Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #16 
I’m so happy you’ve been able to continue with Nala’s comfort first in mind,,,,,

Reply with quote  #17 
Hello Tankie, I think I am going to have to make the decision soon to let my Nala's spirit fly free. The tumor has turned black on the inside, which means that the tissue is dead. It has formed 2 ulcerating holes. And earlier this week I discovered a new extension of the tumor, it was leaking blood and pus. I keep having to increase her pain medications, just so she will feel comfortable enough to get out of bed and eat and drink.
KrazyBoutCatz

Reply with quote  #18 
I came home and she was awake, alert, and wanting treats . . . I think I am going to delay making a decision that I can't take back.
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #19 
Orly you’ve been doing wonderful. This is an intensely emotional decision, I know you will, as always, be thinking of Nala’s comfort first.
You’re right you can’t take it back. Looking back with regrets would be as harsh as the physical loss of your beautiful Nala. You know her best. I’m wishing you much comfort and wisdom. Thank you for including me in your journey,,,,,

Reply with quote  #20 
KrazyBoutCatz,

Caring for a sick fur baby, is very hard and emotional.  And, just like Tankie12 said "you've been doing wonderful..".  Take care of yourself...,so, you can continue caring for your sweet Nala.  From personal experience, Tankie12 - plus another forum member - "accompanied" me through a medical ordeal with one of my fur babies.  My medical knowledge is limited, but, I will keep you in my prayers.  
DAWN_ANGELmom

Reply with quote  #21 
I am so glad Nala has you for her mom. It is truly heartwarming how much you love, care for her and tend to her needs. You're an angel :)
Hope Nala feels ok. Wishing you both peace and strength at this difficult time.
May God be with you.
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #22 
Thinking about you Orly and your beloved Nala🕊,,,,,

Reply with quote  #23 
I am heartbroken to report that my sweet brave girl Nala got her angel's wings yesterday.
DAWN_ANGELmom

Reply with quote  #24 
I'm so sorry for your loss. She is young again though, healthy and happiest she has ever been. You did the right thing. Most compassionate thing you could ever do for her. She was in too much pain and suffering.
KrazyBoutCatz

Reply with quote  #25 
It is with deep sadness, that I report that my vibrant and beautiful Nala got her angel's wings Tuesday, November 6th, at 5:35 PM EST. Her spirit was strong to the end. She experienced a severe bout of pain about 2 hours before the hospice veterinarian's arrival, and thankfully, I had one last double dose of her oral buprenorphine on hand to ease her pain. I noted shortly thereafter that the tumor had begun to bleed again. : (

The hospice veterinarian arrived as scheduled at 5:00 PM EST. I had decided in advance, that I would play a Kenny G instrumental album, since it would relax both Nala and I, as she was used to hearing it.

Although Nala had been resting the majority of the day, she suddenly decided, right when the vet arrived, that she REALLY needed to have some treats! The vet and I observed in amusement as my sassy Siamese calico went to work on a small bowl of dry treats I had set out for her earlier. Then, Nala proceeded to drink from not 1, but 2 separate water bowls, taking her sweet time at each one! I felt like she was declaring, "When I leave this Earth, I am doing it on MY terms." Which is TOTALLY her!!

After Nala finished eating and drinking, the vet gave her a dose of a strong sedative injection. Nala immediately went to the sliding glass door and stared at it, to show that she wanted to be outside on the enclosed patio.

I opened the sliding door, and Nala darted outside. I quickly picked her up, and settled her comfortably on my lap, on a soft towel, as the sedative started to take effect.

Her body relaxed as she became less aware of the pain. I don't think she was even aware of the vet shaving a tiny patch of fur off of one of her front legs to access her vein. It saddened me, to see her so vulnerabIe. I tried to not cry, because I didn't want her to sense my negative energy, but I couldn't help it. I pray that she wasn't aware of it.

The vet then used a very thin needle and slipped it into her vein. She then slowly injected the drug that would free her spirit back into the Universe. It worked in less than 30 seconds. The vet verified with her stethoscope that Nala's heart had completed its final beat.

I am very blessed to have a very understanding manager, who has 2 dogs of his own. And a work family who amongst us all has horses, cats, dogs, and birds. Without hesitation he found someone to cover my work shift today, so I could have time to come to terms with this immense loss.

I am so grateful to everyone on the forum who has provided me with many listening, non-judmental ears, and bravely shared their own personal experiences of pet loss.

Namaste.

KrazyBoutCatz

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWN_ANGELmom
I'm so sorry for your loss. She is young again though, healthy and happiest she has ever been. You did the right thing. Most compassionate thing you could ever do for her. She was in too much pain and suffering.
KrazyBoutCatz

Reply with quote  #27 
Thank you DAWN_ANGEL mom. Knowing I did right by her unfortunately doesn't reduce the sting of her loss . . . Only time can heal this . . .
DAWN_ANGELmom

Reply with quote  #28 
Yes. I know. Going through the same. Although repeating to myself in my head that she is better off in heaven amazingly lessened my pain. No more pain, suffering, loneliness, medications, force feeding, syringe broth forcing....

Just keep reminding yourself that she is better off in heaven than in her body here on earth that caused her so much suffering lately.

My condolences nonetheless (((hugs)))
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyBoutCatz
I am heartbroken to report that my sweet brave girl Nala got her angel's wings yesterday.

Orly, hugs😔,,,,,

Reply with quote  #30 
KrazyBoutCatz,

I'm truly sorry for your loss of Nala.  No words, just many hugs.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.