Charu
Hi - I'm hoping that you can understand as friends think I 'm over reacting as it's only an animal . My jack was put to sleep last night, ten black & white cat who I'd had since he was a kitten. He'd been going downhill for weeks couldn't eat, lost half his weight. Couldn't breathe & in last week couldn't walk I miss him , house is empty / he'd sit with me wherever I was. , night before he crawled to me & wanted to come on sofa as he loved it I put him next to me& he slept for 2 hours next to me but when I urinated I picked him up. & put him down now I'm so guilty maybe he was trying to say bye I thanked him
When I held him
I told him I love him , my stomach heart head hurts is this something did I play god. , should I have done it earlier. ? I miss jack so so much o
Quote 0 0
Little_Girls_Mom
No...I don't think you should have put him down earlier and I know you didn't do anything wrong.

You had him with you as long as you could have and he knew how much you loved him. 

It's really hard making that decision and I wish I would have waited a little longer before putting my 14 yr old Little Girl to sleep. I regret that every day. She had lung cancer and breathing problems but was still eating and drinking...I wish I had whatever precious time was left for us. I didn't want her to suffer, either.

You made a decision based on how much you loved him and I'm sure he knew that. No one could do anymore. 

We will always question if we did the right thing, but we do the best we can. It's very hard and it hurts so much without them.

You are in my prayers and I know how hard it is. It's been 5 weeks since my kitty's been gone, and it hurts a lot. 

Take care of yourself and I hope you will have some peace with this. Just know we all know how you feel.  

(You are not over reacting, he was special and you loved him. Only we know how  much they meant and the love they gave. Not everyone will ever understand that.)

Quote 0 0
Gertie
You did what was best for your baby. I am so sorry for your loss. Try to remember all the love, it will help you through this.

Thinking of you,

Duncan & Myles Mom
Quote 0 0