Memories_of_Marmalade

I've been reading posts here by those who felt that their cats thought they were their "protectors."

I'm sure that everyone here has seen this remarkable footage linked below. But if you haven't? It is well worth a watch to all of us here who adore Cats.

It proves, once and for all, on documented video, that Cat's can absolutely see themselves as our protectors. Watch how the Cat not only rams the dog with it's own body to save the boy, but then proceeds to chase the (much larger) dog further away around the SUV (love that power-slide by the cat!), before it returns to check on the boy:

This Today Show interview with the family shows some of the footage in slow motion:

Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi, I had’t seen this but that was one brave cat! I think she should get lots of treats!! Thanks for sharing!
CK
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

I am bumping this post forwards, so that those who have not seen it by chance, who love and appreciate cats can enjoy it. It shows how smart and how protective they can be. One for the ages...enjoy!

James
Quote 0 0
anang
What an amazing situation! That cat is a superhero!

This video feeds my beliefs that animals are more "super amazing" than humans. "Super amazing" is just a term that I came up with, but it encompasses their ability to forgive, accept love, remain loyal, possess super-human (cat-dog) strengths, fight for what they believe in, to the point that surpasses us as humans.

It's funny how the boy seems so sedated during the interview, while the cat is meowing, but being well behaved. 

Thank you for a very uplifting and touching story! 

-Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
DogNana
Memories_of_Marmalade wrote:

I've been reading posts here by those who felt that their cats thought they were their "protectors."

I'm sure that everyone here has seen this remarkable footage linked below. But if you haven't? It is well worth a watch to all of us here who adore Cats.

It proves, once and for all, on documented video, that Cat's can absolutely see themselves as our protectors. Watch how the Cat not only rams the dog with it's own body to save the boy, but then proceeds to chase the (much larger) dog further away around the SUV (love that power-slide by the cat!), before it returns to check on the boy:

This Today Show interview with the family shows some of the footage in slow motion:

I had never seen this. That cats incredible.
Oscar, always Mommy’s Boy, forever in my ❤️ 
Quote 0 0