EthanR
Wednesday my four year old cat Cinnamon passed at the vets. Where I live there are shelters that provide low cost vet service. Wednesday I decided to bring my cat Cinnamon to be seen because for a few days she looked like she hadn't been feeling well and was breathing a bit heavier. My normal vet is closed on Wednesday and I didn't think it was enough to warrant a trip to the ER vet. She was fine a few days before eating, drinking normally and purring before we left for her appointment. By the time the vet saw her she was extremely stressed and having more trouble breathing. When she listened to Cinnamons lungs she could tell she was very sick and told me that with the signs she is exhibiting it could possibly be FIP and that she would not make it past the weekend. The woman I saw suggested that I take her to the ER, she would give me antibiotics, and she gave her an anti nausea shot. As the vet was getting the antibiotics together Cinnamon went downhill very fast, vomitting and thrashing around because of not being able to breathe. I made the decision to have her euthanized because I could tell she was in pain and would not make it very much longer and I didn't want her to suffer. I still can't believe she is gone. She was always a happy healthy cat. I rescued her when she was four months old and she was the sweetest most loving cat. She would follow you around and let it the tiniest meows until you payed attention to her, and she started putting the second you touched her. She always used to love sleeping by my head in the bed. My normal vet ran tests and she had Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which basically means her heart was thicker than normal and there was nothing anyone would have been able to do at this point because her heart was failing. This was just so unexpected and I feel lost without her around.
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Ethan, I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious kitty. It's such a shock to our systems when we have to let them go so suddenly. This forum has been very, very helpful to me. Everyone here understands what you are going through. I hope you will be able to find some peace. Be gentle with yourself
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
ksfrick
Ethan I am so sorry as well.  I can tell you are going through missing all the little things - the tiny meows, the purring.  It's so hard and so hard also to have Cinnamon go so suddenly and too soon.  

Bubba's Mom
Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0
laurasgrafix
Hi Ethan - I am so sorry for your loss, I had to put my precious Hazel down today and am not coping very well. I can't believe she is gone  either.

I don't even want to be here...
Laura Dixon
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Cinnamon. It is such a tragedy when they are so young. The pain is unbearable at times and the shock of them not being around is terrible. I hope you keep posting about her, everyone on this forum is very understanding because we have all been where you are now. 
Quote 0 0
RudyAndDubs
I am so saddened by the loss of your Cinnamon, please take comfort knowing you made the best decision for her with the FIP, I have seen people refuse to make that choice only to bring suffering upon their cat. My cat also passed at the vet from something that started as "just a little sick" so please know that I understand your confusion and pain. It's been 2 1/2 years since I lost my Dubs and it will get easier to cope, and you'll be able to remember all of the wonderful moments you shared. I know it's unfathomable now, but I promise it's true.
Quote 0 0