Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
DJH

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my beautiful boy Friday January 4th. From the day before he passed (we had made the decision the day before to let him go) to the present I haven't stopped crying. Friends don't seem to understand the grief my wife and I are dealing with. It's like they think we should have moved on by now. I can't sleep don't want to eat and really don't want to be around anyone at this time.  There is a part of me that says your a man suck it up and move on but, I can't everything reminds me of him. I look around the house for him knowing he's gone. The house feels so cold and empty. I am so heart broken I can't stand it. The pain is so raw. I just want to stay in bed and sleep. I feel emotionally drained and miss him so much !!

Reply with quote  #2 
Yes I feel so drained emotionally and heavy. Everything is just dark . I miss my Leo Cat so much. Big hugs as I know how very hard this is.
DJH

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you !! Hugs to you as well !!

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJH
I lost my beautiful boy Friday January 4th. From the day before he passed (we had made the decision the day before to let him go) to the present I haven't stopped crying. Friends don't seem to understand the grief my wife and I are dealing with. It's like they think we should have moved on by now. I can't sleep don't want to eat and really don't want to be around anyone at this time.  There is a part of me that says your a man suck it up and move on but, I can't everything reminds me of him. I look around the house for him knowing he's gone. The house feels so cold and empty. I am so heart broken I can't stand it. The pain is so raw. I just want to stay in bed and sleep. I feel emotionally drained and miss him so much !!

I lost my boy on Wednesday of last week and every single word you wrote is how I feel so I can relate and understand not only your grief, but your every raw emotion - prayers to you 

Reply with quote  #5 
I am so sorry for your loss... My thoughts and prayers go out to you..

Reply with quote  #6 
He’s beautiful Danny. I’m so sorry, I know how raw you feel.
It all felt surreal to me the first week, than the damn burst. I did stay in for quite awhile, I had no desire to be around others or seek their sympathy. I knew the majority couldn’t possibly understand how epic the loss was to me. And it’s true most people don’t.
My kids are grown and Tankie was my other kid, who died. How could they possibly understand she means that much.
Not here. You’ve found hundreds of others who feel that same way. You’re not alone so come as often as you like and keep writing about him it helps being heard by people who care,,,,,

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you for the kind words. I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep coming back here to share and keep the memory of my boy alive...Thanks again !!
Take care

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJH

DJH. I get it. It's been three weeks for me. And I've cried every day. I can't stop. My wife is dealing with it better than I am.

My Peanut was my daughter. She did everything with me. I know its silly to think a 9lb terrier could have a 200lb man wrapped around her little paw, but she did.

But I have a good friend. He told me it does take a man to acknowledge and address his emotions. Ignoring them is easy to do.

Cry. Acknowledge it. It's okay.
DJH

Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you for the kind words. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Peanut. Yes I totally understand how Peanut had you wrapped around her little paw. Sammy was the same way he had me wrapped around his little paw. Sammy was a special needs dog who we adopted when he was 4 months old. So, although he had several medical issues we were lucky enough to have him for 14 years.. I agree with what your friend told you about the emotions. I know we both have to go through this grieving process and it's going to be a tough road. My thought and prayers go out to you.
Take care of your self !!

Reply with quote  #10 
Please take care of yourself. Reach out if you need to vent
tthorne

Reply with quote  #11 
Hi there
I wanted to tell you how sad and how I feel your pain,  I lost both of my Labradors in the space
of nine days between them and that was only a few months ago.
I think the grief is like wading through treacle and I can understand what you men by not wanting to get out of the bed I was the same and still am a bit.
You need to do what you need to do for yourself and not worry about what others think about your grieving time .   People kept saying to me time helps but I didn't believe them time does help in a  managing  the grief .   You will find that slowly things will ease a little but it doesn't ditract from the love you feel for your pet. ( That my friend will never change )
This website really helped me get through so I am hoping this will help you
Keep writing how you feel down !!
Try and do something nice for you and your wife even if its just a little treat !
Take care
Tina x

Reply with quote  #12 
Lost my gitl on 25.11 and i am crying since than almost daily. I feel such a burdeon, i try to act normal at work,at home,but than it heats me..i cry when i enter home,or when eating,brushing theets,watching a movie,the guilt and pain of loosing her after 15 years its too muxh for me,i became a mess inside,trying to hide it from outside world, but its so hard. I understand how you feel, nothing prepered ùs for this pain. So..i dont have a solution..nothing helps me feel better or find piece. I know i did everything i could,but i cannot find piece with myself, feel guily of not being able to save her,putting her to sleep,etc. My house is empty without her and so is my heart. There is not a feeling better receipt, everybody here finds piece on their own way. Personally i cannot do it and dont know if i will ever will.
DJH

Reply with quote  #13 
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you..

Reply with quote  #14 
Im going thru the same thing  just lost my best friend Donner the Reindeer Dog ,,,,,,,,,, hang in there   Fred

Reply with quote  #15 
I'm soooo sorry for your loss...You take care !!
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.