msweet13 Show full post »
Tankie12
My friend, you know how I’ve been waiting for this day to come. I’m just beyond happy for you!! Oh you Know your Beloved Brutis was guiding your way to Gideon and his spirit sure is showing him around his home! He fell asleep on Brutis’s stone? awww🐾☺️
Denise, I think we will grieve forever because we will always long for our babies. Even when we feel the warmth of their sweet spiritual bodies we long for them physically. We are human, physical, all about “touch” Brutis knows this, he’s been that little nudge guiding you. I told you awhile back I’ll be living “vicariously” through you, I think all of us who’ve come to know and love sweet Brutis and you will be thrilled to get to know Gideon as well. Big hugs girlfriend😚,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Denise,

I am so so happy for you hearing of sweet little Gideon .... I think it is quite obvious that Brutus is having and eye on both of you. Even tho you will forever miss your beloved Brutus you also so much deserve new love and new joy and happiness in your life. I am very sure that also Brutus is happy now.

Many hugs
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
AZTiger98
Denise,

So happy to hear of Gideon! I hope he is bringing you much joy and happiness. Not to replace Brutus, but to follow in his footsteps in his own way.
David

Daddy to beloved fur baby Stormy
08/2003 - 05/19/18
Stormy’s Residency https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/STORM059/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest heart Brutus - Yesterday was another Cryday Friday and 21 weeks since the angels took you home. I was not feeling well--getting over a summer cold--or I would have written to you yesterday. But I was thinking of you as I always do, every day I think about you. To this day, I cannot talk about you without breaking down. Yes Gideon is keeping me busy and it is a big adjustment because he has a different personality than you did--which is good in some ways and bad in others. There is no mistaking that Gideon is NOT you so it makes it easier to adjust to another puppy. I had a really bad day a couple days ago--I was walking Gideon and found myself saying "Let's go see the pond Bru." You loved looking at the pond and I remembered one winter when you stepped on the ice over the pond and fell in---what a time that was!! For the rest of the day I could not stop crying--God how I miss you. Gideon does not seem to like bye-bye rides as the last couple of times we went to the vets he got so worked up he threw up all over Aunt Diane!! The vet said he may get motion sickness so the next time I have to take him somewhere, I will give him motion sickness medicine to keep him calm. I use to love taking you every where with me because you loved bye-bye rides and were so good sitting in the car with me. I am going to have to change things whenever I need to take Gideon anywhere which is an added stress I need to get used to. I am hoping he grows out of it as he is only 9 weeks old. Brutus--please watch over Gideon and give him some of your calmness and comfort him when he starts to feel anxious. God how I miss you my sweet beautiful boy. Mommy loves you to the moon and back again.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Denise☺️I’m happy you’re feeling a little better, summer colds rot!
It’s an adjustment, it’s different. Especially when after 13+yrs you’re used to *adult* behavior. And from such a perfect guy, like your sweet Bru💞 This lil punkie poo Sport got car sick also the first several car rides. I’ve Never had a car sick dog and it’s miserable for us both. He out grew it, thankfully! All the other throws of puppy’s we forgot so long ago revisited on us in a different lil body and soul. When I was asked once about Sport and my reply was “EH!” My Vet friend said (in her Mississippi accent I can just hear!) ‘We can’t wait for them to grow up than we wish they were puppies again’ True, but my response was “shush”
Btw, pictures?! 😚
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Denise ♡

I enjoy reading your letters to Brutus, sharing memories and talking about Gideon ♡ You reminded me of a memory of Teddy when you mentioned your Brutus stepping onto the iced over pond and falling in, I smiled because Teddy did the same thing back in 2012. He walked onto the very edge of the iced over pond, it broke, he fell in, and I quickly got him out, and warmed him up, poor baby. Thank you for sharing your memories of your sweetness Brutus.

As Lynn said it’s an adjustment ♡ when you’re so use to adult/senior dog behavior and now to a little rambunctious puppy ♡ I pray that’s Gideon will grow out of being car sick, to feel more comfortable with car rides, so both you and Gideon can enjoy car rides like you and your baby Brutus did. ♡ hugs
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
Denise,
Just checking with you to see how little Gideon is adjusting.  I think about you and your Brutus often and hope you and Gideon are bonding.  I know Brutus is your angel now watching over you and leading Gideon to do what it takes.  
Hugs

Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
msweet13
My dearest heart Brutus - I have not written in a while but make no mistake, you have been in my thoughts and heart each and every second. Even though I have a new furbaby, it has not taken me off the path I am on with respect to my incredible difficulty dealing with the loss of you from my world. I still cry every morning and every night from the sheer missing of you. 

ithougtaboutyou.jpg 
Mommy loves you to the moon and back again.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Brutus von Dolce is your Beloved Heart Dog and your first baby, nothing can come between the love you share, nothing,,,,,
Quote 0 0
msweet13
My beautiful boy Brutus - Tomorrow will be 6 months (half a year) since you went with the angels to be in heavenly peace. And I am still here...even though on that day a huge part of who I was disappeared...vanished...never to be seen again. I lost my muse...that special inspiration that kept my creative mind moving creating beautiful things and words. And I still cry oceans of tears even though each time I felt as if I had no tears left to cry. Yesterday while getting ready to take my precious Gideon for a walk, I caught myself saying "Are you ready" which brought back memories of my saying that to you as we were getting ready to go bye-bye. You were so impatient to go that you would pace up and down with your favorite baby, mallard duck, and shake him as it was his fault we were not walking out the door and into the car. And when I didn't move fast enough, you would drop mallard duck, and continue to pace back and forth, talking all the while to make me hurry. When I was finally ready to go, I would say "are you ready?" and you would jump for joy and scramble to pick up mallard duck and beat me to the door. After saying that to Gideon who did not respond-as he is just a baby-I stood in silence and wept. I wept for a long time and found myself saying, "he is so not you!" And then I hugged Gideon, still weeping, and told him it is not his fault and I do not expect him to be like his big brother Brutus, but just the same--knowing the difference and feeling it head-on is a jolt to the heart strings. God how I miss you my sweet beautiful boy!! Thank you for sending butterflies--I will try very hard to see the beauty of the world again that you send to me--and to let it in the dark places. You always managed to make me smile and feel joy--I need to let you do that more often!! Thank you for keeping close to Gideon--he DOES sometimes do things that you would do--and I DO find myself smiling and feeling you near us. Mommy loves you to the moon and back again.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Denise you’ve never lost your ‘muse’ . Every time you write to your beloved Brutus the words are beautiful, descriptive, and paint a vibrant picture of love, and loss, of joy and sorrow. Your muse flows in words you never wished for, but have no doubt Denise, Brutus is your muse, he was, is, and always be your inspiration. Big hugs,,,,,
Quote 0 0