ksfrick
I picked up Bubba's ashes today.  The grief is so hard.  I went alone.   It's hard to believe that's all that's left of my boy.  I love you so much Bubba and I hope to see you again some day.  No one "got" me the way you did.
Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry about your Bubba passing on.......yes the grief is extremely hard and the first few months are by far the hardest. I am glad you have your boys ashes, its comforting to know that he is right there with you.

And yes, our babies "get" to us in such a way, they are family and loved beyond words.

My heart goes out to you!

Cam

Quote 0 0
Tankie12
The ashes are hard for me as well. That’s just not my girl. My girl is every cherished moment we spent together. The box is just what’s left of a form that held her beloved spirit. Her soul is what surrounds me with the promise I’ll wrap my arms around her again. You will see Bubba again🐾 warmest hugs,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I'm sorry about your Bubba. I went by myself to pick up both of my babies ashes because I knew how heartbroken I would be. It is so sad to know that the little being whom you loved so much is gone. But having them home did bring me some sort of comfort, at least they were with me. Take care of yourself, hugs to you .....
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Kate,
That was an awful day for me; I'll keep you in my thoughts. It's still hard for me to look at his box and know that's what is left, but I like how Tankie put it, "a form of that held her spirit." It's so difficult losing their physical being. 💔
Quote 0 0
ksfrick
Thanks everyone.  The only thing that makes this bearable sometimes is knowing you all get what this is like.  It makes the grief less lonely.  
Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0