me. I'm so glad we all found each other here. In a way helping others here has helped me cope. It's like I can bring a tiny bit of Raven's loving spirit to everyone, bring them the same love and comfort my beautiful sweet black friend always did for me. She taught me so much about love, about life. It's the least I can do to "paw" it forward!
Hugs to all! ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿบ
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #27 
Kasey -

Such a sweet post you made for my China, Nicky, and Noel. I've seen many of your posts also, you are a blessing here on the forum as so many others are. Through all the grief you've been through you continue to come here to help others. It took me 6 months to post a topic for them, and I read how hard it was for you to start a topic after your loss. I was here soon after China, found the site while searching for 'help'. I instantly met a group of people that made me feel 'normal, that the grief I was experiencing was not so unusual. That one thing helped me more than any other. I started posting to see if my words could help others, I hope some did. But the time came when I wanted to share my friends, honor them, it was so difficult to start a topic, I guess it was one of those 'steps' along this journey to accept what happened. Thank you for being here, for helping so many, my prayers are always with you, blessings for peace.

Reply with quote  #28 
Hi Charlie, I just finished reading all about China, Nicky and Noel. What a beautiful Family. I am so sorry of your loss in such a short time. I feel your pain, it gets easier, but you still feel the pain, you just learn to live with it. I lost my Dukey 6/27/15 he was almost 14. he  was so sick I had to let him go. It was the one thing I did not want to do. The vet said It was the best thing to do. I felt like I killed him. Dukey took a piece of my heart with him. he was a poodle mixed with Maltese. I cry every day for him.. The Forum is a great place to be I made so many friends here and on Monday night Candle ceremony. I am also friends with Don, He is such a Wonderful Person to know.  So many wonderful People I can't fit them in this little space. I love the photo with China pulling on Noel's tail. I loved all the photo's what lovely Furbabies.. My prayers are with you and asking God to Heal you and your Wife. Hopefully I will see you on Monday night. Hoping you get many signs from your babies, letting you know they are OK.  Hugs and Kisses Tina and Dukey
Chinadoll

Reply with quote  #29 
Tina -

Thank you so much for your kind and sweet words. I went back and read through your original topic. I saw the pictures of Dukey, what a beautiful, sweet little boy! There are so many people here at this forum to help, your words of comfort mean a lot to me. I know your loss of Dukey was so very difficult, your ability to reach out to help others is a testament to your deep love and honors your sweet Dukey. I can't get over the pictures, they are so beautiful. Bless you and thank you again.

Reply with quote  #30 
My little Rowdy passed last year, august 6th. He also had CHF and dementia. He was 17 years and 9 months old. I miss him so. I love him so. He gave to me such joy, happiness and comfort. You have to be such a loving and wonderful person to give such love and devotion to your fur babies. You understood them and they understood you. One can tell how happy yoyr lives were together. I pray all pets could have such a home. God bless you..Prayers...

Attached Images
jpeg 0818161109_HDR-936x1664.jpg (154.22 KB, 3 views)
jpeg 0823151849a.jpg (107.37 KB, 3 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.