Bichon
I had to put my dog to sleep yesterday March 7..my bichon 11 years old was diagnosed with bladder disorder. He had his surgery and the vet could no longer push his bladder. He had several episodes of rectal prolapse and catheter had to be inserted. Yesterday...I could no longer see him suffer .....I am hurting...
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Brucee,
It was 8 weeks yesterday since my Bichon, Cody, passed. He  was 13 1/2. I had him for 11  1/2 years. They are such good, sweet, gentle dogs. There fur is so soft and for me petting him made me forget about all my sadness and troubles. He started having seizures back in November. We took him to a neurologist and found out he had a large brain tumor. He was put on anti-seizure medications and a steroid to stop the pressure on his brain. He was good for two more months until the tumor got too big for the medication to help so we had to let him go. He was the love of my life and I miss him so.  My life will never be the same.  I feel your pain and am so sorry you have to go through this. 
Julie 💔
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
Bichon
I can't and will never forget the look in his eyes when they were inserting the IV...I can't see him go through the same pain and struggles to urinate or relieve himself. He hated the catheter before and 1 year of medications was too much for him. Even with the prolapse...brucee was still so gentle...I am torn with my guilt...
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
It is so sad to see how brave they are when they have to have procedures done to them that are painful and you can't explain to them why. Cody hated the vet and when he had seizures they came one right after the other and he would have to go to the ER where he stayed in a cage and got hooked to IVs. He would be there until they could stop them for 12 hours straight. I would have to leave him overnight once 2 nights. When I came to visit him I would take him out if the cage still hooked to the IV and hold and pet him. Then when I had to leave and put him back in the cage the look on his face when he knew I wasn't taking him with me was torture. I would go to the car and bawl my eyes out.  We just have to remember that we did the best we could knowing what we knew at the time and out if love. Try to hold on to that.
Julie 💔
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
Bigcatsdad
I'm so very sorry for your loss of your little companion.
It's so hard to let them go. Five weeks ago we had to put our 16 year old cat Albert to sleep, he was my best bud. He developed a large mass in his abdomen which was causing him pain, lack of eating and drinking. We were told that frequently older pets would not survive major surgery so we made the painful decision to end and not prolong his pain. Definitely the hardest and most heart breaking thing I've ever had to to do in my life. We found out after the fact that surgery would not have been an option so there wasn't too much else we could have done. I'm still lost and heart broken. Knowing that we give our little furry ones a good life and loving home for over the years and we don't prolong their suffering can hopefully bring a little bit of comfort even though it's still so heart breaking. Hopefully remembering all the good and happy times you had with him can help ease your pain a little. It still all takes a lot of time and tears. I still cry every day, I miss him so much.
My heart goes out to you and your little one.
Bigcatsdad
Quote 0 0
Bichon
When I prepare food for my other dogs, I would get brucee's dish and put food for him. I stare at his area and tears rolling....thinking ...blaming myself...condeming myself for my decision. I knew that In time I will have to decide sooner or later...the suffering ....the struggle of Brucee trying to relieve himself is too much to bear. I miss him so much....
Quote 0 0