Forum

Author   Comment  
Sandysmom

Reply with quote  #1 
As some of you may know, my cat, Sandy, has terminal mammary cancer.  Since we both agreed to stop the chemo, her oncologist gave me pain med to administer to her if she shows signs of discomfort or pain. The med is Buprenex┬« (buprenorphine) and was dispensed in oral syringes dosed according to her weight. It doesn't have to be swallowed but is absorbed through the gums or cheek tissue.  I've done a lot of research on it.  A quick Google search provides a lot of info.  This was just one:  http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=2182&S=1&SourceID=52

But I don't have any personal feedback from anyone who's either used it or is familiar with it.

Can anyone here help me with this? Thanks in advance.

nukepr

Reply with quote  #2 
Our cat has terminal mammary cancer and we have been giving her Buprenex for about two months.  It is a blessing for her, because it clearly makes her feel better.  Our vet cautioned us that the medication might produce constipation, so we give her a hairball preventive laxative to combat this. Otherwise, there has been no adverse reaction.  We give her a dose every 12 hours, and within a few minutes of the dose, she is playful and energetic, back to her normal, pre-cancer self.  We have not seen any adverse side effects. Please give your baby the medication. It makes her feel better, and gives her a better life for the short time she has left.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.