Wolfsrule16
My cat got diagnosed with oral cancer this morning...there is nothing the vet can do to treat it. We are keeping her comfortable till she is no longer eating (thats what the vet recommend) he said it will probably only be a few weeks. Im not ready to say goodbye!! Its not fair,she is only 8 years old :(
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
I am so sorry! It isn't fair , 8 is so young, you are doing your best for her by keeping her comfortable while she has quality of life
Spend as much time as you can with her, cater to her every whim...having suffered the loss of my best friend, the feline love of my life 13 months ago I can tell you that I and many others here would give anything for 5 more minutes with our beloved companions

I have another cat 13 and a half years old I'm treating for lymphoma with chemo... Told that it may go into remission for a year or two but one never knows. Cancer seems to sneak up on cats , they are so good at hiding anything that's wrong, there are so,few options for treatment and pain management

All we can do is focus on their comfort and needs, what is best for them, not us.

Diana

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
camunki
hi I am sorry for what you are going thru. But stay positive, you don't know how long your baby will live, it can be longer than weeks,
maybe even months. A friend of mine, her dog was diagnosed with kidney failure, and the vet told her to put the dog down. My friend
did not or was not ready for this, and her dog lived another 11 months!! see sometimes miracles can happen. I wish you the best
thru this difficult time.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I don't know how you feel about trying an alternative remedy, but I have been finding out info about "Life Gold" a supplement for pets with cancer. I think it is based on the Essiac tea...

There is more info on this website:
http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/cat-cancer#description
and Life Gold can be ordered also from the same site.

reviews are very encouraging.

I would have definitely tried this with my dog who passed from hemangiosarcoma, but that was over 3 years ago now and I hadn't heard of this then.

Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Spookysmon
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat's diagnosis.

I lost my baby girl in 2013, from oral cancer.  I didn't even know she was sick. I only found out when I took her in for a routine visit to take out a bad tooth. I was devastated, she was never sick at all in the 18 years I had her. The vet said the same thing to me, however, I started feeding her by a eye dropper, baby food which helped her for awhile.

I too, have heard about Essiac herbal tea, as Mistysmama wrote about below.  I even tried it, but Katrina's cancer was too advanced to help.

I spent every waking moment that I could with her, right up to the end. Keep her comfortable and cherish the time you have.

I will keep you both in my prayers.

Kitty (Spooky and Katrinka's Mom)

Quote 0 0
ajarroz
I am so very sorry to hear about your sweet cat. It's an impossible thing to be able to grasp news such as that. My sweet little love, Binx (10 yrs) was too diagnosed when he had a tooth removed after swelling. Unfortunately, we made the decision to say our final goodbyes yesterday and it was the hardest decision and day for my entire family.

I was angry when I found out my boy was only 10 so I feel for you and your baby.

As far as I can tell, there's not much I've found to make it easier but I found it does help to really soak in the time you have. All of our time here is fleeting but when you know a loved one is sick, it provides you the unique opportunity to really be in the moment and appreciate it. Enjoy the back scratches, late night cuddles and loud boastful meows for how wonderful and special they really are. Just doing that will help ease your pain in the long run, at least I hope... It has for me.
Quote 0 0
isabellemybelle

Sorry to hear this! My cat Elliott had what we thought was an injury to his tongue back in December. I thought it was healing but then he started having trouble eating and drooling a lot. We finally tested him last week and it came back positive. I had to put him down yesterday. I am completely devastated and miss him so much. I spent the weekend loving him as much as I could. But it boggles my mind how he got cancer in the first place. I miss my boy!

12744125_10207656001371855_1638610845654160198_n.jpg 

Quote 0 0
Sasha
My car was only 3 and on Feb 5th I took him to the vet because he was off form. He was treated with antibiotics, 3 different ones and he was nit picking up, he had a constant high fever. On 13th Feb had to rush him to emergency hospital where they kept him over for fluids. He came home on 14th with a diagnosis of FIP wet form which is a death sentence. Had to put him to sleep on Feb 20th and I'm finding it so hard. Enjoy whatever time you have left with her and take care of yourself.
Annette
Quote 0 0