TheBartyParty
Ugh this is rough. New to this site. 33 yr old man just lost his 12 yr old cat last night. He was my chubby buddy and has helped me so much this past 5 years since I started dealing with panic and anxiety attacks. I could come home just wrecked from my nerves being shot and I lay down in bed and he would come lay right next to me and allow me to hug him and bury my face in his fur. His purring would instantly relax me. I couldn’t sleep last night and I just have perpetual tears in my eyes.
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Eric - I am so sorry for the loss of Cesar your "chubby buddy." He is beautiful and looks very furry. I wish I had the magical words to say to make you feel better but I do not know them. Losing a furbaby is very hard, especially when they have become such a vital part of our daily lives. Grief is a taskmaster that requires us to take a horror roller coaster ride of endless tears--but it is the only road to take in order to find healing. You have come to the right place--we all have been where you are now and we understand your feelings and the first thing to know is that you are not alone. The members of this forum will be there for you with words of comfort, knowing, and wisdom. Each and every one, although on the grief path themselves, rise above their own darkness to offer light to new lost souls in order to help them deal with the emotions ahead. I liken it to struggling in quicksand and the more you struggle, the deeper you sink. But someone will come along, and offer a branch or a hand for you to grab onto, and you will be lifted up and out of the muck. In reading the stories on this site, you will see that many feel what you are feeling and the support given may help you in identifying with some that may serve to help you as you move forward. Grief is also a time thief--what I have found is that no matter how old we are when we lose our furbabies, we go back in time and are all 6--children again!! Again, I am sorry for your loss. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
A sweet picture of you and your ‘chubby buddy’. It is indeed rough, the pain is epic. You’ve shared your life with this beautiful soul for 12 years, since you were 21. You were together for many “firsts” , many memories. Our babies give us soo much, their unconditional love, patience, support, loyalty. The loss can be unexpectedly harsh and hit hard. You’re not alone, your feelings are normal. We completely understand those tears, completely. Keep writing, it helps, or just read other’s postings. Take care,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0