GingersMommy
On Sunday, February 14th, Valentine's Day, we picked up our new dog, Precious.  She is a rescue dog, is two years old, and also a poodle.  Precious is finding a brand new place in our hearts, but the wounds of losing Ginger are still fresh.  Although we will dedicate our time to giving this poor, abused doggy a loving home, Ginger can never be replaced.  Precious is apprehensive and fearful of people, but is slowly warming up to us.   However, I still miss the way Ginger snuggled up to me on the couch, the way she gave us unconditional love, and the way she was a faithful, loving companion.  Ginger's time came to go to Rainbow Bridge on 1/20/16 and I will never stop crying for her.  I wish she was still here and now I feel that all we can do is honor her memory by giving this new little doggy the love and care she deserves.  Here is a picture of our new doggy baby. Precious.jpg 
Beverly Lieb
Ginger's Mommy forever
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
What a beautiful girl Precious is. Although she`ll never replace Ginger in your heart, she will certainly find her own place in your family. You are giving Precious a loving home, never to be abused again. You are passing on the cycle of love , I am certain Ginger played her part in bringing Precious to you. Wishing you lots of happiness, Jackie. x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
camunki
what a beautiful thing to do, rescue Precious...you did this for all the right reasons, and as many can say, we never, ever, ever "replace" our pets..........we just expand our heart and give love to another pet in need. I am sure your new baby is giving you comfort and the love that they give back to you. I bet you Ginger is wagging that tail in heaven, saying "mum, thanks for extending the love"........cuz that is what it is!! its about love, never replacement, pure love...............

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
GingersMommy
Dear Jackie and Cam,

Thank you both for the support, approval, love, and understanding you showed me.  Precious is warming up to us, bonding with us, and helping us heal.  There is enough love in our hearts for another doggy and I am also sure that Ginger is wagging her tail and approving.  Thank you again.
Beverly Lieb
Ginger's Mommy forever
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Beverly~ Precious is a beautiful girl who is already looking up saying 'yep...thank you...I am home'. And I believe that Ginger led you to her. You have more love to give-- and I hope that in time-- Precious will be curling up next to you on the couch.  Thank you because you give us all hope that we can find a way to love again:-)  Hugs, Kasey
Quote 0 0
GingersMommy
Hi Kasey,

Precious did curl up to me on the couch today.  I feel like she is acting more and more like Ginger, yet she has her own personality.  I believe that Ginger's soul went into her.  She is letting us pet her and clean her.  There has been no nipping since Sunday.
Beverly Lieb
Ginger's Mommy forever
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Oh that is so good to hear. I agree about Ginger because our heart & soul connections are so strong. I love that Precious already curled up on the couch-- next to you. Keep us all posted. Extra hugs, Kasey
Quote 0 0
GingersMommy
Thank you, Kasey.  Yes, Precious is acting more and more like Ginger.  She is letting us pet her, rub her tummy, and she is curling up to me on the couch.  Thank you for your loving comments.
Beverly Lieb
Ginger's Mommy forever
Quote 0 0
CalumsMommy
I am feeling for you and this sounds like the beginning of a wonderful bond:-)
Best wishes
Calum's Mommy Forever <3 
Quote 0 0
LukeyBoy
Gingers mommy - congratulations. So glad to hear you had the strength to rescue. We have talked about it too, but doesn't seem right yet. I like the idea of rescuing a dog in need, pay it forward. Just remember precious will need time to adjust and lots of love to know she is safe and can trust you, it may take time, but you will bud a special bond with her similar but not the same as the one you have with Ginger.
Quote 0 0
GingersMommy
Thank you Lukey Boy and Callum's Mommy.  We are adjusting well and I miss Ginger terribly.
Beverly Lieb
Ginger's Mommy forever
Quote 0 0