Lonelyhouse
I woke up from my mum and brother crying saying my cat has been ran over on the side of the road I went out and saw my cat laying dead with one of his eye pop out, I’m feeling really depressed and can’t even brush my teeth , work and I haven’t ate all day, I just don’t feel like doing anything my heart hurts so much , I don’t think I can carry on with my life, this cat was a big part of my life, had him for 8 years he slept in my bed every night, woke up with me and I always feed him when I eat, I’m so upset I don’t know if I’m writing in good grammar I’m sorry.
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
I am so so sorry for this sudden and tragic loss of your sweet cat. Be very gentle with yourself over the next several days. All you described feeling is normal.  Pets are such an integral part of our everyday lives. I was numb, then felt a million hard emotions when my dog suddenly passed 2 1/2 months ago. Eventually the pain gets a bit less every day. But you are in the worst of it now. Hang in there and keep writing on this forum. Everyone here understands and loved their pets deeply, from what I have experienced here.
Hugs
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
AmyA
Dear LonelyHouse,

I’m so sorry for your loss! It was tragic and unexpected, which makes it that much harder. Your grief is normal and expected so let yourself have the time - cry when you need to, reminisce when you want to, let it out and know it is ok. You are here among friends so please let us know how you are doing. I lost my beautiful Bulldog last week, also unexpectedly, and couldn’t bring myself to leave the house for many days. I also didn’t eat and cried hysterically. But that is ok. It is part of the process and you have to go through it - at your own time and pace - to find your peace. I’m wishing you all the best right now and perhaps my Fat Luey is walking your fur baby over the Rainbow Bridge. Cats always did love him! 💔
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
Lonelyhouse wrote:
I woke up from my mum and brother crying saying my cat has been ran over on the side of the road I went out and saw my cat laying dead with one of his eye pop out, I’m feeling really depressed and can’t even brush my teeth , work and I haven’t ate all day, I just don’t feel like doing anything my heart hurts so much , I don’t think I can carry on with my life, this cat was a big part of my life, had him for 8 years he slept in my bed every night, woke up with me and I always feed him when I eat, I’m so upset I don’t know if I’m writing in good grammar I’m sorry.
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
NOT YELLING LOW VISION. I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS WITH YOUR PRECIOUS CAT. ACCIDENTS ARE PART OF THIS LIFE ON EARTH. WE FEEL RESPONSIBLE. TRY TO THINK OF YOUR KITTY IN HEAVEN NOW WITH OTHER KITTIES AND FUR BABIES.THESE FIRST HIURS AND DAYS WILL BE DIFFICULT, ALLOW YOURSELF TO GREIVE AND HAVE COMFORT WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU. WE LOST OUR PRECIOUS SPARKY A 29 YEAR OLD COCKATIEL FEATHER BABY NOT REALLY SICK, AN AMAZING PART OF OUR FAMILY HE PASSED DECEMBER 28, 2017. HE WAS BORN 2/14/1988. I GOT HIM AT 6 WEEKS OLD, A SMART SWEET LOVING BABY OF OURS. IT WILL TAKE A WHILE FOR YOU TO FEEL BETTER, I TAKE 1 MINUTE AT A TIME. I DO NOT LIMIT MYSELF TO WHEN I CRY AND SAY PRAYERS FOR SPARKY EVERY DAY. PLEASE EAT AND SLEEP AND SURELY YOUR MOM AND BROTHER WILL BE A COMFORT. CALL YOUR DOCTOR AND LET HIM/OR HER KNOW. BLESS YKU
JOAN AND JIM SPARKY'S MOMMY AND DADDY.

Quote 0 0
Lonelyhouse
Thank you everyone’s for your reply, I just can’t stop thinking of his last final days I didn’t see him much as I was busy working, and last image of his eye pop out as he was lying dead, I always struggled with sleeping and now my cat no longer be side me in my. Bed I won’t be able to sleep, I don’t want to go to the doctor and try to get a sleeping pills as they wouldn’t understand my sadness and struggle losing a pet, my cat was the only cat I went to when I was sad and he always purr and loved me and ask nothing in return. I just can’t beating my self thinking I shoulda spent more time with him, never thought he would did this way, if he went from natural causes like ilnness or old age but not ran over like this way, every time I close my eye that image pop up, don’t know who to talk to, I don’t think il ever feel the same again.
Quote 0 0
Twocats2love
I called my doctor and asked for ‘something’ to help me. The nurse was a pet lover, and understood my loss. They only gave me a small amount of pills and suggested I go to a therapist. I thought about a therapist, but are there therapists who deal with pet loss? I googled them and only found support pages, so here I am. It helps.

I am so sorry you experienced that and your last moments are so awful. I found my cat dead and I too can’t get the image out of my head.

Hugs honey. Call the doctor.
Kitty lover
Quote 0 0
Lonelyhouse
I just miss him so much I can’t sleep, I slept for 2 hours and had the dream that he was ran over and I re lived the same moment all again, this makes me want to avoid sleeping all together, don’t have a doctor appointment for another 6 days I don’t think il be able to sleep those 6 days without any sleeping pills, I don’t know if feeling severely depress is a normal thing, only thing I ate since he died was 4 toast, it causing me so much problemss, I don’t think Doctor will understand my suffering and this place is literally my last hope I searched all over google for help
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Lonelyhouse, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure the images from finding him are very hard to endure. So is the terrible pain from grief.

Everyone is different, but yes, those emotions can affect the tummy, lead to not sleeping, depressed feelings, and a world of struggle. Most everyone here understands how much you love your cat and how devastated you feel.  The pain is enormous. 

Could you call an urgent care place and see whether they might be able to help you this week?

Hang in there. The first few days are the absolute worst. I'm so sorry you're suffering so much and I hope things start to ease.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Please hang in there, it will get better. Maybe look at photos of your cat alive and happy before you go to sleep? I know this might make you cry more, but I think your cat would want you to remember him/her alive, not the awful image that keeps replaying in your mind.
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
Lonelyhouse wrote:
Thank you everyone’s for your reply, I just can’t stop thinking of his last final days I didn’t see him much as I was busy working, and last image of his eye pop out as he was lying dead, I always struggled with sleeping and now my cat no longer be side me in my. Bed I won’t be able to sleep, I don’t want to go to the doctor and try to get a sleeping pills as they wouldn’t understand my sadness and struggle losing a pet, my cat was the only cat I went to when I was sad and he always purr and loved me and ask nothing in return. I just can’t beating my self thinking I shoulda spent more time with him, never thought he would did this way, if he went from natural causes like ilnness or old age but not ran over like this way, every time I close my eye that image pop up, don’t know who to talk to, I don’t think il ever feel the same again.
Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY. PLEASE LET US KNOW. SENDING BIRDIE PRAYERS AND KISSES TOO YOU FROM SPARKY WHO PASSED 62 DAYS AGO OUR COCKATIEL
SPARKY WAS MY COMFORT WHEN I WAS NOT FEELING WELL, CHRONIC SEVERE ARTHRITIC PAIN.
IT IS ENORMOUS HURT THAT WEIGHS ON US AND WILL BE EASED EVENTUALLY.
WE HOPE YOU ARE TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR MOM AND BROTHER ARE THERE.

DID YOU FIND OUT WHO WAS THERE WHEN THIS HAPPENED.

BLESSI GS AND PRAYERS FROM JIM AND I. PLEASE UPDATE US WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO.
JOAN AND JIM
SPARKY'S MOMMY AND DADDY
Quote 0 0