Ryoungblood
It has been almost six months since I made the toughest decision, to put my best friend down. Every day I find myself waking up in the middle of the night, and finding no one laying at the end of my bed. People tell me that I need to grow up, get over it, and just move on. I'm 22 years old, have a great job, about to finish school, and have a great girlfriend. Nothing I do helps me heal. I feel so alone and guilty. Guilty that I put him down, guilty I didn't travel with him to the vet. 9:17pm on March 30, 2016 was the last time I hugged him and gave him a kiss goodbye. I feel like that wasn't enough. I haven't eaten since then and I don't find a lot of happiness in things. My family, friends and girlfriend do not understand. Just needed to get this off my chest.

Thank you to those who read this.

-Ryan Y
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Ryan,
When we share an incredible bond like the one you had with your best friend it takes time just to process the loss and then to grieve for your friend. I lost my dog Bailey over 9 months ago and I still miss him every day. My husband and I have adopted a little rescue dog. He is sweet and loving and is really learning to trust again. Even though I love him, he will never replace Bailey. I'm glad you posted here on the forum where we all really "get it" and it helps to be able to communicate with people who understand how you feel. The hole they leave in our hearts never gets filled but with time the beautiful memories will bring a smile to your face. Please be patient with yourself as you go through this difficult time. I am so sorry for your loss!
MJ
Quote 0 0
Jody
Hey Ryan, I am so sorry for your loss of your baby six months ago. I know how you feel. I know it is the worst feeling you can experience. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since my golden died suddenly on me. He was almost seven. He was my soulmate and the first animal I've called my best friend. I know this will not go away without a fight. I know I'll miss him forever! Nothing replaces them. Rocky will always hold that special place in your heart that no one else will have. Writing about it and talking about how you feel is very helpful. I honestly believe this site is saving me. I am happy you found us! Keep writing. Keep talking about it. Grief has no time limit. Just try to give yourself some peace throughout your days. Find ways to celebrate the unconditional love you had. It is truly a gift that an animal brings to our hearts! When you feel up to it, we would love to see a picture of your baby! Rocky will always be by your side watching over you!!! Hugs Ryan...
Jody
Quote 0 0