Djangoforever Show full post »
AbbeyRoad52
When I lost my kitty this past October to cancer and I had to have her put down, I had to make the same decision. I decided to bury her in my backyard near a tree that she often laid under when I would take her outside on her leash. My thoughts were that she loved to go outside so much that she should be in her yard where she enjoyed time. She always meowed to go out if it was nice out. I know she's not here, but I honestly think it made me feel better knowing where she is, if that makes sense. I'm not sure I could have left that Vet office without her. I just miss her so much, still. I always will.

My plan now is to get a stone for her, maybe a kitty stage. I'd like something with her name on it. I also plan to plant flowers over her.
Quote 0 0
lettersatlarge
I remember thinking that if my baby ever had to go, I wouldn't want his body or his ashes, because it would be too painful, or it would feel like baggage and unnecessary suffering for me, but the second I knew I had to put him to rest, I sprung for the ashes. I wanted something that could come with me to any home I moved, and I wanted to commemorate him.
Quote 0 0
czyksinthecity
I'm so so sorry for the loss of your friend. We lost our boy on Monday, and the grief is consuming, so I totally understand your pain. We made the decision to have him cremated and have his ashes returned to us. As much as it feels so wrong to not bring him home alive, there is some comfort to me in knowing that he will be in our house, with our family where he belongs.  My brother in law is carving a beautiful wooden box for his ashes, and we're making a memory box for his collar and paw print and other things that we hold dear. 

This is such a personal decision though, and no decision is wrong. I hope you can come to terms with whatever option will bring you the most peace. <3
Quote 0 0
Derynie
I wasn't ready to let my last cat go. When I had to have her put to sleep (due to cancer), I held while she died and had them cremate her so I could keep her ashes. I also have a paw print plaque with her name on it. All of my other cats died at home. They are buried in my parents' back yard. I figure I can hold onto the ashes and if I ever want to let her go, I can bury or spread them somewhere. This is a very personal decision and you can't make a wrong choice. Do whatever your heart tells you.
Quote 0 0
bitgrn
I have had all my babies cremated and have them on a table in my bedroom. I talk to them all the time and it brings me such peace. I have paw prints of 2 of them with their names printed with them. It is a personal decision but I am so glad I have them with me forever.
Cathy
Quote 0 0
Angelduke
Hello,
I know how hard it is to loose a pet as we have recently loss our 9 month old puppy.  We had him cremated and was able to bring his ashes home in a beautiful vase that we have on our mantel, we also have his paw print on a ceramic display.  It brings comfort to us as we feel he is still among us in our home.

Wish you the best in your decision and finding comfort in the process of letting go.

Angelduke
Michelle Pickering
Quote 0 0
Trajan50
Angelduke wrote:
Hello,
I know how hard it is to loose a pet as we have recently loss our 9 month old puppy.  We had him cremated and was able to bring his ashes home in a beautiful vase that we have on our mantel, we also have his paw print on a ceramic display.  It brings comfort to us as we feel he is still among us in our home.

Wish you the best in your decision and finding comfort in the process of letting go.

Angelduke

I feel bad for you losing a puppy so young, what happened?
Quote 0 0
Angelduke
He began having trouble with his hind legs and was not able to walk.  MRI showed he had a large tumor on his spine and it was also beginning to press on his lungs.  They told us no matter what we did he would not see his second birthday.  They said it was highly unusual for this to happen to such a young pup.  He is a pure bred golden and he was becoming an amazing dog.  We had no time to fully experience all he was going to be and no time to get use to loosing him.  Thank you for asking, it's nice to share his life even if short.
Michelle Pickering
Quote 0 0
GayleMG
I've done both with different pets. I think as long as their final resting place is near me, whether it's ashes or a grave, it helps me to find peace. One dog is buried in the back yard. I've had two cats cremated. One kitten died while I was living in a rented house. I didn't want to bury  him and then move away from his resting place, so I buried him on my parents' land. It's not right in my backyard, but it's still a place I can go to.
Beloved One, you were ill, but you were not alone. I was with you. The beloved dead awaited you. You moved from love into love, carrying with you only love. I sent my love to travel with you and open up the way.
Quote 0 0
IncasReturn
I cremated then I could have her ashes back, also if I ever have to move she can come with me, but I believe the ashes are only the physical body and that her spirit and soul is seperate and lives on, capable of reincarnating into a new body in the future.

It depends what your belief's are? Do your human family usually get buried or cremated after death?
Quote 0 0
Louise_tjsmum
I had my baby boy cremated and I had a cast of his paw print done. My reasoning was I couldn't bear the thought of him in the cold ground especially in winter. I know it doesn't sound rational but to me it made perfect sense.He hated being cold. I also want to build my forever home and didn't like the idea of leaving him behind when we moved so I have him in a little box with his name engraved on it sitting on a book case in our bedroom because he slept in our bed. It gives me comfort to know part of him is still with me. I'm so sorry your making this awful decision. I send you so much love
Life isn't measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.
Forever in my Heart - Tj
19/08/04 - 17/04/17
Quote 0 0
jasminbailey
I just wonder what decision you made for your baby? I want to exhume and cremate my baby, but I’m afraid of making wrong decision 
Jasminbailey
Quote 0 0