Adele1210
On Monday night I lost my baby Chase. He was an two year old black Bengal cross I adopted from an shelter in February 2019.
He’s was hit by an car crossing the road and died instantly, my partner found him at the side of the road out side our local church less than 5 minutes from our house. I woke to the sound of sobbing, my partner sat on the floor of our hallway cradling our baby in his arms.
Chase was our baby boy and even though he wasn’t with us for long he made his mark. I miss all the little things, he would greet me every morning as I went to the bathroom, him scratching at the cupboard were he kept his food; he loved his food, the sound of his purr, giving him head scratches and rubbing his ears. I even miss the sound of him tapping at the back door to be let back in. He was such and affectionate boy and loved to cuddle with me in the morning whilst I drank my coffee. I count the amount of times I’ve slit coffee of the sofa due to an eager headbutt.
I feel so lost and the house feel empty without him, I miss just him sitting with me. Feels like my heart has been broken into an million pieces. I’m angry that he was taken from us far too soon and keep wondering why? I know it will get better eventually but right now I’m heartbroken 😔 💔
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Adele:

My heart aches for you on the loss of your beloved Chase. I know that you were not together very long but that brief time that you did share was very meaningful. It was full of love, understanding and companionship. You were Chase's savior by rescuing him from your local shelter. He was in good, caring and competent hands. Had you not rescued him, I shudder to think of the consequences. Yes, you are very angry right now and I don't blame you one bit. I think everyone in this Forum is grappling with anger, I know I am. It is my sincerest wish that you find some peace in this Forum. It is filled with many wonderful, pet-loving people who - like you - are in the throes of mourning a beloved pet. Stay strong and post here often. We all want to hear from you.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Adele,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, handsome boy Chase. I know it is painful to lose a young, healthy boy so suddenly. But there is no answer to the question "why". It was a tragic accident.

I hope in time happy memories like his eager headbutt help ease the pain.

The picture of him is striking. He's very handsome.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Adele1210
Thankyou for kind words. The feeling of loss is so strong at the moment, it’s like someone has punching on hole through my chest. What I wouldn’t give for just one more cuddle 😞
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Adele,
I am so sorry for your loss of your precious Chase. He is a beautiful boy! You saved a black cat from a shelter and I thank you for that. I'm sure you know black cats are often overlooked. It sounds like you gave him a wonderful life. I can tell you love him with all your heart and he loves you just as much. Accidents happen and I wish we could know why. Just know that we all are here for you. We understand the pain you are feeling. It has been 2 months for me today and I still cry. But writing here has helped me tremendously. You are not alone. My deepest condolences. Becky
Quote 0 0
Adele1210
Today was an little bit easier, I didn’t cry as much. But when I think about Chase or look at photographs my heart aches, I miss him so much. I notice it more when I come home and don’t see his little face peek round the corner. The house feels so empty and quiet
Quote 0 0
Gucci
Adele, your post resonated so much with me. I'm so sorry for your loss, which is still so raw! I lost my 2 year old Sammi a little over a month ago, who was also struck by a car. I only found out about it because I'd put posters up a couple of days after he went missing, and a woman called me to say she recognized him after having found him.

I know it's so hard to think about how young Chase was, and all the time you might have had with him. But he was so, so fortunate to have found a loving home (especially as a black cat), and he sounds like he was an absolutely wonderful being. I think, too, that being able to properly say good bye since you found him, can ease a little your grief. I've lost cats before when they simply vanished and I never knew what had happened to them.  

My deepest sympathies as you and your partner grieve his absence; I know how hard it is to get used to not having him around with all his endearing habits and quirks. Take care of yourselves...GC
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Adele-We all on here can understand your sadness and 2yo is certainly way too young. I know now that the memories of Chases routine things upset you because you are so heartbroken but those things will bring you joy once your heart starts healing. I can still picture my Ollie staring up at the treat cabinet every morning and while it made me cry initially now it makes me smile
I am sending you both a big hug and I'm so sorry for your loss of Chase
Lauri
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
Adele, I'm sorry for the loss of Chase. From his picture he was absolutely handsome and I can see the character in him from that pic alone. I lost my cat Ginger the same way. Struck by a car. My home is empty without her. I def understand your pain. My heart goes out to both you and your partner. I hope you keep us in ng this site to help you on the grieving process.
Quote 0 0