Elly
Cider is so Distraught. She keeps meowing . She woke me up at 4 am , meowing banging cupboard doors ,trying to get in to see if Raven was in there.She keeps wanting to eat,has thrown up.This morning she was actually howling.
I was in tears when we got home from shopping this morning. Raven always was the greeter.She always greeted us by putting her paw up to us when we came in.It just hit me today that she wasn't there .Some things will never be right again .
E. Hickson
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am so sorry. I think she needs time just like we do. It's hard because she can't communicate exactly what she is experiencing and you can't explain to her what happened. She will know that you are distressed. I hope that you can comfort each other.
Quote 1 0
Sampson
Elly,
My deepest condolences on the loss of your Raven. It’s terribly painful losing a beloved fur baby.
My heart is sad for Cider too. Maybe your vet would have some ideas on how to comfort Cider. Otherwise I would pay lots of attention to her now. You can console each other although grieving is hard work. I hope you post again to let us know how you are doing. Take Care,
Sam
Quote 1 0
MichelleKinkaid
I'm so sorry you are experience this sad situation. It is so very heartbreaking. Grief is a consuming emotion and there is no easy answer or template to follow. Both of you are going through it ... sometimes you can be a help to the each other. Hope you will keep us in the loop on how you are doing. Take care.
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 1 0
Jcunnane
Hi Elly,

Sadly, like with yourself it just takes time. Bubbys littermate is still grieving 4 weeks since his passing. Still sleeping on the shirt I last held him in. I’ve just been trying to give her extra love and play with her a bunch. I do say his name to her a lot. I see her looking out the skylights in our kitchen frequently. I never saw her doing this before he had to leave us. It’s like she’s looking for him out there.

I’m sorry I don’t have any quick solution or better advice. It’s a process just like what you and I have to go through. I’m sure they have their good days and bad days like us as well.

Hugs,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 1 0
Elly
It's especially hard for Cinder because she's 19 years old. Raven and Cinder ate together , looked out the window side by side. She's really lost without her buddy.If she isn't doing better by Monday ,I'll take her to the Vets. Not sure how I'll feel going there after Raven being euthanized.

E. Hickson
Quote 0 0
Elly
Thank you to all of you for your kind replies. ,and I'm sorry for everyones losses. Jackie I tried what you said you had done , I talked to Cinder and used Ravens name. Cinder really responds to Ravens name. I'm afraid at 19 years old , Cinder is just finding this loss to difficult though,I hope she survives the loss

E. Hickson
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Hi Elly,

That’s sweet that Cinder responds to Ravens name. Maybe the vet will have some suggestions. I read somewhere that maybe the comfort zone calming diffusers might help. I might get some refills for Lola. I don’t want her just in our bedroom.

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0