Emmawoot33
We lost our girl Braylee yesterday. She was 12, and we had to rush her to the emergency vet and got the worst news possible. It was unexpected, and the worst day of my life. I knew I would be sad when this day came, but I was totally unprepared for how much this hurts. I spent all of yesterday and today falling apart. This is different than any other grief I have experienced because I can't escape it. Everywhere and every thing I do reminds me of it. All I do is cry. Tomorrow I go back to work and I have no idea how I'm going to make it through it.
Quote 0 0
CeeCeesMom
Hi Emmawoot33, I'm so sorry about your Braylee.  It's terrible losing a beloved fur baby and also terrible when it happens so unexpectedly.  Everyone here knows the pain of losing a loved one and will sympathize with you.  It may help to read some of the postings here, and to continue posting here and maybe also keep a journal.  I wish I could give you some really great advice about how to make it through the workday when grief is so fresh and raw.  If you have a sympathetic co-worker who you can confide in that might help make the work day more bearable.  I hope you work with a good group of people who will be sympathetic and understanding. 

CeeCeesMom 
Quote 0 0
Gmr
What a beautiful dog. I am so sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
Dobbysmom21
What a beautiful pup...we lost ours Friday...it's terrible so many memories and the companionship ...our boy was 12 too
Quote 0 0
Gucci
Emmawoot33 - What a sweet, sweet face on Braylee! I have no doubt she was loved with all your heart, and now your heart is breaking. All of us on this forum understand what that's like and are helping each other out as we traverse this terrible loss.

Is there any way you can take some time off work?? It's so exhausting trying to hold it together, and depending on your work situation, very difficult to manage when your mind cannot detach from the tremendous and devastating loss you've just suffered. 

This is a wonderfully supportive community. After losing my beloved cat Sammi 6 weeks ago after he was struck by a car, it was comfort for my shredded heart. Sending you my deepest sympathies for the loss of your beloved Braylee.
Gucci
Quote 0 0
Emmawoot33
Thank you for the support everyone. It turns out being at work was actually easier than being home. Coming back home on the other hand was like a punch to the gut.
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
I am sorry, She was a a beautiful girl.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
Awe so cute sorry for your loss I know how hard it is hugs to you
Liz
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
I feel the same. I hope this forum can help us both but after reading story after story I feel like it keeps opening up my pain because the stories are so similar to mine. My baby girl go sick about 2 weeks ago and I started crying before we where even separated and haven't stop. I had to euthanize her on Monday. I'm still crying.
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
So sorry Kiki I've been up since 4am reading posts & crying I'M just getting ready to take my female down to have teeth cleaned & good work done.sending hugs
Liz
Quote 0 0
LizAnn
That was blood work oops...it made me SICK to go to the vet thismorning but nothing I can do I have to take care of Cherokee she's 15..i live in the fear EVERY day what will happen to her now she was looking all over for Apachee thismorning..its been a awefull. The pain is excruciating. God Bless Hugs to all who are enduring such heartache.
Liz
Quote 0 0