Duma

I will begin to feel there may be a future, then CRASH! When I least expect it, I am knocked down again  by churning waves of grief...loss and pain grabbing me by the feet and ankles, yanking me back into the riptide of a life I no longer feel the strength to endure. 

Since my Mucy died on Thanksgiving evening 2018, I’ve had zero support from family, with  an, “I’m so sorry for your loss.”, from a therapist.

I feel so deeply grief stricken about loosing her that I often wish I could have curled my body around her cold, lifeless little body, and been placed inside the furnace at the crematorium along with her. The only right place for me feels like it should still be with my Mucy.

Quote 0 0
JulieF
Duma - I am so sorry for your loss and especially for the lack of support from you family.  This site offers a lot of support.  I know I find it helpful since I lost my Patchy cat on Monday.  Have you looked into an online therapist especially for pet loss?  Hugs and bless you!!
Quote 0 0
ShadowDad
Julie, the waves are hard to endure.  Mine will build slowly and irritatingly until it comes out, usually painfully.  One say at a time is all we can do right now.  Prayers for healing.  
Quote 0 0
mrcatsam
Duma,

I'm so sorry for your loss, and the lack of support. It sounds like you've been going through this alone since the beginning and that's never how it should be. We're here for you, trying to endure those cursed waves. I wish I had something more to say, some insight into how to handle grief. For now, just take your time, lie in bed, watch sad movies, throw something, or do what you need to. We are here for you anytime you need.

Condolences,

Sam
Samuel
Quote 0 0
JulieF
Bless you Duma and everyone else on this post.  We are all going through the same thing and it is incredibly hard - especially when you have "non-pet" people who think "it was just a pet".  It was NOT just a pet - he/she was a member of the family and loved just the same (sometimes more in some cases).  We spent years caring for and loving our animals, taking them to the vet, laughing when they did something silly (like, in my case, my Patchy would jump and roll around in the greenery I would get our to decorate at Christmas,and get the wild cat eyes"), and they, in turn, were there for us when we needed unconditional love and affection.  I can't imagine what this past week would have been like without the love and caring from my boyfriend, friends, family and co-workers.  My administrative assistant just lost her brother last weekend to COVID and she was kind enough to give me a card.  I am sending positive thoughts and hugs your way.
Quote 0 0
JulieF
Duma, have you contacted your local animal rescue to see if they sponsor a pet loss support group?  Ours does and they meet on a regular basis.
Quote 0 0
Max147
Hi Duma, I feel for you I really do.  My boy Max died 1 year & 3 months ago.  Every day I wish I could be with with him as I struggle to cope with this different life without him.  He was my soulmate.

Shadowdad is right - one day at a time,  it's the hardest thing in the world & I wish I could also say something to make it all go away.

Sending comforting hugs - you are not alone on this wonderful forum 🐾

Quote 0 0