Buddysmama Show full post »
Buddysmama
Oh Buddy
How can you really be gone? Things are crazy right now and all I can do is look at your favorite couch where you'd lay down and snooze. I used to sit there with you sometimes and you'd sit up and somehow you knew when I needed you most. You would snuggle your head into my chest and close your eyes. Somehow you always made things right. You helped me to prioritize everything. Now I am lost. All I can do is cry and miss you and try desperately to go through the motions. 
My only solace is that I can truly visualize you running around in a meadow up in Heaven. I see you playing with Bella and Lexi. And meeting other new friends. I see you barking happily with your tongue hanging out and that big goober smile on your handsome face. I see you playfully daring your new friends to keep up with you as you run and play with balls and your beloved frisbees. And when I think of this, I smile in the midst of the tears. Because no matter how much I am hurting, your pain was more important to me. And letting you go, however horrifically hard it was, was the best thing I could've done for you. The worst for us but the best for you. And that gives me peace too. That GOD gave us the strength to do the right things for you. We will love you forever our Buddy. Run free. 
Quote 0 0
Buddysmama
Goodnight Buddy. I love you my boy.
Quote 0 0
Buddysmama
Buddy, it's been two monthes today since  you left the physical pain you were enduring here on this Earth. I know that it had to be unbearable because there is nothing else that would've made you leave us. We could see it in your eyes the night before, your beautiful piercing eyes, tell us...."please, tell me it's ok to go now.  I don't want to leave you but I can't live in this body anymore. it's time for me to be with GOD. I will always be with you in your hearts. " And we did. We held you and kissed you a million times and told you it was ok to go. It took more courage than I knew I had Buddy. But for you, we could do anything. You gave us such strength and such peace the blessed 14 1/2 years you were here with  us. Pure loyalty and devotion. Pure love and joy. As I sit here with you on your favorite couch - what is left of the beautiful body you ran around in for 14 years, now in a tin - I cry and cry because I miss you so very much. It feels as though it's been only a day the way my heart hurts and then at times it feels like it's been years because each day without you seems sooooo long. As  cry, I have to also smile. Because I know that your tail is wagging, that your tongue is hanging out, that you have just caught 10  frisbees back to back, that you chased a ton of squirrels, and that you are happy again. I know you miss us but I wouldn't have you suffer another day on this Earth to give us relief. You are the most courageous and wonderful dog that has ever lived. And I will love you and remember you all the days of my life. Until we meet again at the rainbow bridge Buddy. Be a good boy. Save a couple frisbees for your friends to catch.  Momma and Roppa love you.
Quote 0 0