tracyg
hi all
ive been through a terible time this week grieving for my fur baby cat jake  , he was knocked down by a car in the middle of the street were i live just a cross my road and was killed. someone saw what happened but the person who was driving just sped off and never stopped. i and my family have been through hell and back we have suffered terrible pain because of this and we miss him so much its unbearable. he was very much me and was such a loving baby. he was 8yrs old. he barely went near the front of the house until  my neighbour had a hole in her porch were he kept getting through and jumping on our window sill to get in he never went near the road really he used to just go round in circles till last friday he was on the road. we have felt very guilty knowing this was happening and it ended his life.  my hubby feels guilt because he had already let him in and second time round he never made it home. he was so special to me and i am finding it hard with him not being around. i do have another 4 cats but one of them which was his best mate seems to of gone very quiet i feel he is missing him too. my heart aches so much and i havent stopped crying since he died.
Quote 0 0
Brooksey776
I'm so sorry for your loss .. Prayers and well wishes sent your way . It's tough . It's really tough . Remember there's no wrong way to grieve , no time limit on bereavement . I found this place yesterday and have found talking about it and reading other posts gives me a sense of normalcy . That my grieving isn't over obsessive or inappropriate and you should know the same. I googled how to cope from a loss of a pet and grieving over a pet and have found a wealth of info . It's hard .. I'm so sorry we are going through this .. I still believe my overwhelming mourning is worth the 18 yrs I've known my doggie Stormy . I've made a decision to give her peace tomorrow at the vet due to long illness . I still have to get through tomorrow and after but have been grieving for months . I'm exhausted . I'm sorry to hear about your fur baby Jake . He's at peace and I hope you too find peace just remember its ok to mourn your way .... Blessings :)
Quote 0 0
tracyg
sorry to hear of your dog i do understand how you are feeling i also had a dog 4yrs ago who was a big age but he accidently broke his hip falling off the sofa and i had to have him put to sleep. like you i had been grieving before he died because he was starting to lose his bowel movements and also had a cateracts on his eyes. so  i was also grieving in away because i new that time was going to come. i feel for you today and my thoughts are with you too. i know the feeling of being knackered i have cried all week and the tears are hard to come but my heart misses jake so much.
its doesnt matter what pet you have it never gets easier but we never forget the love we had for them an d certainly will never forget them ever.
if you wont to vent with me that would be nice because we both feel the same and will help us both. im here for you too.
tracy
Quote 0 0