Maeve Show full post »
Maeve
Hello Diana,

I'm going thru the motions of daily living including taking care of my other dog Maggie but
I'm so spaced out and lost..I feel like there will always be a cloud of sadness,emptiness and
guilt surrounding me...
Thank you for thinking of me...it's much appreciated..

Maeve
Maggie Nolan
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Maeve,
For me that zombie feeling lasted at least 3 weeks. It was incredibly hard to eat and sleep. Be easy on yourself. 💜
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Maeve,
I understand. Like Rookiesmama mentioned regarding the 1st 3 weeks I was a wreck and completely useless. Actually, since Millie's passing I am still having trouble concentrating and on this new job my heart is not invested and I am making so many mistakes. I feel detached from everything, probably out of fear of getting hurt once I start pouring my heart and soul back into anything at this point.
My journey has definitely changed my life and so many things that were important before are now highly irrelevant. Lots transitions for sure...Take it slow, very slow.

Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Maeve
Hello friends,

It didn't take us long to adjust to life with our fur balls  when we first got them..
Adjusting to life without them... as our new normal.. is quite another story..

Big Sigh.............

Maeve

Maggie Nolan
Quote 0 0
Maeve
Hello People,

Do you have the ashes of your beloved animals?
How did it make you feel to have them at home?

I already know that I just can't do this,that being, picking up
Conor's ashes from the animal hospital..I'm too freaked out by it.
One of my daughter's will be doing this for me.
It's just so final..............

Maeve

Maggie Nolan
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Hi Maeve,
I have my Rookie's ashes. I'm thankful he's home again with me, but sometimes when I look at his box I almost lose my breath. It is hard to know that's what I have left of his physical body. I know he is everywhere now though, but there's just some days.... I'm not much help, I'm sorry!
Quote 0 0
Maeve
Rookiesmama,

Please don’t apologize.. I just appreciate that
you took the time to reply... This is such a
life altering event.. losing our pups..

Maeve
Maggie Nolan
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Picking up their ashes is so difficult and heartbreaking. It made everything so real and final it was just utter heartbreak. With that being said, I’m glad to have them home with me.
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Yes, the ashes make it final, it makes it real that they are no longer with us in the same form. There is a sense of dread, but I felt more panicked when I didn't have the ashes back yet. Being completely without them in any form was the worst feeling. I had to pick up their ashes myself. It was part of my personal ritual I needed to maintain some semblance of control. I have all 4 of my dog's ashes in their decorative boxes on display. I have their pictures and collars with them. For my 2 girls, my 2 soul dogs, I also bought 2 cremation necklaces. I know that sounds morbid, but they are very beautiful. I have some of their ashes and some of their hair inside and I wear them daily to keep them close to me. I have a different amulet for each of them. You have to find what works for you. Whatever makes you feel comfortable and more secure.
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Jiller
Maeve,
I’m so sorry for your loss of your dog Conor. I lost a dog when I was very young to cancer and just lost my dog Jager to some other medical issues. It’s hard no matter what, but definitely a little harder when you don’t have time to prepare for the death or see them decline.
I’m dreading picking up the ashes as well. I already told my husband he will have to do it. I feel like each day has been getting slightly less painful and I’m so scared that when we get him back it will just set my grief all the way back.
I was driving home from work tonight and was stopped at the stop light that is right next to the vet. I could barely even look in the direction. I knew it was going to hurt. My only saving grace was knowing he is no longer there.
Quote 0 0