1962suestuff
Buster passed in his sleep last night.  He was in bed with us.  He was 12.  He was so loved.  I am heartbroken.  He will be so missed.  I need help to get through this.
Quote 0 0
tcjayne
I wish I could give you a hug Sue.  I lost my 11 year old Rottweiler mix Annie on Saturday and I can't stop crying. I can't even do some work to try and get on with things because I hurt my back helping carry her out to prepare to be buried by my husband.  My husband's way of dealing with his grief at 75 years of age was to dig her grave all by himself at 8 pm in the back yard - he would not let me help.  I am praying every day and hope that you read my entries under TCJayne.  I will include you in my prayers and hope that each day makes you remember your loss with less sadness and beautiful memories- this is such an unbelievable sadness because we love our pets so much.
Quote 0 0
1962suestuff
Jayne ~ I am still crying.  I am so sorry about Annie.  I know she was wonderful.

Buster was doing great.  We were so not expecting this to happen.  He was great when we got home from a holiday party at 7 last night.  He had his ice cream and was fine.  A couple of hours later he didn't look too good.  We had him at the vet just this past week.  Had xrays and full blood work done and he was in good shape except for arthritis.  So we started Rimadyl.  That made him great. He had a pep in his step and was so happy.  He was always happy though.  I put in him bed with us last night and he was okay.  He moved in the night and this morning at 7, we found that he had passed away.

I loved my dog like a child.  He was a great dog.  Was supposed to be a full bred Cocker, but was 1/4 Golden Retriever according to our vet.  He smiled. 

Well, I have spent the day crying.  Talked to many family members.  We let our kids in college know early this morning.  I know it takes time.  I just miss him. 

Going to donate a ton of food and snacks.  I am a couponer, so have a ton.  Will wait a little while to do this though.  A little too painful.  Haven't touched his toys.  A few are scattered around the house.  I did pick up his ice cream dish.  He has had 1/4 cup of ice cream every night forever.   Cannot believe he is gone.

Quote 0 0
spiritdog
I am so sorry for your loss. I know about the suddenness ....it happened to me too. In a different situation, but 1 minute my dog was trotting down the ER hallway, and a minute later, in my arms he died.....

Take your time with everything, you are in shock and may be for weeks.

So sorry.
"People disappoint, dogs never do" - spiritdog

"You MUST be your pets ADVOCATE, if it doesn't feel right walk away." - spiritdog
Quote 0 0
1962suestuff
Thank you Spiritdog.  Yes, it may take time.  I love your stuff at the bottom about how how dogs never disappoint.

I was better today.  Still cannot touch his stuff.  A basket full of toys, I looked at and covered up.  But I emailed a local animal shelter about the food and toys.  I have so much food since I am a couponer.  I want it all to go to a good place. 

I have Christmas toy that I just got for Buster on Sat.  He loved it.  Shaking my head as I can't believe he is gone.

I also read lots on grief today and found out you shouldn't suppress it.  I did that today and shopped.  I won't do that anymore.  Just let it come out. 

I think me boxing up his food and toys and donating will help. 

I miss him so much though. I thought about how I lay on the floor on Sundays watching football and he would rub his head on my tummy and tickle me.  He just did it tons last Sunday.  How did he die that night?

He was so loved.  I have no guilt.  I just miss him.  Thanks for listening guys.
Quote 0 0
LainieZ
I am right there with you. Even though my Taygon's passing was a hard decision to make I can't wrap my head around that he is gone. My vet says he was 103 in people years and I know he had slowed down. Had a great appetite, happy happy dog. I feel like I have this big hole. My other dog is depressed. I keep hugging him and I just keep crying. I know time is the only thing but then I think I am going to forget. Gotta go cry again . Prayers to all
Quote 0 0
1962suestuff
Lanie ~ yes we lost our beloved dogs on the same day.  Yesterday I tried being busy and was stuffing my feelings.  Last night I read a lot about grief and it was so very helpful.  Today was a much better day for me.  I am still emotional, but it isn't that gut wrenching feeling.

If you email me at suestuff.rocks@gmail.com I will send you the article and the comments.  They were so very helpful.  I think they might be able to help you.

Oh and I completely understand the time in our lives part.  You got Taygon when your kids went off to college.  I just lost Buster when my youngest is a freshman away at college.  So both of my kids are away at school.  Buster was truly my 3rd child and the only one that I was taking care of daily.  We will get through this.
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet precious Babies.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

Grief takes time. It usually takes the whole first year of “firsts” without them to take a true deep breath again. Be kind to yourself. None of this is easy.

I am here for you.

We are all here for you and we care about you and we understand.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                      

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
1962suestuff
It has now been 9 days since Buster left us.  I think I have grieved.  I couldn't go out in public for days.  I am still so sad.  I hate the empty house when I come home from shopping or running errands.  I still see him on our bed lifeless.  I know he is in a better place.  How do you get through missing our best friends?  That is what I don't know how to do.

I miss his smile and I know that not all dogs do that.  He was so special to me.  I  have 2 healthy college kids but then had 2 miscarriages.  Buster was my 3rd child.  Know it sounds a bit silly, but he was.

He was loved by us so much.  Me more than anyone.  He has to know it right?  I know he knew it when he was here.  He was my buddy. 

I miss so many things.  He used to share the extra of my frothed milk in the morning.  Would lick my husbands yogurt cup, would eat a carrot stick when I was making salads for lunch, and so much more.  Would take a nap with me in the afternoon in our bed. 

He had a bed when he was younger, but for most of our lives together, he just slept with us.

He would get tired and come and tell me it was time for him to go to bed.  I would get our bed ready and put him in in.  He would always go to Daddy's side and then would move when we came in.

I miss him so much.  I went to my boot camp tonight for the first time since he passed.  I have many great friends there.  Was given lots of hugs.  Gave a couple huge bags of food and snacks for their wonderful dogs. 

After a few days of crying non stop, I thought it was over.  Now I know it is a long process.

Bless anyone that goes through this.  It is so incredibly hard.  But as my friend said to me tonight at boot camp, it is worth the pain to have had that incredible animal in your life for so long.  ....Just not long enough.
Quote 0 0
1962suestuff
Took about 8 bags full of treats and 4 bags of food to the animal shelter today.  It was hard.  But I did it.  I didn't cry.  I had a huge Iams bin with food.  They said they wouldn't use it since it was opened, but could forward it to a shelter who could.  I have to find out the name of that one, because I have more treats and they should have them.  Anyway, got the Iam's bin back.  Thinking that means something. 

Still sad.  Thinking I should be better.  I pretend to be better.
Quote 0 0