sadtolosemydog
Hi

I have never been on anything like this before,....but some lovely friends suggested we look at this site. We lost our lovely dog over a month ago he was a lab/rotti cross, and just can't seem to get over losing him.  He slipped a disc overnight and was paralysed very quickly.  The vet came and they were very very kind but advised us to have our lovely dog put to sleep :( This all happened within 12 hours and he was only 5 years old.  He was the centre of our life and so lovely and kind... I perhaps wrongly regarded him as my 3rd baby (having had a daughter and a son) but we have his ashes in a box on the fire place, his water bowl in the kitchen and his last half chewed bone on the mantle piece.... is there something wrong with us?  I have dealt with human death, and have managed.  I do not seem to be able to deal with Moussies death as well.  I am well aware he was part of our family.... how do ppl get thro
Quote 0 0
BanditsMom
Very sorry to hear this. I considered my previous dogs and current dog as my children. I have none, but when I do I'm sure I will still consider my dogs my children.

I certainly don't think there is anything abnormal about this. I practically have a shrine built for my dog, and will soon be making an area for my beagle who just passed yesterday. I put his things in ziplock bags so they lose their scent more slowly. I got a clip of his hair after he passed. And I spent more than many people can imagine trying to save his life - and don't regret it.

The only human death I have dealt with is my grandfather, and I believe that was a little easier. He lived a good life, past the average age expectancy, and towards the end of it he started to suffer. When he died he was out of the pain. I knew he would be passing soon and I was able to say goodbye, I love you. And he knew it was his time to go, and was okay with it.

I take Bandit's death harder because it was unexpected. Because I thought he had many years left to live. Because I was not there in the final moments to say goodbye. Because he was a dog and unable to see why, in the last few days of his life, I left him in a hospital with strangers.

I am far from over grieving. I was able to do it with my first dog and childhood best friend, but this one is different, because I feel as if it wasn't his time to go, and with your baby being so young you seem to have this issue too.

I love seeing pictures of everybody's dog, so if you have any I'd love to see your boy.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I am so very sorry for the loss of your Moussie. Don't even expect to heal right now, just go with the flow of these emotions. It is very deep, our love for them. The pain when they are gone is tremendous.
But hold on to the love, even through the pain, because that will see you through.

I have loved many people and animals all in different ways in my life, but my love for my girl Misty was the strongest love I have ever known.
My heart goes out to you X
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
I am so sorry for the loss of your darling boy.  I don't think we ever get over our babies loss when they go to the Rainbow Bridge.  The grief doe's improve with time but we never stop missing them my friend.
At the moment your grief is so raw my friend, don't be so hard on yourself you need this time to grieve 
We all are here for you x
Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
notfair3
I'm so glad I stumbled across your post. I too lost my young 3 year old frenchie, he was the love of my life and I'm lost without him. I'm devastated that he was so young and within a week he was gone... Just like that. Here healthy and happy one day,gone the next. I have an older dog, which has been failing for some time now (old age stuff). I had been preparing for his passing and had somewhat accepted it, but my 3 yr old frenchie, I was never expecting. I'm not doing well at all, I can't look at his pictures, can't talk about him without getting depressed and crying.We put him down on 4/6. I thought I'd have much more time with him, he had knee surgery last year and this was going to be his first summer being active with a healthy knee. It kills me. I've had other dogs and loved them all, but never have I experienced a bond like I had with him, he was my shadow and was with me all day ( I work from home).
I feel your pain, nothing hurts more deeply then loosing a young dog and being robbed of many more wonderful years with him. I'm so lonely now and don't know what to do with myself. I'm also in shock mode, I just don't understand how he can be gone.
He too, suddenly became paralyzed, but it got worst from there, he had spinal cord failure. He then lost most use of front legs and his breathing would have been affected next, I couldn't let him suffer anymore. Today was one of the hardest days, because we got his remains back and saw his paw print and fur.
I miss my boy so much, I don't know I'd this huge hole in my heart will ever get filled again.
Jessie lc Morin
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Moussie.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Love is Love and Grief is Grief- there is no difference.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -
LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please come back and post some pictures so we can get to know him through you.

If you read the beginning of any one of our threads from the first page you will see yourself.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

You Are In My Thoughts.

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
loveme3

Hi I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. I understand exactly how you feel. I had to put my baby to sleep just 3 days ago. 4/15/2013 I feel so sick inside he was only 4.5 yrs old and I tried so many different ways to help him. He was sick in his head with behavioral issues that started when he was a little over a year and just seemed to get worse when he turned 3yrs old. I know that he is now in peace and free from all those fears that haunted him. He saved my life after my husband died and I connected with him like no other dog I've ever had. He was also my shadow. I loved him more the some of my family memebers and treated him as my baby. I have such a huge whole in my heart and life now I'm not sure how to get threw this either. I'm so glad to have found this site and your post. Hugs to you and know that you are normal and not alone. Take care Lori

lori
Quote 0 0